Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   i am exhausted (long) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/112378-i-am-exhausted-long.html)

civicdude 08-31-2003 10:37 PM

i am exhausted (long)

Its been a busy detailing weekend. I didnt expect to do any cars yesterday due to the fact that it was going to rain in the afternoon...Which it did. My fiancees moms car was so filthy....so I told my fiancee to drive it over here and I would clean it. Sh it turned out that my neighbor wanted there explorer washed...so we did that...vaccumed it and did the glass and made $25. The we fully detailed her moms grand am. This car is a 1995 with 25k miles on it....Now it looks like it just rolled out of the show room. The car is white but when it showed up at my house yesterday, it was brown....Then today....her brother in law wanted his 1999 white dodge 15 passenger van detailed. He told me not to go crazy with it but I couldnt resist. He washed it once since he bought it new in 1999. It has 103k miles on it now....the interior was trashed because he owns a carpet installing company....

I washed it with car wash and red thunder....A highly toxic chemical that I use to clean paint, carpet, engines, etc...Then I clayed the whole van except the roof, and then after it dried I saw that the white van was still flat like primer and very dirty. I took out the buffer and compunded the whole van using tru grit...which is a compound that contains aluminum chips....I usually use 3m rubbing compund but the 3m wasnt doing anything to get the oxidation out of this van....So after 1.5 hours of compounding out scratches, and paint marks, and oxidation, It started to look really good. I then rewashed the van to remove any polish that I may of missed, wiped it down with a chamois and waxed the entire van....The van is soooo smooth now...It looks brand new. I then cleaned the dash board and door panels and dressed them with mother interior dressing...he didnt want me to do the floors or the seats....

When he came to pick up the van...He thought I got him a new van.,...He could not believe it was the same van....His brother dropped him off at my house and he was also speechless. His brother has the exact same van....but it is a 2001 and it is in better condition. Guess what I am cleaning next sunday....After I finished that van, I detailed my prizm, my dads 02 civic, and my moms camry....I have no cars scheduled for tommorow but next weekend is going to be busy too. I have 3 civic's and maybe a BMW or a Merscedes to detail....on saturday and then the other white 15 passenger to do on sunday.....

sexcivic2k1 09-05-2003 01:42 PM

sounds good! you should get a digital camera (if you dont already have one) and take detailed before and after pictures so people can see your work, and hopefully you get more business :)

civicdude 09-05-2003 10:12 PM

Yeah I do that sometimes...I prolly sohuld of taken shots of the van before and after I cleaned it

Huh_Oh Sh*t! 09-09-2003 11:21 AM

great effort man!! u have really good persistance... i too an very anal about cleanliness... but it's hard to keep everything clean knowing i have a job, 1yr-old son, and a gf to care of too...

civicdude 09-09-2003 01:01 PM

I have a full time job also that I work on m-4 7-3. I have a fiancee and we are saving for a wedding....next summer...so the more cars to clean the more money for our wedding.