Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   It is just me or does the Toyota Matrix looks like the new 2002 Civic Hachback? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/22112-just-me-does-toyota-matrix-looks-like-new-2002-civic-hachback.html)

Dreamercivic 01-29-2002 07:34 PM

It is just me or does the Toyota Matrix looks like the new 2003 hachback civic?

if u look at the matrix, and the new civic hachback coming out later on they look a lot alike

SAME:
same place in the shift stick
both look like semi minivans
both around the same price

Different:
1.8L on matrix vs 2.0L on civic
has AWD vs FWD
matrix XRS has 180 on a 1.8L vs 160hp on a 2.0L (which doesn't make sense to me why honda would have such a low hp)

any comment pleae feel free to add...I know I didn't put in everything...I just thought about it when I was looking at the matrix

RexWatson 01-29-2002 07:47 PM

you should contact your local congressman.

nbpEMCivic 01-29-2002 07:47 PM

eh I think ur alone buddy...Matrix is my desktop background right now...its a wagon....

swmrsharon 01-29-2002 07:58 PM

I don't care if it's a wagon or not cause it's uuuuglyyy[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

Booohahaha 01-29-2002 08:01 PM

sorrie the matrix doesnt come with ALL WHEEL drive at 180 horse power!!!
cuz i ask a friend of mine and shes getting it. but its only FWD and they dont look the same soorrie
u must be dreaming!!!!!!:shake::shake::shake:

Voiceofid 01-29-2002 08:03 PM

plus, remember it's the i-vtec, and if they cna crank out 200 for the type-s, what make you think u can't make around 180 with a few bolt on?

JoeB16 01-29-2002 08:31 PM

does this mean that both the matrix anf the Si HB look like a focus? or was it a deformed oddessey?

2Hondaz 01-29-2002 09:18 PM

The Matrix is a wagon, SUV, sports compact, sedan, etc. etc. Toyota designed this car to target the youth, but to also meet a wide variety of needs. They've done an awesome job at building this car, and I think people will be surprised when they finally arrive. I work for toyota and I can tell you this is one smooth ride....You get 16" wheels standard and can upgrade to 17's. As for the engine, it's the same engine that's in the Celica's (GT and GTS) and if I'm not mistaken the AWD is available in the 180hp version. We just had our first training class on the Matrix about a week ago, and I'm telling you, this thing is gonna rock.

JoeB16 01-29-2002 09:22 PM

you are mistaken. the AWD version is NOT available with the 180 BHP GT-S engine. thats only available in FWD. Also the gearing for the matrix is longer, making it fall out of VVTL-i on most upshifts, especially since that a problem with the GT-S shorter gears. Then you also can combine that fact that the matrix is going to weigh in at over 3K lbs, versus the GT-S 2750. Thanks but no thanks.

BTE the new SI HB is a POS too. 2800Lbs out of a HATCH and its still got 160Bhp? feh.