Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Canada East (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east)
-   -   who wants hyper blinkers the easy way (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east/66728-who-wants-hyper-blinkers-easy-way.html)

profurious 12-11-2002 03:02 PM

who wants hyper blinkers the easy way

i just bought some new turn signal lights for my ride, upon further inspection of the bulb it was not the same. when i tried to make it similar to the oem i broke part of it. i decided to install it anyway and presto i had a hyper blinker. if you want to do it try it, it worked for me but i make no guarentees. i installed toucan industries bulbs in the front and rear signals but only did this for the rears.

1. remove your rear singnal lights
2. notice that the bulbs have 2 wire prongs on each side, it's actually 1 wire that comes out from the bulb and loops and goes back in
3. clip the two outside wires at the base and clip them at the top of the loop(be sure to clip the outside wires and not the inside ones
4. you should end up with one wire comin from the bulb on each side and does not goe back in
5. install and voila, you have hyper blinkers

Unstoppable 12-11-2002 07:23 PM

Hyper Blinkers gives me seizures [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

silverghost 01-03-2003 03:01 PM

Why not just put LED's in instead? You don't have to hack apart a new car and kill any warranty you may have. Let's think before we hack?
JUst a suggestion. The bulbs are from APC and cost around $7 each. It is by far the easiest way!
Later.:_doh:

Bartkat 02-09-2003 05:26 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: silverghost
Why not just put LED's in instead? You don't have to hack apart a new car and kill any warranty you may have. Let's think before we hack?
JUst a suggestion. The bulbs are from APC and cost around $7 each. It is by far the easiest way!
Later.:_doh:[hr]
:_doh::_doh:

The guy was only cutting the little wires on the little bulbs, man, not anythiing that's part of the car.

watewate 02-09-2003 05:35 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Unstoppable
Hyper Blinkers gives me seizures [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]

they are annoying.. along with those white turn signals.. I just want to walk up to the car and smash then..
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]:tdown:

Falcon 02-09-2003 08:46 PM

are you saying you like my white turn signals??

why thank you! [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

actually, they're only that way cause i didnt have any amber bulbs handy when i was installing my headlights.. and im too lazy to change em

Booohahaha 02-09-2003 08:59 PM

haha ..thats nothing i hate ppl with purple. or green turn signals u can barely see em.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 02-09-2003 09:04 PM

Amber turn signals and parking lights started coming on new cars in 1963.

CUE2k1 02-10-2003 12:48 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: profurious
i just bought some new turn signal lights for my ride, upon further inspection of the bulb it was not the same. when i tried to make it similar to the oem i broke part of it. i decided to install it anyway and presto i had a hyper blinker. if you want to do it try it, it worked for me but i make no guarentees. i installed toucan industries bulbs in the front and rear signals but only did this for the rears.

1. remove your rear singnal lights
2. notice that the bulbs have 2 wire prongs on each side, it's actually 1 wire that comes out from the bulb and loops and goes back in
3. clip the two outside wires at the base and clip them at the top of the loop(be sure to clip the outside wires and not the inside ones
4. you should end up with one wire comin from the bulb on each side and does not goe back in
5. install and voila, you have hyper blinkers[hr]

GOOD DIY!!! Thanks man... I'll try that!