Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Canada East (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east)
-   -   Engine stalling (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east/56623-engine-stalling.html)

wooman 09-30-2002 03:48 PM

Engine stalling

I was at a stop sign, put the shifter in neutral position, foot on the brakes, and sudden the engine shakes and rpm's drops!! I had to put my foot on the gas to keep the rev's up... has anyone had this situation before??? I drive a 2002 civic lx coupe manual tranny.... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

macrossranma 09-30-2002 04:26 PM

no, never happen, maybe you didnt shift to the right position, like have way in neutral and half way in gears?

CoupeStylz 09-30-2002 05:21 PM

I've also never had that happen. What mods have you done?

andoy 09-30-2002 05:29 PM

that happened to me........ once anyway... i started my engine and after 5 sec. of idling... my rpm drops to 100-200 and the engine started to shake like as if it was gonna die out... but it didnt.. it went back up to 800-900 after a sec or soo... since then.. it never happened... i also drive a 2002 coupe LX manual...

mohawkboom 09-30-2002 05:30 PM

Well try resetting your ECU...if that doesn;t fix it.. Take it to the dealer!!

SedanBoy 09-30-2002 07:00 PM

i had the same thing happen to me...... stopped at a light, put it into neutral, foot off clutch, then car started to shake..... but the werid thing is, the rpm was at 500 or so........... then i thought i didn't fully shift into neutral, so i clutched in again to see if the prob would go away, but it stayed there.......... gave it a bit of gas, but when the rpms ran back into the idling range, it started shaking again......... then the lights changed and i started........ after that, nothing happened......... hope that was a one time only thing.......... i drive an lx sedan............ anyone else?

FlippedOut 09-30-2002 07:01 PM

sounds scary.. never has it happened to me

HeRbaLuS 09-30-2002 07:05 PM

sure does sound kinda weird ........wouldn't want the car dropping dead on you

greg2k1 09-30-2002 07:22 PM

My car does that every once in a while, nothing to worry about unless it happens a lot. In my stang it happened a lot. It usually your idle air bypass that gets gummed up with zhit or iit could be idle air bypass motor if happens a lot...

CUE2k1 09-30-2002 07:36 PM

:_doh:
that happened to me a few times and I just give it a bit of gas. Scares me because I don't want to look like an idiot stalling while at a stop light or something. I always laugh at the people who stalls that's why... haha

wooman 09-30-2002 10:32 PM

no mods done on my car... bone stock... the stalling happens rarely... so I don't even think the Honda service will care enuf to fix anything... (or know where to start looking for the problem...)

I guess it's a relief that I am not the only one?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] but still, it did scare me, thinking I might stall at a stop sign, which won't be cool... yikes! ha ha ha [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I'll be sure to mention that on my next visit to the service centre though...