Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/20582-paint-job.html)

CiViCsIkNeSs 01-08-2002 01:17 AM

PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought my Civic in September of 2001 for a good price but tha thing wuz, that they didnt have any more black 5spd. Ex's! i didnt want an LX and i didnt want an auto tranny! so i settled for a green 5spd. Ex! but now i wanna paint my car black and wuz wondering if you guyz could drop me some info. on prices for a paint job! juss a descent paint job ! not too cheesy though ! thanx peeps !

NitehawkVTEC 01-08-2002 01:19 AM

Don't paint it black! Paint it something cool like Electron Blue Pearl. or even yellow and get a Carbon Fiber hood. Then agian it's your car. Just my thoughts. And I have a NBP Coupe. Shows Swirls, Dents, Scratches, and Dirt. More so than any other color.

CiViCsIkNeSs 01-08-2002 01:25 AM

well i've alwayz wanted a cherry black with white interior and red stitching on tha seats ! but for my 2k1 i wanna go black with black and yellow interior and yellow neon underbody lights ! but i wontbe sure about what color ill end up with until it comes dow to painting and im in tha shop ! so.....
but thanx for tha advice ! definetely keep that in mind !:tup:

WhosYoDadday85 01-08-2002 01:27 AM

Blue will show just as many swirls, dents, chips, etc. but they won't be at noticeable as on a black car. I say still paint it the electron blue...that color is S-L-A-M-M-I-N'!!!!!:tup:

Unleaded 01-08-2002 01:27 AM

Yup, if you gonna get a paint job go with something unique. I like the SI electron blue myself or that blue/purple pearl in the Integras. Expect to put down at least a couple of G's for a good job, that is with good prep work and painted inside out.

TopFuel 01-08-2002 01:31 AM

<< Shows Swirls, Dents, Scratches, and Dirt. More so than any other color. >>

experienced that already :eek: unbelivable...so many scratches and swirls...

NeoMagus 01-08-2002 01:32 AM

Hey whats wrong with CGP??? Not many modded ones rollin round I'll tell ya that much from experience

Electron Blue- Played out, but would definatly look good on a 2k1. Expect to plunk down at least a G, maybe 2 on the paint job tho.

TopFuel 01-08-2002 01:34 AM

oh yah about the prices...if you do it yourself like one of mah hommies did...it'll save yourself a lot of money but then your car is gonna be out for 3 weeks or so. You get what you pay for is what is always said. Unless you get hookups from friends and stuff. I think i can get a paint job for about 850$ any color but then i'm not too sure on the details cause this is through my friend's uncle who i've never talked to, but thats the price my friend told me. If you want i can look into it for you but i'm in so cali...

Voiceofid 01-08-2002 01:37 AM

yes, everytime i was my black civic.. dents and marks appear out of no where, you cna see all imperfections on a blakc car from billion miles away

pimpdakota 01-08-2002 01:48 AM

paint the car all white! Then get a big ford sticker and put it on before they clear coat it! Thatll be sick! Actually i work at a bodyshop here in seattle and our paint jobs start at 4200.00 for same color refinishing and much higher for color change! Because we pull motor and paint jambs and firewall and under hood and all the little spaces behind bumpers and core supports and the entire engine bay! Too much work! I would just have a $hit load of pearl dumped into a new same color base coat and maybe some cool scallops or ghost flames hosed on then have them put like 3 coats of glaserite clear so you can wet sand it flat with no orange peal in the clear ! Just like a show car should! But there are many more things you could spend your money on beside messing up a perfectly good paint job from the factory! just my thoughts, dakota!

LexBoy 01-08-2002 08:05 AM

nah dont get a black color, if you want get a greener color like the car from fast and the furious the one with the eclipse

LOWBOY 01-08-2002 08:59 AM

Just go to Maaco paint service. 399.00. j/k[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

bobbyd 01-08-2002 10:12 AM

Well, changing the color is always a b!tch cause the painter has a lot more labor with painting door jambs, under the hood and trunk, and all of those little tiny areas. Also, if you do this and want to cut back cost they are going to just tape everything which is not good. The best way to paint is to take everything off, like: door handles, bumpers, light assemblies, emblems, mouldings, side views, and so on and so on. I would just keep the green for now. Good luck with whatever you do though.

Blk01Cpe 01-08-2002 11:18 AM

dont get black...i regret it sooo much! Looks awesome when its clean but shows absolutely everything!!!

1973 01-08-2002 03:26 PM

paint it black.....every car looks like sh*t when it's dirty, but black cars look the best when they're clean......electron blue is not original it was offered not only on the si/sir, but on the 2000 se models, i see that color everywhere.....it's not about being different or original, it's about doing what you like, and black cars rock[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

FiresVTEC 01-08-2002 04:30 PM

<< Don't paint it black! Paint it something cool like Electron Blue Pearl. or even yellow and get a Carbon Fiber hood. Then agian it's your car. Just my thoughts. And I have a NBP Coupe. Shows Swirls, Dents, Scratches, and Dirt. More so than any other color. >>

i fully agree with the above. once i get out of this bad weather town, im going to paint my car electron blue pearl. but if you really want a black paint job i would suggest you go to a well known COLLISION SHOP. i went macco once for a jeep that i had, i wasnt too impressed with the job that they did. around here i have caruba collision and carstar. both very good places...but i dont know if they are nation wide or not.

civicman10 01-08-2002 06:45 PM

can someone show me an electron blue car? i wanna see what that looks like

NitehawkVTEC 01-08-2002 06:53 PM

It's the trademark color of the Si/SiR (99 and 2000). I'll look around for you in a second.

NitehawkVTEC 01-08-2002 08:46 PM

http://media5.motorcities.com/00GAE090202882B.jpeg
http://media5.motorcities.com/00GAE090202882C.jpeg
http://media5.motorcities.com/00GAE090202882I.jpeg

here ya go. plenty o pics of a nice Electron Blue Pearl Si.

CiViCsIkNeSs 01-08-2002 09:41 PM

hey, thanx guyz!!!!!!!!!! appreciate all tha replies! you guyz are tha s**t ! well i got a lot of good suggestions ! hey pimp dakota thanx for tha info !

<< I would just have a $hit load of pearl dumped into a new same color base coat and maybe some cool scallops or ghost flames hosed on then have them put like 3 coats of glaserite clear so you can wet sand it flat with no orange peal in the clear >>

if i do get a paint job, then this juss convinced me to do something like this ! i guess a custom paint job would be tight ! well we'll see what happens ! i'll keep you guyz posted on whatever decisions that i make! probably will be a while bfore i get this paint job though ![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] ! too expensive for rite now! rather put 2 g's into a turbo when it comes out! well thanx !:tup::tup::tup::tup:

vtexcivic 01-19-2002 05:28 AM

mang, dont get black get something like..... Kameleon,championship white pearl (on integra type-r),cherry red,custom paint white with blue pearls, silver with blue pearls, white w/green pearls,blue w/chrome pearl i think.. titanium, gunmetal or charcoal gray metallic.. (on IS300)

slam2k1civic 01-19-2002 09:52 AM

i would painted candy green but thats me

CoupeStylz 01-19-2002 11:09 AM

Paint it yellow. Electron blue is a beautiful color though.

NeoMagus 01-19-2002 11:12 AM

dam that car is hot but im [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] on those altezzas