Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   GolNat's 09 Fit Sport (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/365221-golnats-09-fit-sport.html)

GolNat 09-13-2015 07:18 PM

GolNat's 09 Fit Sport

5 Attachment(s)
So since I never started a "Build" thread for my Civic I am going to start one for the Fit. I have been eying a Fit for some time and finally found the exact one I wanted and the timing was good. The Civic was a great car and I still miss it. The clutch in the the Fit is weird and the seats in the Civic are better then the Fit's (and many other cars I have driven). One thing that the Fit shines in without needing modifications is cornering. This thing sticks to the pavement like a leach and all I did was put my BfG's on it. The versatility is also great because of the magic rear seats. I am starting to see why people love their Fit's so much, it is a great all around car.

Don't have huge plans for it but on the list:

-Coilovers
-Possible spacers on the rear
-strut tower brace
-larger rear sway
-chassis brace
-possible Wilwood BBK
-short shifter
-maybe amp and sub but then it looses it's practicality some
-tint

Pics from when I first bought it:

Attachment 90616

Attachment 90617

I took my HFP wheels off the Civic and put them on the Fit. They compliment the red very nicely (it's almost like I planned it). The TPMS light is on but it has not been bothering me.

Attachment 90618

First on the list is lowering it. I sold the coilover's off of the Civic to help pay for some Fit coilover's. It was a sad day seeing the KW's leave the Civic but they went to a good home in California and will continue to serve their duties well. Another set of KW's would have been great for the Fit but I could not find a used set and they are pricey new. I also kind of wanted to give another brand a try so I decided to go with Tein. I ordered a brand new product from them called the Flex-Z. Same as the standard flex but cheaper because the shocks are not rebuildable they are sealed. If you change spring rates you can order new ones re-valved to match for cheaper then it cost to ship your rebuildable ones to them and pay for labor and return shipping. I think this was a great move on Tein's part to keep people from buying Chinese crap coilovers because the price is inline with those brands. Read more info on Tein's website. They are not installed on the car yet as my free time is very limited at the moment.

Attachment 90619

Attachment 90620

Once lowered and aligned I will post more pics.

xRiCeBoYx 09-13-2015 07:38 PM

Re: GolNat's 09 Fit Sport

Definitely gonna follow this thread. I've been thinking of things to do to my sister's 09 fit sport. I have a morimoto mini h1 retrofit kit waiting for her to send me headlights of drive down here so I can install 'em.

Not gonna lie, that thing is fun to drive

ezone 09-13-2015 07:40 PM

Those wheels look good on it!

drhawkinz 09-13-2015 09:02 PM

sweet looking ride!

mcnoople 09-14-2015 09:57 AM

Why didn't you have your tpms sensors transferred to the new wheels?

Good looking car, I was always amazed at how much better the 2nd gen fit drove with a manual trans compared to the auto cars.

GolNat 09-15-2015 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4693230)
Definitely gonna follow this thread. I've been thinking of things to do to my sister's 09 fit sport. I have a morimoto mini h1 retrofit kit waiting for her to send me headlights of drive down here so I can install 'em.

Not gonna lie, that thing is fun to drive

I have thought about removing my retro from the Civic and putting it in but I want to do other stuff to it first. It is an oversized go-cart!

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4693231)
Those wheels look good on it!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz (Post 4693241)
sweet looking ride!

Thank you. If Honda were to bring back an OEM wheel for the Fit I think the SS7's are the ones.

Originally Posted by mcnoople (Post 4693274)
Why didn't you have your tpms sensors transferred to the new wheels?

Good looking car, I was always amazed at how much better the 2nd gen fit drove with a manual trans compared to the auto cars.

Thank you, I have not driven the any of the other gens but from what I have read it is a good one. The manual trans is where the fun is at!!

I didn't want to pay for the cost of removing the tires off both sets of wheels to swap the sensors. I might eventually get a set for the summer wheels but probably not until I need new tires.

ezone 09-15-2015 08:46 PM

It is an oversized go-cart!
I kept telling my GF this before her Fit was ready but she's never driven a go cart so she didn't "get it" LOL

GolNat 10-20-2015 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4693418)
I kept telling my GF this before her Fit was ready but she's never driven a go cart so she didn't "get it" LOL

Oh man she is missing out. Need to find a go-cart track and let her take one for a spin. I know my wife would think it was fun but I don't think I could get her to drive one.

