Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Hello from Dallas, TX (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/34213-hello-dallas-tx.html)

Silver2k1Dood 04-28-2002 05:10 AM

Hello from Dallas, TX

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum...actually, I have been lurking around for a while, trying to get a feel for the site[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I feel like I know some of you already...I'm also kind of a night owl--obviously!

I have, with a lot of help from your experiences, performed some modifications to my coupe...can't wait to be able to post some pics!

Cheers,

Alex B

DRJ 04-28-2002 06:45 AM

Welcome to the site! By the way, it appears that we may be planning a DFW meet sometime soon so keep you eye on the South forum. Happy modding!

WhiteRiceBoi 04-28-2002 10:52 AM

Yo sawp dogg Dallas represent =)

hehe err... I mean Nice to meet ya welcome to tha site

BAK 04-28-2002 12:32 PM

Cool... that's another one representing Dallas. We should get some good numbers for the next meet.

BAK 04-28-2002 09:45 PM

Silver2k1Dood - I just noticed you are rolling on Monsoons and your car is silver. Do you get your car serviced at Lute Riley in Dallas ? If so, you're the reason I got Monsoons on mine. I was up there one day and saw this sweet silver Coupe rolling out of the bay lowered and with Monsoons and thought man.... that's what I'm getting. Sorry if I copied you, but I couldn't resist.

nbpEMCivic 04-28-2002 11:17 PM

LONESTARCIVICS.COM!!!
Yo dude, I'm Phill in Houston, CJ in dallas knows me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I'm sure if we ever get to have a 2nd Texas Meet this summer you'll get to meet me! hahahhaa

AlexLx 04-28-2002 11:43 PM

WELL HELLLLO!! :)

Silver2k1Dood 04-29-2002 12:47 AM

Hi everyone and thanks for the positive responses!

BAK: Yeah man, that might have been me...look at my response to u in Tech Stuff.

A bit of further info on me:

This is the first Japanese car for me; I've always had German cars before: '90 VW Jetta, '89 BMW 325ix AWD (FUN:)), 90 VW Corrado G60 (Loud & fun:)), '92 VW GTI, and up until June of last year, a '96 VW Jetta GLX. I was sold on my silver coupe since I first saw it being unloaded from the truck and driven into the showroom at the dealer--that same day, I returned to buy it!

I'm 31 (funny, I feel 18 still:)), have 3 daughters and am originally from Mexico City, Mexico...came here at the ripe old age of 8[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Anyways, I seem to have less and less time to do what I want, but if you guys let me know ahead of time, I'm down for a meet.
It will be nice to meet other fellow car nuts!

Cheers,

Alex B

juscallmetoyota 04-29-2002 02:33 AM

Sups all, I'm from Dallas too.

Steve*

juscallmetoyota 04-29-2002 02:37 AM

Whoa, you guys must live in the Plano area too. I bought my civic @ Honda cars of McKinney. How about a meet in May?

Steve*

0100010 04-29-2002 03:24 AM

Sounds good to me. I lost my list that had everyones contact info on it a couple months back, so a meet would be good to rebuild the list.

BAK 04-29-2002 12:41 PM

I guess that really was you Silver2k1Dood ! Cool... I guess I owe you a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] then for the Monsoons idea. I'll pay up next meet !

juscallmetoyota 04-29-2002 03:43 PM

What a good day for everyone? Weekday? Weekend? How bout the weekend of May 10-12? You guys pick a day.

Steve*

sKwiD 04-29-2002 06:59 PM

Hey man welcome to the site... This is where I spend most of my time when I'm on the net... DRJ just mentioned a DFW MEET?!?!? Keep me informed guys.. I'm anxious to meeting up with ya'll... IM: CIVICstikated if you ever wanna chat... Good luck to all. :tup:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Silver2k1Dood 04-29-2002 07:39 PM

Sorry guys but I will be in Frisco taking a motorcycle rider course on the weekend of 05/10-12...I think my midlife crisis has hit early 'cause I feel the urge to get a bike and a S2000 roadster:):):)

One thing at a time, though, so I'm starting with the bike. Any other weekend good for you guys?