Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   A custom turbo for under 1000$...???? Is it possible? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/47557-custom-turbo-under-1000-possible.html)

APS 07-31-2002 10:00 AM

A custom turbo for under 1000$...???? Is it possible?

I posted some ebay things earlier, like a rebuilt garrett T3 turbo for 300 bucks on ebay, so I thought to myself.....and after extensive searching on ebay alone, you could purchase all the parts necessary for a turbo for less than a 1000$. Now of course install would cost more, but if you have the know-how why not give it a try. I think I might just do that.....pictures in like 10 years....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

n00dleboy 07-31-2002 10:03 AM

I doubt it. $1000 maybe for a junkyard wars custom turbo. No warranty tho.

JDog2001CivicEX 07-31-2002 10:06 AM

Hey maybe, just maybe if you buy everything and install we can get that kid that has the custom turbo to actually post his pictures for once!!!!!!!

He might get jealous that you have one though.

injencivic 07-31-2002 10:22 AM

anything is possible but that i seriously doubt, but who knows man!

JDog2001CivicEX 07-31-2002 10:40 AM

Hey injencivic: didn't you used to be Joshsride?

Where do you live at in Knoxville, I have been going back and forth from Chicago and there to do work for Allstate in the Downtown area.
I've been staying off Kingston Pike at a Residence Inn by Courtyard.

We should hook up sometime, I won't have my civic but I will have my rental Lincoln Towncar.

SpeedRicer 07-31-2002 11:29 AM

Yes its possible.

VNlilMAN 07-31-2002 12:18 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: JDog2001CivicEX
Hey maybe, just maybe if you buy everything and install we can get that kid that has the custom turbo to actually post his pictures for once!!!!!!!

He might get jealous that you have one though.[hr]
HE DID POST PICTURES. i saw 3 of them so far. n yes he bought a turbo off ebay and built it himself with the help of his cousin.

Explosivo 07-31-2002 12:40 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: APS
I posted some ebay things earlier, like a rebuilt garrett T3 turbo for 300 bucks on ebay, so I thought to myself.....and after extensive searching on ebay alone, you could purchase all the parts necessary for a turbo for less than a 1000$. Now of course install would cost more, but if you have the know-how why not give it a try. I think I might just do that.....pictures in like 10 years....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
You can refer to my post in your other thread, but I would say you need to "Search". First of all you can't "Buy all of the parts neccessary" because there is going to have be some items custom manufactured with whatever turbo you decide to create. Plus, it's not just a matter of install, but upgrading the engine to handle the kind of psi generated by the turbo...

mattskav 07-31-2002 12:43 PM

personally i think the best way to go about a custom turbo would be to start with the greddy kit for the d15 ($1300) and modify as nessecary.

nytejade 07-31-2002 01:12 PM

APS : You have the ugliest wing in the world on your car man. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] The rest of the car looks good, get a different wing. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

APS 07-31-2002 02:13 PM

[hr]APS : You have the ugliest wing in the world on your car man. The rest of the car looks good, get a different wing. [hr]

Gee.....tell me how you really feel. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

It will soon be gone...hence the "makeover" in my signature.