Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Canada East (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east)
-   -   Gen7 Banner (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/31-canada-east/159928-gen7-banner.html)

player 06-20-2004 12:27 AM

Gen7 Banner

So we were at impont nite today, club prelude was there, and they had a big banner hanging my their cars. Its basicly a huge Vinyle poster with pics and the name of the club.

considering that many of us will be going to dark nites, i think having one of these for Gen7 would be a good idea. so SHU and NITEHAWK, wha do u guys know about these banners and how much they cost. Everyone else, try yo come up with some Designs. I am bassiclly thinking of a 1 meter by 4 meter poster or something on vinyle.

Shu 06-20-2004 10:05 AM

Definitely a good idea...I will make an effort to get a design done this week, but no promises as I've been busy as hell lately...

I'm sure Nitehawk or Pharoh (sig master!) could come up with something great as well!

Pharoh 06-20-2004 10:08 AM

I can design something but I don't have the means to make a bannar like the Ottawa Prelude Club was using.

Shu 06-20-2004 10:18 AM

Well, I can ask my printer and see how much it'll cost to do this thing...do we have a budget to get it done?

Pharoh 06-20-2004 10:44 AM

that's a good question Shu...we should find out how much we got for this

player 06-20-2004 12:10 PM

well first we should see how much this is gonna cost approximatly, and then we can devide itup upon who is willing to pay

Lynk 06-20-2004 01:18 PM

^^ like you mentioned in that other post, we can always try to get sponsors on that banner

nitehawk 06-20-2004 06:47 PM

I can look into it for you guys. If we stay away from the digital imaging it will keep costs down considerably. I say just throw a huge GEN7 logo in vinyl on it. NICE AND BIG haha.

Liro 06-20-2004 11:01 PM

im with you nitehawk....lets keep the costs down....what is happening with darknights? my thread didnt work, i cant tell who wants in....like to actually show as part of the team

nitehawk 06-21-2004 09:34 AM

Im interested but I really dont understand anything about showing the car or how it works. Do you have to leave it there all weekend or are there specific times that you can roll out or in? It would be nice to park with a bunch of 7th Gens though.

Shu 06-21-2004 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by nitehawk
I can look into it for you guys. If we stay away from the digital imaging it will keep costs down considerably. I say just throw a huge GEN7 logo in vinyl on it. NICE AND BIG haha.

Great idea...lots of little pictures wouldn't have the impact of 1 HUGE-AZZ logo anyway...haha...

Nitehawk, I will send you a file of the revised logo in case you end up printing this thing (it's changed slightly since the last version I gave you)

Pharoh 06-21-2004 11:48 AM

I suggest we have the team logo followed by the url for 7thgen in smaller print or something since we make our home here.

nitehawk 06-21-2004 12:18 PM

Thanks Shu!

Good idea pharoh.

Do you guys know how big you want the banner to be (in feet)?

Shu 06-21-2004 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No prob...:)

Here it is with the URL...I will send this file to you once everyone is happy with it...

Shu 06-21-2004 12:33 PM

^ of course, it can be any colour you guys want...we should vote for the official logo colour!

nitehawk 06-21-2004 02:01 PM

looks great. I like the black and maybe a colour can be used for the 7 but even that black and white one with the url looks great.

ViEtDraGoN 06-21-2004 09:58 PM

yea i agree with nitehawk! i think those colors look awsome! hehe maybe cuz i personally like white and black!

lounge_8180 06-22-2004 02:49 AM

great idea!!! the banner looks really good shu... im guessing everyone will be pitching in a lil cash for this right??

Liro 06-22-2004 01:24 PM

hold up...where are we displaying this banner again?

im lost i guess

player 06-22-2004 01:36 PM

we will be displaying this at any show or event we go to, example dark nights.

the issue is who get to hold on to it ?

Pharoh 06-22-2004 08:12 PM

Shu: I'm actually feeling that as a larger quarter window design too...what do you think?

Shu 06-23-2004 07:45 AM

Could work! The only problem I see would be that the whole thing would have to be pretty big overall to allow the URL to be easily cut out in vinyl...any type smaller than 1/2 inch is a biotch to cut out...

Let me know what size you had in mind...:)

nitehawk 06-23-2004 08:21 AM

yeah Shu is right if the letters are too small its a really difficult for the plotter to cut them nicely.
You could always go with a contour around everything and have one solid peel and stick style decal but those usually cost a bit more than straight vinyl.

Pharoh 06-23-2004 08:26 AM

Ottawa peeps might remember my autometer stickers...the small print was crazy...hah. I'm suprised they were able to make it.

Liro 06-23-2004 07:29 PM

i think the reps should be responsible for hold onto the banner....depending on who needs it, it will get passed along rep to rep....

but to tell you the truth, id rather not have the responsiblity

Pharoh 06-23-2004 07:34 PM

haha....I'll hold it.

Suggestion...

On the banner, along with the name/logo and URL I think we should also add the locations of the team as well...ie. london, Ottawa, Miss, Scar and so on...

Liro 06-24-2004 08:26 PM

good idea

Shu 06-25-2004 08:04 AM

Great idea...I'll lay something out today, but what are the regions? What order?

Barrie
London
Niagara
Ottawa
GTA (Etobicoke, Mississauga, North York, Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Thornhill...!)

I think saying each part of the GTA might be more trouble than it's worth (too many, and we'd have to add more each time someone joins, like Pickering or Ajax or East York, etc...)

Just a suggestion...how about just saying "Canada East Team" or something? That could make for a cleaner design...

Originally Posted by Pharoh
haha....I'll hold it.

Suggestion...

On the banner, along with the name/logo and URL I think we should also add the locations of the team as well...ie. london, Ottawa, Miss, Scar and so on...

nitehawk 07-04-2004 09:58 PM

I think the region thing might be too much. putting CanEast is pretty cool but I really like the one with Genseven and the url because it works well together and stays balanced and uncluttered. Let me know what you guys think and I can get a banner made up for you guys. Im pretty sure I can do it for cheap cause I can just use some off cuts from work for the banner.

Liro 07-07-2004 11:21 AM

yeah run with the can east thing...the regions are too much...people will know what can east encompasses