Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Accord Courtesy Car (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/17222-accord-courtesy-car.html)

CivNoir 11-29-2001 10:27 AM

Accord Courtesy Car

well i had to take my car to the dealership for them to fix my drivers seat problem again as well as fix my passenger door where some fool keyed it. anyway this dealership has been really great. Mark Roberts Honda in Bartlesville, OK. it's about an hour from where i live. when i bought my car they had a much better price than any of the dealerships in Tulsa and they were a pleasure to deal with. so, they gave me a 4 door accord courtesy car to drive till they finish my car. i been driving it for about a week and a half now and i'll tell you i can't wait to get my civic back. it's an alright car, but there is no way i would take it over my civic. now if it was a 6 banger coupe i might consider it. well just wanted to pass that along and give Mark Roberts a good word. i found out the dealerships in tulsa don't give courtesy cars for stuff like this so i feel pretty lucky.

peace

UncleB 11-29-2001 10:30 AM

lucky you.

Ronin 11-29-2001 10:35 AM

How is the acceleration compared to our Civics? I know it has 150 hp, but it is also a lot heavier. And how does the handling and overall driving feel compare with ours?

trevor 11-29-2001 10:48 AM

yea i almost bought one b4 my civic,,,,,,,test drove em,, no way man,,,,,,,,,,,WAY to BIG,,,,,,,,,,,power wise,,,,,, i drove 4 cyl. accord and wasnt that fast,,,,,,,,,,,, then test drove a DX civic,,,,slower
Then test drove my EX,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,,bought it rigth there on the spot.........

CivNoir 11-29-2001 11:07 AM

i don't like the accelaration at all. of course it's an automatic and my civ is a manual so i'm used to pretty imediate response. when i gas it there is a small lag time before it kicks in and it seem to over rev., not much control. i don't like it at all. i'm pretty sure my vic could take it in the short run anyway. it just seems like a conservative family car. nice smooth ride. of course i feel like a total dweeb due to the fact that they have "COURTESY CAR" in huge white letters on the front and rear windsheild.

do any of you guys know if your dealerships offer courtesy cars? i figured most of them did but i'm coming to find out most don't.

Ronin 11-29-2001 11:13 AM

You're right, most Honda dealerships, at least those around here, do NOT offer courtesy cars..... And if they do offer, it's usually an older model that they know everybody will beat the $hit out of. So, you're pretty darn lucky... with an Accord too.

trevor 11-29-2001 11:17 AM

MY delearship would laugh @ me if i asked for a courtsey car!!!!!!!
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

CivNoir 11-29-2001 11:18 AM

well it sure as hell beats catching a ride and i feel better knowing they arent rushed and can fix my car right.

brill 11-29-2001 11:24 AM

I first wandered onto the Honda lot drooling over the Accords. See when I was car shopping - I wanted everything opposite from my old Mazda 323... so I wanted a HUGE car. The accord is just that... MASSIVE! I eventually settled on the civic as it was substantially larger than my old mazda, 4 doors, nice lookin, comfortable, AFFORDABLE... If I could afford an Accord, i totally would've gotten one. Unfortunately that's not the case in this shaky economy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

artychris 11-29-2001 01:09 PM

hey CivNoir, could you repost your pics? I want to see how it looks now with the pro-kit

CivNoir 11-29-2001 02:21 PM

yeah, i'll try to get them up tonight. at one time they were in the members rides but curiously they no longer are. maybe they were removed due to the infrequency of my posting here for a couple of months.