Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Ever get odd questions about driving stick (MT)? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/168553-ever-get-odd-questions-about-driving-stick-mt.html)

AR 08-13-2004 01:44 AM

Ever get odd questions about driving stick (MT)?

Do you ever get funny/odd questions about driving stick? Let's hear them!

Last week a friend of mine asked me if I would ever get tired driving stick on a long roadtrip(... I think she was implying that the traffic conditions of the roadtrip were not too 'enjoyable', ie not 5th gear 70mph for 2.5 hours). I responded saying that I enjoy driving stick and to me it never gets tiring. It keeps my attention sharp on the road/car and it's uber fun. Plus I've been driving manual since I was 15!!!:cool:

cdmx 08-13-2004 02:20 AM

I agree, you would think it would get tiring...
But it must be done...so i dont question it
I love driving my stick...i mean the cars stick

why does that still sound bad

Mr.Modify 08-13-2004 06:15 AM

Yup I love t3h stick to :)

Mr.Modify 08-13-2004 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Prod
I play with my stick too much.

i like to wiggle it side to side to...................make sure im in neutral.

armieo 08-13-2004 06:27 AM

I like slamming it hard.

NoLeadEmSoMuch 08-13-2004 07:22 AM

this thread once had potential, and I think in the last two posts I saw the potential walk off a cliff.

Master 08-13-2004 08:12 AM

I've gotten the question of "Why do u have a stick for such a slow car?" I responded with immediately inserting my foot in his anus.

armieo 08-13-2004 08:36 AM

He stood there calmly while you did it?

Master 08-13-2004 08:55 AM

well yes up until the point where his colin busted. Then he started screaming!

TMRakip 08-13-2004 10:04 AM

In my M3 people ask me why I didn't get a standard. STUPID BASTARDS!!! SMG-II IS MANUAL TRANSMISSION!! :hithead:

6ft5inAllMan 08-13-2004 10:08 AM

I like to wiggle my stick also to make sure she is in neutral and I like to hold it down by the sac and shaft while in traffic

AR 08-13-2004 01:35 PM

I once had a friend tell me when I first got my liscense that regular MT cars on the street had multiple gears for reverse... ie R1st, R2nd, R3rd. I laughed at him, and then gave him a ride in my mazda. We were like 16,17 at the time. :D

(e-married to daydreamer huh? a smart boy would make that a reality )
Indeed.

ctx66 08-13-2004 05:57 PM

driving stick in traffic blows.

streetglower 08-13-2004 06:01 PM

yea I have a question, how long did it take everyone to learn it? I mean how long before you got to the point where you didnt stall, or jerk the car. How long untill you could successfully learned how to drive it in regular traffic. I still havent mastered it yet. I know, I am a loser, but I keep stalling and jerking the car.

ctx66 08-13-2004 06:12 PM

probably a month

LogicWavelength 08-13-2004 11:26 PM

I sell Hondas and Acuras and alot of my customers ask RETARDED questions. Here are four of the good ones I've gotten so far:

"Whats that 3rd pedal for?"
"This car is a stick-shift... it has a clutch."
"Gawsh thats stupid... you only have 2 legs anyhow!"

"How do you tell what gear you're in?"
"The gears are written on the top of the knob."
"You mean you gotta look down every time?!?"

"Which pedal is gas?"
"The right pedal."
"Brake?"
"Middle."
"Thats too many pedals."

"All the gears are on the knob?"
"Thats correct."
"Where's the D? I don't see the D."

Civic_Racer9 08-13-2004 11:42 PM

ahahahah thats funny

RiceRocketeer 08-13-2004 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
I sell Hondas and Acuras and alot of my customers ask RETARDED questions. Here are four of the good ones I've gotten so far:

"Whats that 3rd pedal for?"
"This car is a stick-shift... it has a clutch."
"Gawsh thats stupid... you only have 2 legs anyhow!"

"How do you tell what gear you're in?"
"The gears are written on the top of the knob."
"You mean you gotta look down every time?!?"

"Which pedal is gas?"
"The right pedal."
"Brake?"
"Middle."
"Thats too many pedals."

"All the gears are on the knob?"
"Thats correct."
"Where's the D? I don't see the D."

:susp: :_doh: :rofl:

fuzzylogic426 08-13-2004 11:50 PM

this is random, but...when i went to go buy my car, the sales person who helped me didnt know anything about cars. he kept on looking at this little black pocket book that he had. lol. well, i was looking for an LX or EX automatic coupe, but i also went around and checked out the Si's for the heck of it (they were right next to the coupes). he asked me if i wanted to test drive one, but i said "not unless they come with an automatic transmission." well, he starts going around to different Si's (like 9 of them). i asked him what he was doing, and he says, "I'm looking for an automatic Si for you to test drive". im like, "dude, they dont have Si's with an automatic tranmission". so he pulls out his pocket book, writes it down, and says "you gotta teach me more stuff about cars". lol.

streetglower 08-13-2004 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
this is random, but...when i went to go buy my car, the sales person who helped me didnt know anything about cars. he kept on looking at this little black pocket book that he had. lol. well, i was looking for an LX or EX automatic coupe, but i also went around and checked out the Si's for the heck of it (they were right next to the coupes). he asked me if i wanted to test drive one, but i said "not unless they come with an automatic transmission." well, he starts going around to different Si's (like 9 of them). i asked him what he was doing, and he says, "I'm looking for an automatic Si for you to test drive". im like, "dude, they dont have Si's with an automatic tranmission". so he pulls out his pocket book, writes it down, and says "you gotta teach me more stuff about cars". lol.

thats funny, most salesmen are like that. Most just bullshit stuff to you about the car so you will buy it and so they can make there money.

Mystic3030 08-14-2004 01:19 AM

Took me about 3 weeks to learn to drive a MT smoothly.

AR 08-14-2004 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by ctx66
driving stick in traffic blows.

Driving MT and then going out and driving an auto in traffic... it's honestly boring driving auto ANYWHERE. Yes even in traffic, I feel like I catch ADD sitting behind the wheel stuck behind someone during rush-hour... twiddling my thumbs or the radio knob. No clutch, no first gear. Boring as fuck. :tdown:

As the saying goes: real men drive stick shift.

RiceRocketeer 08-14-2004 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by AR
driving any car in traffic blows. but personally, after driving still for so long and then going out and driving auto in traffic. it's honestly boring.

the saying goes: real men drive stick shift.

that's bs. real men my ass.. i'm a real man and I don't have a manual. :_please:

Mystic3030 08-14-2004 01:34 AM

I think anyone that determines how much of a man they are by what type of car they drive or the options on it, needs to seriously re-evaluate their priorities in life.

AR 08-14-2004 01:34 AM

oh grow some balls. :D ^^^
lol jeesh. did i emasculate you!?

and I changed my post.

AR 08-14-2004 01:35 AM

i didn't write the saying...

NoLeadEmSoMuch 08-14-2004 08:15 AM

Logic, that's hilarious.

ncirom2003 08-14-2004 09:16 AM

sometimes when theres nobody around my girlfriend will start playin with my stick of course i do the clucth she just jams my stickinto the slot :rofl: