Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Everyone with a computer will appreciate this one (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/25659-everyone-computer-will-appreciate-one.html)

Diznavis 02-25-2002 08:40 PM

Everyone with a computer will appreciate this one

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the Computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating, "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they painted new lines on the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car unless you bought "CarNT," but then you would have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive-but it would only run on five percent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "general protection fault" warning light.

8. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

9. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the antenna.

10. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally Road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

11. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same
manner as the old car.

12. You'd have to press the "start" button to turn the car off!

SuziQ 02-25-2002 08:45 PM

that post is over 2yrs old

silvervtec01 02-25-2002 08:45 PM

i seen that one before...haha, thats a funny one![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Diznavis 02-25-2002 09:08 PM

lol guess im a little slow, first time i saw it. still funny though

NorthernBob 02-25-2002 10:03 PM

It may well be over 2 years old but it's just as pertinent today as then!

Northern Bob

thundercats4ever 02-25-2002 10:06 PM

Still funny.

Dakker 02-25-2002 10:22 PM

hehehe man thats funny and so true!!

WhosYoDadday85 02-25-2002 11:06 PM

Hahahaha[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

FURY 02-25-2002 11:09 PM

hm

i've had my computer on for a month without crashing or rebooting and it runs smooth [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

go XP!

(heh and i don't have to press start to shut down, i press the on button on my computer and it goes through the shut down process by itself [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] )

whiterice 02-26-2002 06:59 AM

hehe, kinda funny. Fury is bragging about his computer not crashing for a month! Mine F#$* up almost everyday but to hear someone say, mine went a whole month, just sounds kinda funny.

KoNkReTeNj 02-26-2002 07:01 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

UncleB 02-26-2002 07:52 AM

our win2k webserver/mailserver has been up for 3 months or so without rebooting. the 2 linux webservers have been up twice as long. gotta love it.

TYPE7RS 02-26-2002 08:01 AM

so true, so true:shake:

but i think it's pretty damn funny though[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:)

R3DF0G 02-26-2002 08:02 AM

<< hm

i've had my computer on for a month without crashing or rebooting and it runs smooth [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

go XP!

(heh and i don't have to press start to shut down, i press the on button on my computer and it goes through the shut down process by itself [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] )
>>

Same here. XP rocks!

anibal 02-26-2002 10:48 AM

Still funny, no matter how it is[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

RSXtypeIvtec 02-26-2002 11:00 AM

haha ive never seen that either....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

WhosYoDadday85 02-26-2002 11:25 PM

I have Win98 still, and I swear this thing has a hidden setup field somewhere where it's set to crash atleast every 2 hours...

Redsands 02-27-2002 09:55 PM

That's why I love my mac!!!
Redsands