Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   car no like cold (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/192521-car-no-like-cold.html)

robo1040 01-17-2005 09:09 PM

car no like cold

ok its starting to get real cold around here in Delaware, and ive noticed that since its been gettin down to the teens, my car has been acting reallllll funny. my main concern is with the turbo, some problems im having is i think the cold is affecting the boost controller, like it wont keep constant boost, like it is more likely to spike, and my boost/vac guage is readin awful funny compared to my boost controller display. also, initally the turbo acts funny when spoolin, anyone who lived up in the cold got anything to say bout this?

Voiceofid 01-18-2005 01:00 AM

well, you have more oxygen at 10psi now then before, so your car have the potential to run lean

oil may have trouble reaching the turbo, and some other motor components

i would say let the car warm up longer before you start mashing the pedal, and probably turn down the boost a bit

robo1040 01-18-2005 04:37 PM

thanks man

i8dabomb 01-18-2005 06:40 PM

yea my car doesnt like cold... it was 1 degree fahrenheit today and i had some trouble starting up :(

cosmo 01-18-2005 06:49 PM

All you people complain when it's still above zero, haha must be nice. See if your car likes it in -50 Celcius (-60 feirenheit) with the windchill. But yes, turbo and cold don't really mix well.

civic01vtec 01-18-2005 06:56 PM

i have no problems......i let my car warm up for awhile and i ease on the throttle and stay out of boost and keep it under 3500 rpms until i reach normal operating temp.

civic01vtec 01-18-2005 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by cosmo
All you people complain when it's still above zero,

I complain cuz i work outside all day........it was 4 degrees here today, not sure what the windchill factor was, but it was windy and my face was freezing and my snot was freezing inside of my nose :hithead:

i8dabomb 01-18-2005 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
I complain cuz i work outside all day........it was 4 degrees here today, not sure what the windchill factor was, but it was windy and my face was freezing and my snot was freezing inside of my nose :hithead:

i hate when my snot freezes inside my nose :yell:

KalliGarri 01-18-2005 07:49 PM

^^ Im glad i live in texas.. those rock hard boogers are bad as is.. but frozen ones? ehh... ^^

pnoyster2k1cvic 01-18-2005 07:57 PM

mine bugs out too, super lean for the first 10mins of driving... it's about around 30+ here in vegas in the mornings and nights, and i know that causes it to run a bit weird, just ease up on the gas untill your temp goes up... then you'll be fine... change your oil to something compatible with cold weather... i'm not an oil guru, but I know that would help too...