Prepping for install tomorrow. If all goes well I should have a lowered Fit.

Attachment 114013

GolNat 10-21-2015 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Coilovers installed. Need to level it some and either get ride of the fender liner or raise it up a bit. The tire hits it on dips and when cornering hard.

Attachment 90552

sdaidoji 10-21-2015 08:47 PM

don't worry, the tires will take care of the liner in no time :D :) JK!

It's just that i am upset after a friend showed me 4 tires/wheels 245/35R18 in his fit's trunk (they were for his BMW...) I couldn't fit 4 185/65R15 on the coupe's trunk... just 3...

xRiCeBoYx 10-21-2015 09:19 PM

Good lord, really? Hm... Looks like a hatch will definitely be my next car.

sdaidoji 10-21-2015 09:26 PM

a sedan could fit all stock sized tires...
A CRX can fit 225/50R15, 5 of them... The coupe... not... one went in the passenger seat...

the Fit, well, outside it will fit where the civic does not fit. On the inside, it fits an unnerving amount of stuff that I can only dream of.

Why do you think it was named Fit? :D :)

xRiCeBoYx 10-21-2015 09:46 PM

Because "Jazz" was already taken.. oh, wait...

ezone 10-21-2015 09:59 PM

Gotta make my snowblower run before it gets critical here.

I gotta borrow the Fit I bought for my GF because I don't want to stuff my snowblower into my Civic....and I don't feel like getting my truck out at all.

When I had the Buick I could just open a back door and throw it in the back seat.

xRiCeBoYx 10-21-2015 10:14 PM

Snow... that's the stuff that's (usually) white, right?

ezone 10-21-2015 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4695775)
Snow... that's the stuff that's (usually) white, right?

Usually.......

You can skip to 1:59 for the one part....but the whole thing is classic.

GolNat 10-22-2015 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
^ WTH. Weird song! :lol:

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4695758)

Hatches are great. Once you go hatch, its hard to go back!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji (Post 4695757)
don't worry, the tires will take care of the liner in no time :D :) JK!

It's just that i am upset after a friend showed me 4 tires/wheels 245/35R18 in his fit's trunk (they were for his BMW...) I couldn't fit 4 185/65R15 on the coupe's trunk... just 3...

They are starting to wear the liner a little so I would like to do something ASAP. Yes you can fit a lot in the car but I have limited space with a car seat in the back and I have the privacy thing for the truck so it makes it more difficult to put large items in the back.

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4695771)
Gotta make my snowblower run before it gets critical here.

I gotta borrow the Fit I bought for my GF because I don't want to stuff my snowblower into my Civic....and I don't feel like getting my truck out at all.

When I had the Buick I could just open a back door and throw it in the back seat.

When the seats are folded there is a lot of room back there. I wouldn't want to put a snowblower in the back but its nice knowing that I could if I needed too.

So I don't want to raise the car up anymore because it looks so good at the height it's at and I can get in and out of driveway ok so I think I am just going to camber the front wheels a bit and see if that helps. Looks like it is just hitting on the outside edge and the Civic kit will fit so I will just use that.

Attachment 90537

Attachment 90538

sdaidoji 10-22-2015 07:57 PM

sounds like a plan :)

maxtierney 10-24-2015 03:52 AM

Looks good!

vtec92 10-26-2015 03:38 AM

All looking good man, nice!

GolNat 11-14-2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by maxtierney (Post 4695971)
Looks good!

Originally Posted by vtec92 (Post 4696110)
All looking good man, nice!

Thanks!

I just started working a new job and have not had time to do much with the car except raise it up to keep it from hitting the fender. The camber bolts helped but did not solve the issue. I raised it up a little for now and will commence fender rolling and more lowering in the spring. With the stock wheels I do not think I would have an issue but I really want the HFP wheels to work so I will see what I can do later.

I hope to get some nice shots of it before the weather gets colder.

