Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Sign in if you are going to NOPI.....We are building a list (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/86679-sign-if-you-going-nopi-we-building-list.html)

SPK2RA 04-14-2003 10:04 AM

Sounds cool, went last year with a friend; might go again this year. BTW, which lot are you all planning to park in.

CarbonFly 04-14-2003 11:36 AM

Originally posted by SPK2RA
Sounds cool, went last year with a friend; might go again this year. BTW, which lot are you all planning to park in.
When you register for the show, select "7thgencivic.com" as your car club and all of us will be put together in the same lot.

It is cheaper to register to enter in the show($35) and you get to bring a passenger. But if you go as a spectator its like $60 or something.

Plus if you are showing your car, you get to enter the show 2 hours before everyone else.

Intruder 04-14-2003 11:51 AM

I'm a moron, pardon me while I delete that post and spend some time looking for my brain:D

MadWheel 04-14-2003 03:22 PM

Guys I'm definately down, been planning on it for over a year. I bought one of the Incubus Civic Si's so expect to see me there with you guys, 7thgen owns!

BTW, I'm dressing up the motor for the show, hopfuly as much polished stuff as I can get

MadWheel 04-14-2003 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here....

RiceBuRNeR 04-15-2003 09:23 AM

I went to nopi last year on the SS tour...so you know Ill be there again.

power091999 04-15-2003 09:50 AM

Quick question. With minimal aftermarket done to my car would it be wise to register even though it's cheaper?

by minimal i mean

CAI
17" rims
After Market Radio... definatly not 1000's and 1000's of dollars though.
I would love to go though. And spend as little as possible :)

CarbonFly 04-15-2003 10:21 AM

Originally posted by power091999
Quick question. With minimal aftermarket done to my car would it be wise to register even though it's cheaper?

by minimal i mean

CAI
17" rims
After Market Radio... definatly not 1000's and 1000's of dollars though.
I would love to go though. And spend as little as possible :)

Dude, any car can enter. No one cares how stock it might be. I got my civic 2 weeks before NOPI Nats last year and I entered it in the show almost bone-stock except for soundsystem.

I know people who are flying in from the west coast and they are entering their rental cars in the show because its cheaper than paying for a spectator pass.

Hope to see you there.

BlueFlame 04-15-2003 11:03 AM

Damn, I'd love to go .. if it wasn't 2500 miles away. I mean the way I drive that's only a few hours, but still ...

By the time I got down there the car would be soooo trashed, I would be embarrassed to enter it. It would be a lot of fun though, and if I had the money I would seriously consider making the trip anyway.

power091999 04-15-2003 11:43 AM

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
Dude, any car can enter. No one cares how stock it might be. I got my civic 2 weeks before NOPI Nats last year and I entered it in the show almost bone-stock except for soundsystem.

I know people who are flying in from the west coast and they are entering their rental cars in the show because its cheaper than paying for a spectator pass.

Hope to see you there.

Sweet! I am gonna drive down then. Anyone on the east coast care for a bit of a road trip and half and half on a hotel room? Let me know, maybe we can get a train of 7thgens going down I 95, god that would be great to see. :evil:

CarbonFly 04-15-2003 12:16 PM

Originally posted by power091999
Sweet! I am gonna drive down then. Anyone on the east coast care for a bit of a road trip and half and half on a hotel room? Let me know, maybe we can get a train of 7thgens going down I 95, god that would be great to see. :evil:
There is already a road trip setup. Each year Super Street leads a tour down from the north into Atlanta. More than 3,000 cars travel together each year.

Get more INFO

MadWheel 04-15-2003 09:39 PM

sweet, im from s. Nh and i'm doing that grand road trip, cant wait this year

Xopher 04-16-2003 12:26 AM

Wow. I never thought stock or near-stock Civs would be accepted to a national car show or should even register for that matter. (Well, I have a sound system, tint and several DIYs done to my car. I have drop springs and an front-upper grill sitting in my garage--But I want to wait until I get my headlights so I can just install them both at once.) What you, FlyRiceRacer02, said brings my ambitions up. I just thought that I'd get eaten alive there.. But I probably will anyway. :) I don't plan on winning anything at all, that's for sure. I'd just like to go there to show the 7thGen pride. I'd like others to roll up there with me. (I know another 7thGen member from Tampa and my same area.) Plus there are two other 7thGens around town here, but I haven't absolutely no idea who the guys are that drive them. Somehow, and one day, I'm going to attempt to find out who they are and hopefully befriend them. Any suggestions? :confused: Anyhow, I believe it was mentioned here that registration is $35.. But, at this pagehere , it's listed as $70.

