Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   burnout w/ 7thgen? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/83383-burnout-w-7thgen.html)

malice29r 03-22-2003 03:27 PM

burnout w/ 7thgen?

Hey,

I am kinda curious as to what kind of burnout (if any) can be done with an '02 EX (5 spd).. I'm too much of a pansy to try it myself right now :D ..mostly cuz i'm still so new to driving stick.

I've d/led some vids of civics lighting up the tires... but it seems to me that they probably have done motor swaps, etc.. doesn't seem like a stock civic can get some nice white smoke..

lol..and the reason i'm curious is that i wanna ditch the junk tires that come with it, and would rather have some fun with em for a bit.

iamboo 03-22-2003 03:28 PM

LOL!!! give them to me.. i'll light em up really nice..

Hawk 03-22-2003 03:35 PM

You can get a Geo Metro to do a wicked burnout if its a Manual. Hell my old vic could go it in it had 76 horsepower. You don't need alot of horsepower to do a burnout.

ngophat 03-22-2003 03:56 PM

do too many and its goodbye clutch. oh yea and why even do vic burnouts...? we have an open differential so i dont think spinnning one wheel is cool.

Dr5D 03-22-2003 03:56 PM

i dont know about where you live, but see if they have any kind of sreet races, there are all kinds of stupid people killing their tires!!!!

iamboo 03-22-2003 04:00 PM

with a nice patch of water, you can get both tires going evenly...;)

born2xLr8 03-22-2003 04:21 PM

I know what you mean, malice29r I'm doing the same thing with my stockies. Hold clutch down, rev to 3000+ rpms and release. Fast turns at sharp corners tends to wear the sides out too.

KeNsHiN 03-22-2003 04:31 PM

dude it's fun, but it's really hard on your engine.......so be careful. What am i say i lit up the stock tires as soon as i left the dealer LOL

malice29r 03-22-2003 04:56 PM

aww.. I forgot about the engine and clutch getting wrecked, guess no smoke for me :(

well...maybe just once :p

sc1golfr 03-22-2003 04:57 PM

pull up the E-brake, rev it up and drop the clutch, youll get some white smoke goin

ngophat 03-22-2003 10:10 PM

i did something like that but instead of using the ebrake i just burned going up a large hill. the amount of smoke was crazy but i got pulled over and the cops made fun of me cause i have a honda :(

Gryphin 03-22-2003 10:22 PM

lol burning out , depends on how far or how long your willing to go.:) Its easyer to do it with a stick , then it is with an auto. But with a stick, I seen it best done by pulling e-brake, getting close to 7500 and then dumping the clutch and then slowing down to about 5000 rpms till you want to stop? :) but if you just want to lay down a line :) do the same but keep reving and dont have the ebrake on:) autos you just push in brake, pull ebrake, and then left off the brake, and stomp it :) or you could push in your brake, push in the gas , while you have both going, slowly take your foot off the break and your front wheels will spin spin :)

branden 03-23-2003 01:16 AM

put a nice patch of chlorine in your front tires, then use worn out 185's
i held the rev at 4000 and a tow line was hooked to my truck at the rear.
the smoke was suffocating and started entering my vents. it was fun though

wcsjunior 03-23-2003 01:20 AM

Originally posted by born2xLr8
I know what you mean, malice29r I'm doing the same thing with my stockies. Hold clutch down, rev to 3000+ rpms and release. Fast turns at sharp corners tends to wear the sides out too.
rev till 3??? rev that shit all the way to 7, pull the e-brake and drop the clutch and keep ur foot on the gas!!! dont release the gas until ur done!!! :D now that is the pimp way to do it!

Gryphin 03-23-2003 01:39 AM

Originally posted by wcsjunior
rev till 3??? rev that shit all the way to 7, pull the e-brake and drop the clutch and keep ur foot on the gas!!! dont release the gas until ur done!!! :D now that is the pimp way to do it!
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!! BIG PIMPIN! ........wait till you get the tranny bill :) nah if you just want to do it once you will be fine:cool:

SoNiCcIvIc 03-23-2003 01:55 AM

Originally posted by ngophat
i did something like that but instead of using the ebrake i just burned going up a large hill. the amount of smoke was crazy but i got pulled over and the cops made fun of me cause i have a honda :(
Can't... stop... laughing...

It's funny cuz I know exactly what they were thinking of.

I've always wanted to try a burnout on a hill. I dunno if I'd be willing to take the humiliation unless I was able to prove to them I had torque but that's out of the question.

THEANTIRICEST 03-23-2003 05:03 PM

go in reverse for a little bit then DONT brake put it in neutral then first and slam on the gas and dump the clutch...

THEANTIRICEST 03-23-2003 05:08 PM

go in reverse for a little bit then DONT brake put it in neutral then first and slam on the gas and dump the clutch...