Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Side Mirrors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/193636-side-mirrors.html)

Alphax 01-24-2005 01:02 PM

Side Mirrors

This has been an ongoing thought in my head but I thought id get you guys' opinions. Is it just me or are the side mirrors on the 7thgen civic sorry...? :_disgust: No matter how much I adjust it I can never really see that good and the blind spot is horrible in my coupe. I'll look at my mirror glance over and still cut people off occasionally. Let me know if anyone else has this problem. Maybe its just the 04/05 civic coupe's the way they placed them or the size of the mirror. Who knows maybe it's just me lets find out. :shrug:

TeLLy 01-24-2005 01:23 PM

My sedan mirrors are just fine for visibility. And they're heated! Yay heat!

boombazokajoe91 01-24-2005 01:46 PM

mine are ok in the 03 coupe...

fuzzylogic426 01-24-2005 01:50 PM

maybe you can get those little round mirrors that stick onto the side mirror. know what im talking about? they cost like 2 bux or something. my friend told me that it eliminates the blind spots. i dont know about that, because i dont have em. but people who have them say its worth it

xgimmick 01-24-2005 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
maybe you can get those little round mirrors that stick onto the side mirror. know what im talking about? they cost like 2 bux or something. my friend told me that it eliminates the blind spots. i dont know about that, because i dont have em. but people who have them say its worth it

yeah i got em, take a little getting used to but they work great. at night they dont really work though

Alphax 01-24-2005 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426

Yah those work well but I could'nt put those on and not think about my grandpa's buick. :hgrin:

i8dabomb 01-24-2005 02:13 PM

those round things are for trucks! just learn how to drive while moving and turning around...

Blahman2 01-24-2005 02:14 PM

Turning your head works pretty well. :p

Alphax 01-24-2005 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blahman2
Turning your head works pretty well. :p

:clap:

Like I said I do... Just not enough sometimes. You know when your coming up on someone fast there is'nt always enough time to turn into the back seat.

CaliDohBoy 01-24-2005 02:30 PM

Uh... I think it's just you buddy. I have my mirrors in my 02 EX Sedan set to where most of the time I don't have to turn my head. Blind spot is very minimal.

Here's what you should do...
Adjust your mirrors so that you don't see your car in them at all. Set the up/down so that the road edge hits the middle of the side of the mirror.

I have checked this while driving. You can see the car come up in the rear view and then it starts to appear in your side mirror and you've never lost sight of the car.

DrOpPeD2k2CiViC 01-24-2005 02:31 PM

My mirrors work just as good as any other cars

ty.barrack 01-24-2005 02:52 PM

I have a 2004 coupe, and I know what you're saying the blind spot to the left rear is a real pain in the tail. there have been numerous times when I was going to switch to the left lane, checked mirror, looked out back quarter window, no car, and all of the sudden there's a car right there. It doesn't help that my back three windows are limo black, but yea they changed the top of the car for 04 05 the windshiled is raked back further, and the back window is tilted further forward. smaller quarter windows than previous models.

qfinger 01-24-2005 02:54 PM

I have excellent coverage on my 05 Sedan from the outside mirrors.

winnerpl 01-24-2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by DrOpPeD2k2CiViC
My mirrors work just as good as any other cars

Yup. No complaints about the mirrors.

Alphax 01-24-2005 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ty.barrack
I have a 2004 coupe, and I know what you're saying the blind spot to the left rear is a real pain in the tail. there have been numerous times when I was going to switch to the left lane, checked mirror, looked out back quarter window, no car, and all of the sudden there's a car right there. It doesn't help that my back three windows are limo black, but yea they changed the top of the car for 04 05 the windshiled is raked back further, and the back window is tilted further forward. smaller quarter windows than previous models.

SEE!!! I knew I wasn't crazy!

Originally Posted by qfinger
I have excellent coverage on my 05 Sedan from the outside mirrors.

Visibility in a sedan and coupe are totally different. My windows are 35% but I can see fine out of them its just the pillar and the way the corner glass is I guess. This happens mostly when I'm merging into traffic on the highway I'll be looking in my rearview check the side and glance over... good to go blinker and all the way to lane 1 HONK!!!!!!!! oh well you were too slow anways.

savedadogs 01-24-2005 06:33 PM

I have a 2004 coupe ex and I do not experience this problem...I use my rear and my left mirror when I change lanes...if you follow these instructions you will eliminate your blind spots: http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...ors/step1.html

shocks 01-24-2005 06:33 PM

I used to worry about my blindspot a bit, than I adjusted them like CaliDohBoy and savedadogs. Works a little better for me after getting used to it.

Alphax 01-25-2005 09:39 AM

Let me re-adjust one more time then and see. Thanks for the input guys

Changu-San 01-25-2005 09:51 AM

i have an 03 coupe and mine works fine

orion_squall 01-25-2005 10:13 AM

solution

Originally Posted by Alphax
This has been an ongoing thought in my head but I thought id get you guys' opinions. Is it just me or are the side mirrors on the 7thgen civic sorry...? :_disgust: No matter how much I adjust it I can never really see that good and the blind spot is horrible in my coupe. I'll look at my mirror glance over and still cut people off occasionally. Let me know if anyone else has this problem. Maybe its just the 04/05 civic coupe's the way they placed them or the size of the mirror. Who knows maybe it's just me lets find out. :shrug:

you can get a larger center mirror, like the 22mm ones.