Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Beige Interior (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/20315-beige-interior.html)

AzNmiKex215 01-05-2002 11:03 PM

Beige Interior

sup.. i gotta EBP civic which only comes with Beige Interior.. i painted some of the stuff blue.. Vents, Radio, Center Console... it looks kool and all and i havent had any problems with it..

but now i wanna change it all to white.. becuase im thinkin of puttin black light in my car.. so that the white glows blueish..

my question: wuts the best way to go about repainting the parts? use paint thinner to remove exisiting paint? just paint over it? and will all shades of white, light up under black light?

Thx
--Mike

insan 01-06-2002 12:12 AM

soke them in paint thinner

WhosYoDadday85 01-06-2002 12:54 AM

Try and use a mix of a little water, and paint thinner first, and soak it or somethin...straight paint thinner might warp the plasitc and that's the last thing you want! If you want your whole dash white, I suggest you get it prof. painted...you'll probably run into probs if you do it yourself unless you go and get some quality paint. I don't think Walmart paint will cut it though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

VTECnique 01-06-2002 02:20 AM

If none of that works, just but new pieces. If you did the small stuff only it won't be that much. When you paint (or repaint) use the foliatec paint. Use the paint and the primer, but you can clean the pieces with some rubbing alcohol and water. I have an Eternal Blue Civic, and I want to paint the dark tan pieces dk. blue and the light pieces lt. blue.

Also, when toy get to removing the dash,let me know...

LexBoy 01-06-2002 08:46 AM

paint thinner that's the best

KurupTLX 01-06-2002 08:55 AM

Hmmmm i have dark grey interior in my EBP civic...

K-lx

EvilTwin 01-06-2002 11:27 AM

<------ EBP...beige interior...right here, right now.

If it were me I'd buy new parts, but that could get pretty expensive. To replace all the interior parts is going to run you over $200. I should know....I replaced them all. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

AlphaInfinity 01-06-2002 12:15 PM

beige is so hard to work with....Im completely lost on what I should do to my interior. Right now I only feel safe in terms of colors with silver.

SpdRcrChk 01-06-2002 12:27 PM

Actually beige is not that hard to work with if you think about it. For example...my bathroom (tile and stuff) is beige. It's perfect because I can match pretty much any color to it, except beige itself because that would be TOO much beige...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] With the beige interior you can always color match pieces to the exterior color of your car or go with the universal silver, black, or even white. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] You just gotta get creative. If you choose one color or style...you just gotta make sure you are consistent with it throughout your ride. For example, dont get Orange engine bay dress up if your car Is red with tan interior, etc. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Good example would be...balck car, black interior, silver trim pieces, and silver or gunmetal rims....:tup: OR Black car, black interior...gunmetal or black rims with polished lip and silver trim pieces....OR...Black car, black interior, WHITE rims...White and black leather/vynil and white trim pieces. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] There are alot of combinations, it's whatever you feel more comfortable with. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

EvilTwin 01-06-2002 01:21 PM

Question to SpdRcrChk:

A) You must like those smiley winkie things huh? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
B) I take it you have a preference to the color black? Yeah...black and white looks sweet together...so do blue and white...and blue exterior and beige interior. :tup:

AzNmiKex215 01-06-2002 06:34 PM

now that i think about it.. ill just keep it blue.. becuase white will be hard to do perfectly.. i have dark blue and its hard to see the imperfections in my paintint.. but if i did white.. everything will show..

but thx for the tipz anyway..:)

ok so im keeping it blue.. wut kinda seats could i get? .. i dont think they make beige/blue leather seats..

WhosYoDadday85 01-06-2002 08:16 PM

SpdRcrChk: That's offence number 763...User has exceeded the maximum ammount of smilies in one post. Hehe...LOL![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

CiviCKiD 01-06-2002 09:37 PM

Get a custom sports leather interior
Or get some Sparcos

Dakker 01-07-2002 04:18 AM

<< SpdRcrChk: That's offence number 763...User has exceeded the maximum ammount of smilies in one post. Hehe...LOL![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] >>

hehehe

SpdRcrChk 01-07-2002 08:54 AM

<< Question to SpdRcrChk:

A) You must like those smiley winkie things huh? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
B) I take it you have a preference to the color black? Yeah...black and white looks sweet together...so do blue and white...and blue exterior and beige interior. :tup:
>>

LOL Yeah i guess I kinda got carried away. I dunno, force of habit. LoL [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

hehe...And No Black is not my Favorite, I was just using it as an example of how many different combinations can be made from one or two colors. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

HondaChic 01-07-2002 12:07 PM

<< Black car, black interior, WHITE rims...White and black leather/vynil and white trim pieces >>

Thats what im going to do.......eek i have this fearful thought that my car may end up looking like a moo cow [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]...oh welps

TopFuel 01-07-2002 01:36 PM

OMG you lucky....friggin hell i wanted the EBP but it only came with beige interior in the US. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] So i ended up choosing the NBP...