Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Some Dyno Charts for you number freaks (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/17259-some-dyno-charts-you-number-freaks.html)

CapYoda 11-29-2001 04:53 PM

Some Dyno Charts for you number freaks

Couple days ago I was searching through InJen's website to see if they ever updated their testing section...

anyway, check out some dyno charts they have there

http://www.injen.com/testing.html

the one that will interest you guys will be the one on the bottom... the 2001 Civic EX stock vs. AEM vs. InJen

the horsepower to the wheel on the dyno chart for the stock civic is pretty consistent with the one from Import Tuner...

I dont really consider the other two charts much though.. or any of the other charts in the website... I mean its obvious InJen wouldn't post dynos that shows no gains or maybe even lost of power... not that I trust import tuner too... but I generally trust the stock dyno charts... no reason for 'em to bs them...

here's something for u to think about... say... in import tuner they say the Hayme intake gain a yield of about +4 hp... thats more and about the same as AEM and InJen's Cold Air intakes... makes u kinda wonder, eh? Anyway my point for those that didnt catch it is, u can't really trust what magazines say... especially import tuner.

anyhow... the dynos from InJen might not be bs... at least the gains there aren't exaggerated. (for the 01 civic anyway) check out the RSX one... sheesh. heh. anyway I duno. make ur own judgements I guess... but take my advice, dont take the magazine or manufacture provided dyno results with complete trust.

edit: oh yeah, the new hondatunning website is also out. the link is on the front page of importtuner.com so check that out if u guys are interested... even if they're lying their butts off about some parts, there are still some stuff thats good to read.

and if the numbers from import tuner and injen correct... the 7th gen civics pump more hp to the wheel than the old gens. a lot more actually. I think around 10 more. not sure though, all the numbers I can get my hands on are from import tuner and jackson racing.

wsking77 11-29-2001 05:07 PM

cool...:)
anyways,i'm taking off my injen CAI tonite:) its raining[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

Damian2k1 11-29-2001 05:23 PM

Injen ruuuuuuuules!!

...heh...that surprised me...

Damian2k1 11-29-2001 05:23 PM

Actually, wait...thats an Injen website....

hrm......

trevor 11-29-2001 05:37 PM

DAMN bout 20 horse for that rsx???????????????????? yea thats a [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

I should get my Injen SRI tonight,,,,,,,,hopefully, tonight was the ETA.
i have a 5 speed but got the SRI cause of wsking77 problem,(and not that intersted in 1 more horsie)..........were floodin in my area as we speak!!!!! not cool @ all.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

mwwhonda 11-29-2001 05:40 PM

wow.....if that injen dyno is for real im sellin my aem....the injen has an AWESOME boost in power in the low end 3- 3500......and about the rsx, that car has responded AMAZINGLY well to intake and exhaust systems for some reason.....the borla cat back dyno'ed 12Whp!

peace all

CapYoda 11-29-2001 05:48 PM

well yeah, thats if the dyno charts aren't bs.

anyhow, notice the RSX and S2000... its obvious where VTEC engaged. heh.

I have a doubt that my InJen SRI does anything at all.. besides makes noises... I'm swapping back in my stock this week and gonna keep it in for a week to see if I did lose some low end torque... cuz it sure feels that way (or either that I just can't drive)... if not, I'll keep the intake... if I do notice difference, I'll sell the intake or something.

black2k1vtec 11-29-2001 07:37 PM

<< and about the rsx, that car has responded AMAZINGLY well to intake and exhaust systems for some reason.....the borla cat back dyno'ed 12Whp! >>

Ya but where did you read that??? The Borla website??? I bet it is stretched out a couple ponies. I mean, they got a product to sell right?