Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   chamois? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/101818-chamois.html)

gotti 07-05-2003 01:18 PM

chamois?

Yeah, so Ive been using a chamois ever since I got my car, and its great.

However, as of late, i've been noticing these little pieces of chamois residue being left on my car. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening, or is it time to get a new chamois?

Thanks for the help :tup:

AR 07-06-2003 02:26 PM

how long have you been using the same chammy? for as long as you've own the car? shame, shame. i usually get new drying equipment every other month so that the residue that collects on it doesn't end up scratching my car. i buy a new sponge about every 3-4 washes.

you want mho, i don't even touch chammy's... i use the absorber. supposedly, it's been proven to reduce swirls and it does pic up left over residue. it's around the same price for the chamois so you wont have to bum mom and dad for cash, you can waste their money at the armani store. :D

gotti 07-06-2003 02:46 PM

Originally posted by AR
how long have you been using the same chammy? for as long as you've own the car? shame, shame. i usually get new drying equipment every other month so that the residue that collects on it doesn't end up scratching my car. i buy a new sponge about every 3-4 washes.

you want mho, i don't even touch chammy's... i use the absorber. supposedly, it's been proven to reduce swirls and it does pic up left over residue. it's around the same price for the chamois so you wont have to bum mom and dad for cash, you can waste their money at the armani store. :D

lol. Ok, so I guess its time for a new "absorber".

Im actually going to Armani next week :hgrin:

GreenNVicious 07-06-2003 03:03 PM

:clap: The Absorber, I use the same thing, I love it. It's like 10 bucks, but it's worth the money.

iluvhonda 07-08-2003 02:07 AM

the cali water blade is good too. as long as u rinse ur car really really well. there will be no scratches on the paint. i use to use chamois and there were still small amount of scratches. water blade is about 15-20 bux, but u can dry real fast once u get used to it.

JohnnyLee 07-08-2003 02:04 PM

Originally posted by GreenNVicious
:clap: The Absorber, I use the same thing, I love it. It's like 10 bucks, but it's worth the money.
Oh Yeah!!!

VTECTypeR 07-09-2003 02:58 AM

Where can you find the absorber i dont think I have ever seen it. What does it look like

Boilermaker1 07-09-2003 11:55 AM

Every Walmart, K-mart, Target, and Auto Zoo I've ever been in carries the Absorber. They come in a plastic storage tube and come in a bunch of colors. Looks like a chamois but it's synthetic. I've got 2 of them.

prccivic 07-09-2003 06:32 PM

Originally posted by iluvhonda
the cali water blade is good too. as long as u rinse ur car really really well. there will be no scratches on the paint. i use to use chamois and there were still small amount of scratches. water blade is about 15-20 bux, but u can dry real fast once u get used to it.
The Blade is a definite A+ product. It takes a few washes to get used to it but after that drying time is cut in half.

erica02civicCPE 07-14-2003 07:12 PM

:_bow: :_bow: absorber!! yayayy love it