Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   I Test Drove The New CSX ( Its The Bomb )!!!! Its No Regular Civic Thats For Sure (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/235851-i-test-drove-new-csx-its-bomb-its-no-regular-civic-thats-sure.html)

_Viper_ 11-22-2005 11:34 PM

I Test Drove The New CSX ( Its The Bomb )!!!! Its No Regular Civic Thats For Sure

Tonite i test drove the Civic and the brand new 06 CSX.
First of all im sad that the states are not getting the Acura CSX. (I think anyways)
I was unimpressed with the new 06 civics power and among other things...

CSX NOW
When i got to the acura showroom and saw the new csx and glanced a the interior with the navi my jaw dropped. It is the nicest and sweetest interior ever. The seats were awsome and the fit and finish were just super. Acura flung me the keys and said go try it out. I wanted a 5 speed but only auto with triptronic was available. Holy shit man I started it and yes sir the K20a3 purred.

(Note I have a 5 year old and im 34 so I need a 4 door)

I took off on regular auto and at about 3000 rpm i floored it ...Holy shit man i was pushed in the seat as the 155 HP engine lit up.. Then at the red light I put it in true triptronic mode. There is an indicator in the dash that tells you the gear you are in.. Also the triptronic is super hot. Its a padle that you have on each side of the stearing wheel like fomula one(Fvucking awsome).
I took off ad turned left and started smoking the tires like crazy i redlined it and shifted into second right before the cut out and it chirped in second (Fvucking great for an auto. the car flew man.. It was sooo great also having the heated leather seats. It came with 6 cd mp3 350 watt system....

All I can say about the handling is that honda did not lie stock for stock this car outhandles my 2005 Si (EX) 4 door and the dash is just great for visibility...

when i got back in my 05 it felt ancient and just out of date... The throttle by wire is said to be super great when coupled with a standard tranny... Honda states.. Its far easier to learn how to drive stick with throtle by wire than regular cable wire why???? because the engine will correct if you let the clutch out and you dont give enough gas( so less bungled starts for begginer stick drivers...)

Yes the outside isnt the best but just looking at the whole damn package is just amazing..

Common think of family vehicle here for whoever is 30 over , man this car kicks ass period...

its 28000 MRSP canadian funds.. and it come with side curtain airbags ad HID lighting, auto air climate controls, outside temp reader factory alarm trunk realease 4 wheel disk auto shut off headlights dual tip sweet looking exhaust and an interior that holds up to nothing ive ever seen exept lexus class...

The 2006 civic sucks conpared to the CSX period......

OK im waiting on scatman to do this:tdown: :lol:

But hey Im canadian and acura has made a fvucking great car period plus the factory warranty is hella better than honda..

Just think the k20a3 in a 4 door sedan ..
thats great thinking period for a family sedan..

Viper out

Flammers will get the strap on:giggle: :giggle:

dre2600 11-22-2005 11:41 PM

I've heard that the "F1-style" tiptronic on it is pretty hot, I just saw my first add for it today when I was going throug my morning paper, looks like a pretty nice ride, I think they finally differentiated the EL a bit from the 4-door Civic.

_Viper_ 11-22-2005 11:42 PM

Its soooo great man i loved every minute of i still would get a 5 speed to fully embrace that engine

nick95673 11-22-2005 11:45 PM

so i can go up there and buy it for 23,855 with a done swap, navi, new leather and paddle shifters vs. a new 06 ex with an automatic and navi for 20,560. thats so worth going to canada for the weekend.

_Viper_ 11-22-2005 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by nick95673
so i can go up there and buy it for 23,855 with a done swap, navi, new leather and paddle shifters vs. a new 06 ex with an automatic and navi for 20,560. thats so worth going to canada for the weekend.

There is absolutely nothing bad that i can say , yes it costs more but holy shit, its alot more car pperiod!!!!

Yoyoio 11-23-2005 01:10 AM

isn't the new civic platform and csx are using a differen't engine?

TemjinX2 11-23-2005 05:07 AM

why not shell out like 4k more and get a tsx? Seems like a toned down tsx to me.

Al Gore FTW 11-23-2005 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
why not shell out like 4k more and get a tsx? Seems like a toned down tsx to me.