CarbonFly 04-16-2003 11:09 AM

Ooops......you are right.......base registration is $35 then it is $35 for each class you enter.

I was just looking at this link.

http://register.nopi.com/index.cfm?f...d=16&eventid=8

This is my car at NOPI last year.......look at how stock she was.....

https://www.nopinationals.com/nn2002...Silver%202.jpg

david02civic 04-16-2003 02:06 PM

Well, its My birthday september 20th, ill be 20!!!!!! Perhaps we can throw a party when we get there. Just an idea.

CarbonFly 04-16-2003 03:13 PM

I might slide a beer your way at the bar. Just be careful since you're still a youngin......hehehe

Xopher 04-17-2003 01:01 AM

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
Ooops......you are right.......base registration is $35 then it is $35 for each class you enter.

I was just looking at this link.

http://register.nopi.com/index.cfm?f...d=16&eventid=8

This is my car at NOPI last year.......look at how stock she was.....

So, we have to do the base reg'd. Then we need to reg'd for a certain class too?

Edit: Sorry. I took out your pic so it wouldn't load twice. Oh, and I just remembered that I'll be turning 21 in August. So, maybe I could get some big present for my car. :)

2k2EXCOUPE 04-20-2003 03:38 PM

I'll be there. I live right in Atlanta. And by September, I will have my rims (which come on april 30th!!!) and my car lowered and possibly a few other things. Can't wait to see yall.

-Eli

david02civic 04-20-2003 07:41 PM

Well, we gotta all party saturday and get plastered since its my B-day. Not to plastered cause wel have to wake up early. LOL

2k2EXCOUPE 04-20-2003 07:43 PM

LOL, sounds like a typical saturday night...

2k2civicRAY 04-24-2003 09:13 PM

I always go to the nopi nats!!! I might actually enter and represent 7th gen!!! I should have my interior in 2 tone black and silver leather by then, so i'll enter

Snort2001 04-25-2003 04:44 AM

awwww man!! that sounds sooooo coool. i wanna go too!! too bad i live all da way out in the bay area in cali, but im moving to vegas this summer..so ill be a little bit closer, LoL~ but still..a LOOOOOOOOOONG ass drive, yet i wanna go!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

power091999 04-25-2003 12:06 PM

Ill be going. Anyone on here from around upstate NY, that wants to go down together?

atl01 04-25-2003 08:47 PM

15 min from my house, best weekend of the whole year!!!
It's after the show when all the fun starts.

STYLIN2K2 04-28-2003 01:30 PM

Originally posted by RiceBuRNeR
I went to nopi last year on the SS tour...so you know Ill be there again.

I might go again this year if i do i'll be doing the tour again

02CivicEX 04-28-2003 05:56 PM

Let me see what i can do, I live in MI so it is gunna take some planning,

Question: Does it matter that a have 1ST Priority cc on my back window???

EM2HK1 04-30-2003 11:28 PM

my B-day is on sept 20th, i prob cant go...too far for me.

BlueRevs 05-04-2003 09:53 PM

i might make the trip down, ill have to see with school and what not. Itll be a long drive but it would be fun as hell, especially as a 7thgen group.

Well i would really have to think about it now because it is about a 950 some mile trip, and that is about a 12 hour drive. Its all good i have plenty of time to think about it.

Pharoh 05-08-2003 12:34 PM

Man, I'm in Ottawa and obviously won't be able to attend something that far..BUT...I will be with a large group representin' in Toronto for the Dark Nights Show!

94civicsedan 05-08-2003 01:06 PM

hahaha try to look for a black 3000gt VR4. Maybe he will find another car to race.

99VR4@NOPI video is pretty cool.