Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   EG Hatch build up . . . (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/258362-eg-hatch-build-up.html)

greenEX 04-21-2006 11:56 PM

EG Hatch build up . . .

In order to buy my EM2 I had to sell my 94 Civic Si hatch. It had some minor rust and was in a minor accident so I decided to upgrade. Well I graduate college soon, and I have a good job lined up. I'm in the process of getting another hatch from somewhere that has them rust free (FL?). I want to build the car for show, go, sound, blah, blah, blah, but still keep it clean. If you bought an 92-95 Civic Hatch, what would you do to it? Budget is not really a concern here

Cliff Notes: Keeping EM2 as daily driver, Getting an EG Hatch, How would you build one?

LiKEaFeRiO 04-22-2006 02:44 AM

That's like asking you have a STD free hooker and money is not an issue...what would you do to her?
The possibilities are endless!!!

I'd build the car for go and only a little show...it be a waste of an EG to make it a show car.
Living near to the beach = salt = rust.
Depending on location, Florida might be a poor place?

EclecticVISIONS 04-22-2006 08:24 AM

...umm or the best place ever! Florida is like half old people = old people don't drive much = cars are in good condition. also, my grandfather is a prime example, they sell their cars for dirt cheap. The only problem is finding an old fogie who has a car you desire... it's kind of hard to find what you want... unless you have your eye set on a Buick LeSabre, hehe

Cptn. Slow 04-22-2006 08:48 AM

I'd buy a wrecked S2000 and convert the EG to the S2000's drivetrain. Hooray for RWD!!

ajhdragon 04-22-2006 08:58 AM

Built turbo B18 with nitrious
Interga RHD dash conversion
1 Kicker Solo X and amp to go with
Flip out TV, and TV in each headrest
18 inch black deepdish rims with a polished lip
Widebody, CF hood roof and trunk lid.
Full Sparco interior all wrapped in black leather and Red pipeing
Stage 3 Ebiach Suspension Setup
Willwood Brakes front and rear
Paint the Car bright Red

That might win a few shows if money isn't an issue

greenEX 04-22-2006 09:12 AM

My short list of modifications would be either K20 or B18C1 motor. Most likely go with an NA setup with the K20 or turbo with the B18C1. Paint it either White or Red. 205-50-15's wrapping a set of Rota's. All of the JDM goodies like the audio console, gauge cluster, etc. Bride seats in Red. A single sub with an amp that isnt too heavy overall. Carbon Fiber hood, tailgate, spoon style mirrors, and wing. Better brakes, stainless lines. Omnipower full coilovers.

Thats all of the fun stuff, now its on to the hard part. Finding a rust free hatch thats not 1000 miles away from me.

varner88 04-22-2006 09:20 AM

get the buddy club kit and paint it white it looks so hot go to there site

www.buddyclub2.com

Slow Gold 04-22-2006 11:17 AM

Since money seems to be no object to you build it with this sh!t
B20 block, Crank and rods
B16B head
custom pistons
Build the head with toda internals
Greddy emanage
HKS headers
Esprit titanium exhaust