Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/335-suspension)
-   -   My 2002 Civic EX needs struts. What's good, yet affordable? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/335-suspension/370593-my-2002-civic-ex-needs-struts-whats-good-yet-affordable.html)

MamaBear2015 07-03-2017 05:26 PM

My 2002 Civic EX needs struts. What's good, yet affordable?

I'm not a mechanic - just the owner. We got this car almost 2 years ago. The front driver's side strut has been squeaking ( my mechanic says probably a bushing ) for the whole time, under about 50 degrees, and now all the time. Now the other front one is too.

The struts MAY be the originals - don't know - but they are a HARD ride.

There's also been like a galloping of the front tires when turning corners sometimes.

Anyway, what's a good affordable brand, that fits the 2002 Civic EX Vtec sedan, that will also give us a nicer ride and not break the budget?

I've been doing a little Google research and they have a KYB Strut Plus ( Plus being like a Quickstrut or complete strut? "Readymount"? ) that sounds like they may be good, but are they? Do they come in complete sets of 4?

Or what might be good like that?

Thanks! :)

MamaBear2015 07-08-2017 07:58 PM

Re: 2002 Civic EX needs struts

No replies?

ezone 07-08-2017 10:43 PM

Re: My 2002 Civic EX needs struts. What's good, yet affordable?

I'd install Honda struts, but that's not the answer you want.

MamaBear2015 07-09-2017 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4727070)
I'd install Honda struts, but that's not the answer you want.

:bump:

If I'd thought that would be the solution, I wouldn't even have posted here.

I want something better, that doesn't cost a fortune. A complete strut, not having to buy each washer and spring.

And maybe something adjustable, with a better ride?

GolNat 07-11-2017 11:43 PM

KYB is OE supplier so they are always a good option. Being all one piece makes instal easier but it's not hard to piece them together.

If it's not a performance strut it should ride like stock which for a Civic is firmer then say a Pilot.

MamaBear2015 07-12-2017 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4727306)
KYB is OE supplier so they are always a good option. Being all one piece makes instal easier but it's not hard to piece them together.

If it's not a performance strut it should ride like stock which for a Civic is firmer then say a Pilot.

So what's a good affordable "complete" strut for the car, which can be adjusted for a nice comfortable ride? My partner has a nerve pain disease in her legs, called RSD, and bumps hurt her. If it works, we can put them in her 2000 Civic LX too.

SammySC 07-14-2017 03:03 PM

I had Monroe quick struts a while back. They rode very smooth and were only $142.66 each plus labor. Got them at Car Quest. Good luck! :rolleyes: