Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   someone jus got owwwwwnnnneddd ! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/66606-someone-jus-got-owwwwwnnnneddd.html)

platinumx310 12-10-2002 08:39 PM

someone jus got owwwwwnnnneddd !

2:30 a.m. deserted koreatown area...

I see a blackwidowed-out accord coupe 4cyl. (only had one muffler) racing by himself :shake:

Me and my 7th gen. civic caught up to him, and stopped at the red light.

He was lookin and just be revvin at me...i'm like...sh*t...:_please: "why did i buy automatic"

Watevers, let's do it then. I missed out on the green light, so he had about 5sec. start.

But damn, i didn't know mine could beat that car having only cat.back Tanabe.

Caught up with him and i put it on D3 and punched it, and boom! I was gone like a mothaaaaaaa

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

is it me? or are they slower than civics? i think accord has more power than ours ? i felt good....[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

VTECTypeR 12-10-2002 08:41 PM

If u want to rev ur engine with an automatic just put it to neutral real fast and rev it and then put it back to drive.

SSMCiVic47 12-10-2002 08:57 PM

do not do a neutral drop. that is so bad for the motor. the best way to launch is to hold the brake pedal and rev it up and let go of the gas. No the best for the motor but better than the neutral drop.

cosmicjim 12-10-2002 09:15 PM

i doubt he was racing ... 5 second head start and you beat him, i dont think accords are that slow ... think the 6th gen accords had at least 150 hp, even if it was slower, i doubt you can over a 5 sec handicap

Ducatti 12-10-2002 09:25 PM

:_please::_doh:

Boosted2k2 12-10-2002 09:27 PM

I don't think he said anything about dropping it from neutral, just that he missed the light[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Gryphin 12-10-2002 09:29 PM

5 seconds? cant be that long maybe 1

slowasscivic 12-10-2002 09:56 PM

the humanity:shake:

CivicRookie 12-10-2002 10:01 PM

So....did y'all even race? Or was he just taking off like normal and you took off slower...?

dragoon 12-10-2002 10:08 PM

i've beaten 4-cyl accord coupes. my fart can makes more power than theirs. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

XxSoVeReiGNxX 12-10-2002 10:29 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: SSMCiVic47
do not do a neutral drop. that is so bad for the motor. the best way to launch is to hold the brake pedal and rev it up and let go of the gas. No the best for the motor but better than the neutral drop.[hr]
I dont get that. If you're holding the brake, press on the gas and let go of the gas, how is that launching? Even if you let go of the brake afterwards, you only wasted fuel pressing the gas pedal!? Wouldn't you only crawl off the line?? Am I wrong about this? Tell me how it works!

SoNiCcIvIc 12-10-2002 10:34 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: XxSoVeReiGNxX

[hr]Originally posted by: SSMCiVic47
do not do a neutral drop. that is so bad for the motor. the best way to launch is to hold the brake pedal and rev it up and let go of the gas. No the best for the motor but better than the neutral drop.[hr]
I dont get that. If you're holding the brake, press on the gas and let go of the gas, how is that launching? Even if you let go of the brake afterwards, you only wasted fuel pressing the gas pedal!? Wouldn't you only crawl off the line?? Am I wrong about this? Tell me how it works![hr]
Actually the motor is not what suffers the most from the *neutral drop*, it's the transmission.

And actually you're right... holding the brake down and launching is the safest way to lauch but neutral dropping is gonna offer better results.

flotsamm 12-11-2002 10:51 AM

I think what he meant is that you should do braking torquing. What you do is put the tranny in drive, press the brake pedal down and give it gas so the rpms come up. When the light goes green, you take your foot off the brakes and punch the gas. What this does is gets you into the powerband quicker and launch faster. Its kinda like you would do with a manual tranny, but using the brake pedal instead of a clutch. This is how most auto tranny drag racers do it, unless they have a trans-brake. Also this is one ay some guys use to roughly tell what stall their torque converter is. The way you do that is the same as above, but when the brakes start to slip you note down the rpms it did it at. This is why some racers install a high stall torque converter, so they can launch at higher rpms.

DarkCivic 12-11-2002 11:43 AM

I'm calling BS on your story. It's just full of holes.

[hr]2:30 a.m. deserted koreatown area...

I see a blackwidowed-out accord coupe 4cyl. (only had one muffler) [hr]
How many do you have?

[hr] racing by himself [hr]
Um, how would one race by themselves?

[hr]Me and my 7th gen. civic caught up to him, and stopped at the red light.

He was lookin and just be revvin at me...i'm like...sh*t... "why did i buy automatic"[hr]
At this point I'm thinking, "Why did I bother reading this thread?"

[hr] Watevers, let's do it then. I missed out on the green light, so he had about 5sec. start. [hr]
OK- you he was revving, you were racing, and you missed the green light? By 5 seconds? You realize by that point the race would be half over, right?

[hr] But damn, i didn't know mine could beat that car having only cat.back Tanabe.

Caught up with him and i put it on D3 and punched it, and boom! I was gone like a mothaaaaaaa [hr]
jOO gOtZ t3H m4D f45T35T c1V1C p()W4Z 3V4R!!!!1!1!!

[hr] is it me? or are they slower than civics? i think accord has more power than ours ? i felt good.... [hr]
Congradulations. You just had your first ricer fly by. Keep up the good work buddy!

trevor 12-11-2002 02:52 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]......
Dark.....hilarious...[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

aznboysrfr 12-11-2002 04:01 PM

um, are you sure he didn't think he was racing at first then start going normal after 5 seconds because he thought you weren't racing?

LiKEaFeRiO 12-11-2002 05:40 PM

Are you still a student or where do you work?
Im always down there and I've never seen your car before.

EDIT: The Accord should have won. You either he wasnt racing you or you got lucky.

URBASEAREBELONGTOUS 12-11-2002 06:00 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: DarkCivic

Congradulations. You just had your first ricer fly by. Keep up the good work buddy![hr]

http://www.lamer.net/flyby.gif

dood thats kewl!!!:tup::tup:

MangoEX 12-11-2002 07:14 PM

DarkCivic, it's "Congratulations," not "Congradulations". [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

DarkCivic 12-11-2002 07:16 PM

Thanks Teach- now what was the homework assignment again? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

J30A1 12-11-2002 07:29 PM

just cuz the accord has ONE muffler don't mean its a 4banger...

sumama 12-11-2002 07:52 PM

5 second head start? right.... :susp:

amhtown01 12-12-2002 10:49 PM

I dont understand this "pulled it down to D3" thing...after 5 sec. aren't u already on the 3rd gear?:susp:

kenji4861 12-13-2002 09:15 AM

I'm not sure, but it sounds like.... The Accord went ahead of you... the Accord thought you weren't racing since you didn't start up for 5 seconds. Then when you did start up, you just broke the speed limit and went ahead of the Accord.

Does this mean Owned??