Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Paint Jobs?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/103202-paint-jobs.html)

salokod 07-12-2003 09:54 AM

Paint Jobs??

How much did you guys (people who have gotten a new paint job) pay? I kinda want to change my silver civic into a dark grey or maybe like a shade of a green.... how much do you think that will run.

I'm thinking about gettng a body kit after my turbo, and am thinking about painting the whole car...

thanks

Weaponx12o 07-12-2003 06:28 PM

you need lots of money. for a good paint job, where they strip everything off. that type would cost maybe 3-5 g's. a cheap paint job costs like 2 g's. if you have hook ups, you might just have to pay for the paint.

wonderz 07-13-2003 03:54 PM

i think marco or something charges like $300 for whole car paint with clear coat :) they got it on commerical. However they do not help you strip your old paint tho. and not sure about the quality too

killakoala 07-14-2003 04:01 PM

I wouldnt suggest macco. as wonderz said, they dont strip your old paint, so the new paint just goes over the old. ghetto. I can almost guarantee, the paints gonna get shitty fast. Once again, like anything you do to your car, you get what you pay for. The silvers a nice color on the civic, but if you really do want to change it, pay a little bit more, and have it done right the first time. Research some paint shops around your area, see what kinda quality work they do, and have them all give you a price quote. Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

kjgracing 07-14-2003 05:23 PM

I just bout some graphics off of eBay for
40 bucks

I need to get some rota slipstreams now
that I sold my motegi's!

I just installed these graphics myself.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...icsMe.JPG?6702

jonnyg 07-16-2003 02:21 AM

^^^lol jesus what does that have to with with any part of this post, personally ur graphics and stickers are ugly as are you but hey its ur car not mine.

anyways not to get too off topic i suggest you search around ur local body/paint shops and get sum estimates, in general tho a new paint job will cost a couple thousand.

civicdude 07-16-2003 08:55 AM

Originally posted by jonnyg
^^^lol jesus what does that have to with with any part of this post, personally ur graphics and stickers are ugly as are you but hey its ur car not mine.

anyways not to get too off topic i suggest you search around ur local body/paint shops and get sum estimates, in general tho a new paint job will cost a couple thousand.

Y are you going off on this guy.....He is just showing what he did to his car, even if it is off topic and it doesnt belong in this thread, doesnt mean that you gotta be mean to him...he should of posted it in members rides, but thats another story.

jonnyg 07-17-2003 06:08 PM

Originally posted by civicdude
Y are you going off on this guy.....He is just showing what he did to his car, even if it is off topic and it doesnt belong in this thread, doesnt mean that you gotta be mean to him...he should of posted it in members rides, but thats another story.
well if ur gonna post a pic then obviously you want people to see it and comment it... so i said wut i wanted to say about it , its his car and not really my taste. anyways no hard feelings...its just a forum on the internet

skaterboy 07-18-2003 04:23 PM

relax peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ballajack11 07-20-2003 12:48 AM

Hi, I have a important question about paint jobs, what if my civic is blue and i wanna keep it blue, but over time the scratches increase, anyway to solve this, plus i messed up the paint by getting the factory touch up and it sucks...so anyway do solve this....do i have to repaint my car even if its the same color? or do i have other options..thanx.

JSWhaler 07-21-2003 09:29 AM

you're gonna have to repaint the car, or at least that part of the car to get rid of the spots. You can get individual pannels painted to match which = less $$$

FALKEN 07-21-2003 05:44 PM

it looks like your headed for 'thunder road'