Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Insurance question (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/186789-insurance-question.html)

2002excpe 12-08-2004 09:46 PM

Insurance question

If the whole side of your car gets keyed, will insurance pay for a whole car paint job, or just the damaged part?

RiceRocketeer 12-08-2004 09:47 PM

most of the time just the damaged part

joe6680 12-08-2004 10:16 PM

Not true, you pay the deductable. If your deductable is 500 thats what you pay. You submit the bill to the insurance company and they review it. If they think its an acceptable price your good to go. If they think the price is inflated they will send someone to inspect the damage, or they will tell you where to take it to get it fixed. Usually a body shop that they are affiliated with and know won't screw them. So if it only costs lets say 900 to fix just the scratch and 3000 for a new paint job and you submit the bill that says 3000 your ins company is gonna be like wtf, and thats when the problems arise??? Now I guess if you really wanted a new paint job then you could key the rest of the car yourself and get it all painted, but thats a little thing called insurance fraud.

SMX 12-09-2004 09:51 AM

A good shop will blend the painted area and you'll never be able to tell.

manthatguysfast 12-09-2004 10:18 AM

^ya but from the way he asked he probably wants the whole car done. lol

Zzyzx 12-09-2004 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
^ya but from the way he asked he probably wants the whole car done. lol

and the insurance co will not pay for that unless painting the whole car was nessisary.

Hers whats going to happen.

1. take the car to a paint shop.
2. the paint shop will call your Insurance and have an Adjuster come out and inspect the car. The Paint shop and the insurance adjuster will come to an agreement on what does and doesn not need to be repaired.
3. The car will be repaired, and when you come in to pick it up, you will pay your deductible. the rest of the cost will be covered by the insurance company.

d17a2 12-09-2004 11:11 AM

Wadup

I have a 2004 Civic Ex loaded and my deductable is only 200.. and im only 18.. So im sure yours isnt 500.

spikele 12-09-2004 12:02 PM

I'm 18 and my deductable is 500! I pay If it was 200 I'd more pay than 4g's a year for full coverage. No tickets either. Im paying 3400 at the moment per year for an 02 EX

Gangsta Dave 12-09-2004 12:39 PM

It depends on how your insurance is set up... the peeps that pay 200 for a deductible pay more for a monthly premium. lol mine is 500 so my premium is lower. =) It doesn't matter if your car is fully loaded or not... it is what you pay the insurance company monthly period, the plan you are on.. like lets say you are on the "silver" plan, then you might have the 500 deductible and only 50,000 in life insurance as where the "premium" or "gold" plan will have 200 deductible and 100,000 life ins or accidental death... or whatever. I work in a med insurance company and we have similair plans but of course dealing with medical... plan A B C D it goes down depends on what you are willing to pay, how sick you might think you will be etc

Mr.Modify 12-10-2004 01:09 AM

If something like keying my car happened i wouldn't go through insurance personally.....they say if i get one more claim no more insurance for me lol