Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Wow check out this email I got (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/192967-wow-check-out-email-i-got.html)

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 12:51 PM

Wow check out this email I got

look at this amazing email I just got from a family member....

-----------------------------

Hey XXXXXXXX,

just thought you might like to see this email I just got back from GM.

--
Hello xxxxxx,

In response to our conversation of today, this is to inform you that your order for one of the new C6 ZO6 Corvette's is acknowledged and it will be among the first of the orders to be placed at the factory as soon as it starts to accept them.

Further there is a $1,000.00 deposit which you put on this vehicle which will be deducted from the after tax total at time of delivery.

I will let you know when the factory has accepted your order.

Best regards,

Michael J. Copenhaver
GM BuyPower Manager
Cauley Chevrolet Inc.
West Bloomfield, Mi

WOW.... I cannot wait to take that for a spin.

hotrodcivic2004 01-20-2005 01:05 PM

ok..........congrats on the purchase?

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by slvrcivic
look at this amazing email I just got from a family member....

you didn't read my post. It's not MY car. A family member sent me the FWD of his letter from the dealer.

QBoi 01-20-2005 01:19 PM

Very nice! My friend's brother bought an 88 corvette and he is fixing the entire thing up. Should be done by may, so i hope i get to drive it :o

CivicsRdBest 01-20-2005 03:25 PM

Take pix and tell us if it is a Ferrari/Viper beater. Since that msg was forwarded to you, I'd assume he/she knows you like cars and will share the experience.

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 04:06 PM

will do..... and yes. I'm really close to him, so he'll be happy to give some "test drive" time out to me. He's a big corvette guy.

pbfoot 01-20-2005 05:30 PM

very cool.

i got this letter in my email the other day:

Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

In response to our conversation of today, this is to inform you that your order for the soon to be released Ferrari Superamerica is acknowledged and it will be among the first of the orders to be placed at the factory as soon as it starts to accept them. We are pleased that you have chosen Ferrari, and to show our appreciation you are coridally invited to participate in our owner's racing series at the historic circuit of Mugello near Florence.

Furthermore there is a $50,000.00 deposit which you put on this vehicle which will be deducted from the after tax total at time of delivery.

Best regards,

Amadeo Felisa
Vice Director General - Granturismo Department
Ferrari World Cars
Maranello, Italy

xX03EXx 01-20-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by PbFoot
very cool.

i got this letter in my email the other day:

Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

In response to our conversation of today, this is to inform you that your order for the soon to be released Ferrari Superamerica is acknowledged and it will be among the first of the orders to be placed at the factory as soon as it starts to accept them. We are pleased that you have chosen Ferrari, and to show our appreciation you are coridally invited to participate in our owner's racing series at the historic circuit of Mugello near Florence.

Furthermore there is a $50,000.00 deposit which you put on this vehicle which will be deducted from the after tax total at time of delivery.

Best regards,

Amadeo Felisa
Vice Director General - Granturismo Department
Ferrari World Cars
Maranello, Italy

Hmm, I got 5 of those emails...

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 07:24 PM

you can call BS if you want. lets just say he lives next door to the guy who drove the new Z06 into the unveiling. A VP of Gm.

I don't care if people think its BS. Go ahead and think it.

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 07:26 PM

PB.... obviously you have major trust issues..... sorry to hear it.

pbfoot 01-20-2005 07:43 PM

LMAO! dude, you really think i care enough about someone getting a z06 to have "trust issues" about it? im having some fun...its called a joke. look it up.

allmotor 01-20-2005 07:51 PM

lucky u. Tape that shit

slvrcivic 01-20-2005 07:55 PM

<---- looks up "joke"

"a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at hisown jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&q=define:joke

k- I looked it up. Thanks for the laugh.

devilvtec 01-20-2005 08:04 PM

PB, i like the title under your name, Car Ram-Rod "Say it, say car ramrod." I thought your post was funny.

Slvr, congrats to the family member, i wish someone i knew had a vette :(

pon55 01-20-2005 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by PbFoot
LMAO! dude, you really think i care enough about someone getting a z06 to have "trust issues" about it? im having some fun...its called a joke. look it up.

You bad, you forgot " :rofl: :rofl: "