:tup: but he is talking canadian funds....

TemjinX2 11-23-2005 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by mandangalo
:tup: but he is talking canadian funds....

i did the conversoin its 24k US. You can buy a tsx for around 28k.

Thats probably why the csx isn't offered in the US. Most people would probably just get a tsx if there that close in price. I think if priced it at like 20-22k with the navi it would be a better buy.

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 06:39 AM

:)

Thats probably why the csx isn't offered in the US. Most people would probably just get a tsx if there that close in price. I think if priced it at like 20-22k with the navi it would be a better buy.

See thats where Honda hit the bullzeye, a TSX is a nice car but in canada and im sure the US will agree, Many 30's to 40's women just like the feeel and the fact that the CSX or new EL if you will is just a nice cozy place to be in.. Why go to a tsx for like you say for 4 grand more, Its 28000 now cuz it just came out but give it a year and those puppies will come down in price.....

Also insurance is less

Last night no one even looked at the TSX cuz it looked out of place, wait and see the new tsx will be updated to fit this new segment.

anyhow there was alot of people gawking.. Ill take some pics tonite and post the complete package, im actually going to test drive a 5 speed tonite also...:)

runner1738 11-23-2005 10:52 AM

how do you not have pictures of this

CivicsRdBest 11-23-2005 10:55 AM

Damn you. I wish I were Canadian so I could buy this car and then come back...

runner1738 11-23-2005 10:57 AM

i see a mugen conversion coming, actually thats pretty fing sweet, first time i saw it, so why does everyone but the us not get this car, but seriously now they better make a si sedan, then i will be happy

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by runner1738
how do you not have pictures of this

No Catwoman will not be taking any nekkid pics in the new CSX :giggle:

Ill be taking pics tonite when i get to Camco Acura.
A black 5 speed will be waiting...

Hey I know it isn't the fastest car out there but it just is a blast to drive. The dash is so neat and honestly you dont even lower your eyes to see the speed its like right there with the temp and gas....

I might just have her lick the leather seats
Believe you me this car is growing on me alot....

I might just have her lick the leather seats:rofl:

R1Style 11-23-2005 11:29 AM

So are you gonna buy one Marc?

AlpineCivic 11-23-2005 11:39 AM

I just saw pics of the CSX and the interior looks the same as the 06 Civic's.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000360067843/

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
I just saw pics of the CSX and the interior looks the same as the 06 Civic's.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000360067843/

Different (Yes) The Same (No)

I drove both in two hours difference.

Climate controls are fully automatic instead of the nobs...
Different illumination
Leather wrapped steering wheel.
where you open the sunroof there is the auto climate sensor...
Padles for triptronic:) :) :) a la Jaques Villeneuve

among a few different things :) :)

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by R1Style
So are you gonna buy one Marc?

Well put t this way , they just came out so no way the deals suck!!!! I have an 05 that is like new and they want to give me $16500 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah like im gonna bend down and take it in the butt for them ... NO WAY!!!

Im just stating that yeah probably after next summer...id get one

EL-Sport 11-23-2005 12:20 PM

I attended a local dealer's unveiling of the CSX last night and was also very impressed with it. While I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet, I must say I was impressed with styling of the car, the fit and finish (the leather seems alot nicer than that in my current EL), and features available. When I have the time, I will definitely be going in for a test drive, and who knows I might even get rid of my EL for CSX. :tup:

BTW, for some more pics and info see here: http://forums.clubel.ca/showthread.php?t=16756

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 12:40 PM

Holy Moly EL Rep 4 you for the pics man

sweeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttnessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss

Look at the HPF wheels with the acura center caps.. oh and the mirrors have turn signals (fvucking shwingggggggggggggggggggggg)
i just shit myself

CivicSF 11-23-2005 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by _Viper_
Its soooo great man i loved every minute of i still would get a 5 speed to fully embrace that engine

i think the 5 speed would add fun factor by keepin your legs and arms movin around, but if you're able to chirp into second or third gear with the tiptronic then i think you could run as fast if not faster lap times with the tiptronic. its DAMN hard to clutch shift faster than a solid condition tiptronic which is the exact reason they developed it: reduce shift times resulting in more time on the throttle thus faster. i drool for a tiptronic 5-6 speed that could plant onto a k30a2 for my 05 vic maybe i can get one of those cars wrecked next year and grab the innards...

