Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Canada East (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east)
-   -   Is there any way to say Hi? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east/65167-there-any-way-say-hi.html)

R1Style 12-01-2002 02:20 PM

Is there any way to say Hi?

This may sound stupid but I think we should have some sort of way to say Hi to each other when we're driving on the road and spot one another. Sort of like the Jeep wave.

SmoothOperator 12-01-2002 02:28 PM

What exactly is the "Jeep Wave"?

txtadik 12-01-2002 02:28 PM

or secret 7th gen handshake? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

scsGrumPyDriveR 12-01-2002 02:50 PM

yeah...

we could rev our engines and stick up the middle finger...

for senior members. they get 2 fingers.

R1Style 12-01-2002 02:59 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: SmoothOperator
What exactly is the "Jeep Wave"?[hr]
This applies to people that own Jeep TJ's, YJ's, Renegade, etc....
When they pass each other on the road, the drivers will wave at each other. But I know what you're thinking... they don't stick the arm out the window or anything and frantically flail there arms all over the place, rather, say you're driving with your hand on the steering wheel at the 12 0'clock position. When you come up to an approaching Jeep, you simply lift your fingers off the steering wheel with the palm still resting on it and that's how it's done.

This doesn't have to be done but it'd be cool to indicate to others that you're a member on this board. Just a thought...

Here... I took a picture to give you an example of what I mean.... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] MyBeautifulHand.jpg (39 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] MyBeautifulHand.jpg (39 Kb)

1028CiViC 12-01-2002 03:03 PM

yea..dat's a good idea..haha...but i guess most of u have seen my car...keke..

FlippedOut 12-01-2002 04:04 PM

that's hard to see... while your in motion...

if you guys see my car, and you wanna say hello to me...
stick your finger up your nose... --> and then i'll start laughing to indicate that the msg has been received [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

jer2k 12-01-2002 04:06 PM

use your thumb and finger to make and "L" (like loser) then flip it upside down for a "7" (as in 7th gen)

it gives an inverted 7 (if your right handed) to the person you are waving at buts its close.

Booohahaha 12-01-2002 04:24 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

supYO 12-01-2002 09:27 PM

this has been discussed

honk twice tap on breaks 3 times flash lights once long then flicker once
then open window and yell out screen name

done n done

MIR 12-01-2002 10:13 PM

WOAH, people we should think of something simple..wat is up with this honking and tapping and flashing of lights..I need to get a pen and paper to write all that down...something simple and distinctive ..lol. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

oldskool 12-01-2002 10:21 PM

me and my group of friends with nice cars all have our thing......
.....but honestly......if some dude pulled up beside you say like 30 in a sedan with his family are you honestly going to wave......i've had this one girl in a red coupe pull up beside me, wave and give me thumbs up like i w as her friend or something.......i kind of laughed.......

txtadik 12-01-2002 11:07 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: oldskool
me and my group of friends with nice cars all have our thing......
.....but honestly......if some dude pulled up beside you say like 30 in a sedan with his family are you honestly going to wave......i've had this one girl in a red coupe pull up beside me, wave and give me thumbs up like i w as her friend or something.......i kind of laughed.......[hr]
more importantly, was she cute? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

O1Coupe 12-02-2002 03:54 AM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/old_attac...ifulHand%2Ejpg

Duck duck duck.. Dude you got serious case of webbed hands!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

R1Style 12-02-2002 01:19 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: O1Coupe

Duck duck duck.. Dude you got serious case of webbed hands!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][hr]
I had extra skin grafted inbetween my fingers for better swimming. I can also hold soup, coffee, tea, water, gravey, etc... in the palm of my hand without spilling a drop! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] :cry:

CUE2k1 12-02-2002 06:51 PM

How about we just nod at the driver so that way if he/she nods back then it's all understood. I've had people nod at me while crossing paths. But he was driving a done up integra. Either he was giving props or he was g@y!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

txtadik 12-11-2002 07:39 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: O1Coupe

Duck duck duck.. Dude you got serious case of webbed hands!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][hr]
how can anyone see that wave? your windshield's all frosted up [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

mohawkboom 12-11-2002 07:45 PM

How about place a 7thgencivic.com sticker on your car like me!!

A Better solution would be a bumper tapping the other person...then honking at them unrelentlessly for 7 minutes (7th gen afterall)