GolNat 10-03-2016 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow!! Its been a while since I updated this thread.

I have done nothing to car since lowering it. I have been wanting to do more but have been holding off while I am having a house built. My wife, daughter and I are living in an apartment temporarily until the house is done. This past year has been selling our old house, moving and saving money (working overtime). Have not had much time for the Fit but she is still doing great. I will finally have a garage at the new house so I will eager to get working on the car again. I hope to be able to do a little more in the way of welding and fabricating since I will have a place to do it but I need to buy all the necessary tools first.

Anyway, I was able to get a good picture of the Fit and play around with PS some. I didn't even take the winter wheels off this summer so I didn't get to enjoy the suspension to the fullest but it is still fun to drive. I wanted to get a picture of it with the HFP wheels on but they are in a storage unit at the moment and my tools are...somewhere!

Should have gone with a smaller aperture, to get more DOF.

[Attachment 90203

Practicing double exposure technique. First attempt.

Attachment 90204

GolNat 03-13-2018 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally did a little something to the Fit. She has not been getting much attention as other things have come up. Decided to tint the windows. Went with limo tint all the way around. Looks nicer I think, still getting used to driving with it.

Attachment 113337

Next on the list is either a custom sway bar/strut bar or exhaust. Need to use my welder more!

Hey post number 4000!!!

Colin42 03-13-2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4741609)
Finally did a little something to the Fit. She has not been getting much attention as other things have come up. Decided to tint the windows. Went with limo tint all the way around. Looks nicer I think, still getting used to driving with it.

https://i.imgur.com/CgiXizdl.jpg

Next on the list is either a custom sway bar/strut bar or exhaust. Need to use my welder more!

Hey post number 4000!!!

Looks good dude! How's reversing at night?

mac25 03-13-2018 09:17 PM

I like it mate =D

GolNat 03-13-2018 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Colin42 (Post 4741612)
Looks good dude! How's reversing at night?

Thanks. I have not really tried any technical backing up but its going to be tricky. I knew it would be difficult backing up if not impossible without the windows down (since I use my mirrors) but it seemed worth the hassle. If it's a pain then off it comes. I can see upgraded LED backup lights in my future though!

Originally Posted by mac25 (Post 4741615)
I like it mate =D

Thanks, me too lol.

xRiCeBoYx 03-13-2018 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4695758)

That sudden realization when my 2 year and 5 month statement actually came true :lol:

Back in November, I rode in my sister's Fit again. Man, the Gen X Civic hatch has so much more room than the Fit, both in cargo and seating room. That, and I can open my liftgate with the car like a foot away from the wall and still open it up. I'm 97% positive that I can open the hatch with the rear bumper touching the wall if I wanted to

Colin42 03-14-2018 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4741622)
Thanks. I have not really tried any technical backing up but its going to be tricky. I knew it would be difficult backing up if not impossible without the windows down (since I use my mirrors) but it seemed worth the hassle. If it's a pain then off it comes. I can see upgraded LED backup lights in my future though!

That was my one complaint with my gold 05, tint was too dark and made reversing a pain, hopefully the lights solve it :tup:

xRiCeBoYx 03-14-2018 01:41 PM

I'm rocking profile peak 1.0 reverse bulbs from trs. Holy shit they're bright. Almost makes me backup cam switch out of low light mode. Lol

GolNat 03-14-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4741635)
That sudden realization when my 2 year and 5 month statement actually came true :lol:

Back in November, I rode in my sister's Fit again. Man, the Gen X Civic hatch has so much more room than the Fit, both in cargo and seating room. That, and I can open my liftgate with the car like a foot away from the wall and still open it up. I'm 97% positive that I can open the hatch with the rear bumper touching the wall if I wanted to

Lol, you were not kidding about the hatch. Once you go hatch its hard to go back! It is a bigger overall car compared to the Fit but giving the new gen Civic I would probably choose that over new Gen Fit.

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4741653)
I'm rocking profile peak 1.0 reverse bulbs from trs. Holy shit they're bright. Almost makes me backup cam switch out of low light mode. Lol

Lol, sweet I'll check them out. I did some reversing tonight and I could use some brighter lights!!