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by CivicSF
i think the 5 speed would add fun factor by keepin your legs and arms movin around, but if you're able to chirp into second or third gear with the tiptronic then i think you could run as fast if not faster lap times with the tiptronic. its DAMN hard to clutch shift faster than a solid condition tiptronic which is the exact reason they developed it: reduce shift times resulting in more time on the throttle thus faster. i drool for a tiptronic 5-6 speed that could plant onto a k30a2 for my 05 vic maybe i can get one of those cars wrecked next year and grab the innards...

Our vics when i try to play trip tronic with my auto it just sucks lollllll

This CSX was like kaboom all the way to red line in first and right before it cut out I tripped it into second and my GF was like holy christ youll break it lolllll...

:lol: :lol:

runner1738 11-23-2005 01:13 PM

No Catwoman will not be taking any nekkid pics in the new CSX :giggle:

Ill be taking pics tonite when i get to Camco Acura.
A black 5 speed will be waiting...

Hey I know it isn't the fastest car out there but it just is a blast to drive. The dash is so neat and honestly you dont even lower your eyes to see the speed its like right there with the temp and gas....

I might just have her lick the leather seats
Believe you me this car is growing on me alot....

I might just have her lick the leather seats:rofl:

i was not asking for those kind exact;y, even though i would not mind ;), but i have only heard the csx by name, but when i saw pictures i was like stunned i guess its the front end differnece or something, but it looks sweet to me

jknudsen 11-23-2005 01:44 PM

I find it interesting that they decided to use the k20A3 on this car...

_Viper_ 11-23-2005 01:46 PM

:rofl:

Originally Posted by jknudsen
I find it interesting that they decided to use the k20A3 on this car...

What would be even more interesting is seing someone like your avatar test drive one:rofl: :lol: :lol:

But yeah imagine if the come out with the CSX sport with the 193Hp engine ..
Hey with this car out now its almost possible for sure

runner1738 11-23-2005 01:49 PM

its a 155 k series engine so all the same rules apply, change out the internals to the k20a3 and add a supercharger and your set

TemjinX2 11-23-2005 02:25 PM

:)

See thats where Honda hit the bullzeye, a TSX is a nice car but in canada and im sure the US will agree, Many 30's to 40's women just like the feeel and the fact that the CSX or new EL if you will is just a nice cozy place to be in.. Why go to a tsx for like you say for 4 grand more, Its 28000 now cuz it just came out but give it a year and those puppies will come down in price.....

Also insurance is less

Last night no one even looked at the TSX cuz it looked out of place, wait and see the new tsx will be updated to fit this new segment.

anyhow there was alot of people gawking.. Ill take some pics tonite and post the complete package, im actually going to test drive a 5 speed tonite also...:)

yeah if the price is lower i agree it would be a good deal. Then again you candian buyers are completely different from US, so i'm sure its a great car for the candian market, probably competiting very close to a fully loaded mazda 3. Insurance i think would be relatively the same since there both acura, 4dr and relatively same hp. I know the insurance difference between my 04 civic coupe and a TypeS is like an extra $20 a month.

AlpineCivic 11-23-2005 02:45 PM

Different (Yes) The Same (No)

I drove both in two hours difference.

Climate controls are fully automatic instead of the nobs...
Different illumination
Leather wrapped steering wheel.
where you open the sunroof there is the auto climate sensor...
Padles for triptronic:) :) :) a la Jaques Villeneuve

among a few different things :) :)

Small differences but yet make it a very nice car, the HID's and the auto climate controls are great!

orion_squall 11-23-2005 03:18 PM

Hi,

The non-leather version is probably cheaper, so making the 20-22k range

TemjinX2 11-23-2005 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by orion_squall
Hi,

The non-leather version is probably cheaper, so making the 20-22k range

You can get a mazda 3 with leather, hids and navi for 21k with the 160hp.

I just think the cars overpriced for what your getting.