Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Is it just me or are donut rims UGLY? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/32702-just-me-donut-rims-ugly.html)

MyOtherRideIsBritney 04-17-2002 09:40 PM

Is it just me or are donut rims UGLY?

Yeah...it seems like a lot of Civics (mostly sixth gen and before) are riding on donuts (stock wheels with no wheel covers) which I don't understand. If they are doing it for weight, do the wheel covers add THAT much weight? Cause if not, they are UGGGGGLYY.

Opinions?

MyOtherRideIsBritney
---------------------------

Oops!...I Did It Again
I played with your heart...

Mbow 04-17-2002 09:43 PM

I don't know why one would do that. Maybe someone stole them or something. I don't how much the caps weigh but it couldn't be that much. Seems like some of the earlier civics may have come that way but not sure. Seems like they were silver in color instead of black. I don't know, sometime my memory isn't that good ya know. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

avenger 04-17-2002 10:10 PM

i had a 92 civic w/o covers, lowered... it didnt look too bad

Unstoppable 04-17-2002 10:13 PM

People take off their rims during winter time and slap them back on before summer hits.

Cowboy 04-17-2002 10:24 PM

Most people do it just to be different, but they also say they do it for weight which doesn't make any sense because they are really heavy for 15's

Grifter 04-17-2002 10:31 PM

livin in the city peps steal the stupidest sh*t.. they may have gotten tired of buyin new ones.. an jus took them all off... alot of peps dont buy civics for look... jus for quality

1973 04-17-2002 11:00 PM

from 92-99 all cx h/b and lx sedans/coupes came without any hubcaps, just steel wheels.....in canada anyways......

bhayes82 04-18-2002 01:18 AM

here in minnesota, the newest trend in rice is having 17 or 18" wheels in back, and then the stock wheels sans hubcaps up front.

the only "logical" reasons i can think of are either
a) not having enough money for all 4 rims... lol...
b) since their car is soooo fast they're always showing it off and spinning the tires, and therefore they do that with the cheap stuff so they don't ruin their good tires for showtime.

htowncivicEX 04-18-2002 02:11 AM

Well a lot of guys who go to the track all the time tend to just leave their donuts on the front (drive) wheels. This is usually because the stock steelies are lighter than their bling bling 17" and 18" rims, and presumably because they don't want to screw up their front wheels/rims drag racing all the time.

Of course, I have a strong feeling a lot of guys rolling on front donuts / rear bling have never been to a track in their life. They just want to have that drag race track veteran 'look'.

aZnVoYCe 04-18-2002 02:44 AM

:tdown:

RunawaySoul 04-18-2002 11:04 PM

Scientifically, donuts have 2 times as many pounds of air as regular tires. Actually, if you ever go down the interstate and see a 7th gen from behind, I get the feeling that they used donuts on our cars. Can't wait to get bigger wheel set up! :shake:

Mbow 04-18-2002 11:07 PM

<< Well a lot of guys who go to the track all the time tend to just leave their donuts on the front (drive) wheels. This is usually because the stock steelies are lighter than their bling bling 17" and 18" rims, and presumably because they don't want to screw up their front wheels/rims drag racing all the time.

Of course, I have a strong feeling a lot of guys rolling on front donuts / rear bling have never been to a track in their life. They just want to have that drag race track veteran 'look'.
>>

Now, that is really sad. The stock steelies weighing less than their aftermarket rims! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:shake:

vtexcivic 04-19-2002 04:07 PM

i have donuts on my car.. i took the cover off, i like the way it looks, mainly because im going for a green and blk theme, and im looking into some blk rims. or somewat shade of blk...

Juggaman 04-19-2002 04:41 PM

I think I figured out why people do this. Its to look like they've been at the track "ricing." Its that "rice look." [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:tdown:

sivikchik 04-19-2002 05:03 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

2k1BlackBeautyOwner 04-19-2002 08:33 PM

<< People take off their rims during winter time and slap them back on before summer hits. >>

That makes sense to me.