Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   THEIF OWNED, story. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/167325-theif-owned-story.html)

maxsin 08-06-2004 03:29 AM

THEIF OWNED, story.

To start, last year in September I woke up as I do every other day. I took a walk outside to wish my parents a good trip to Vegas and I just happened to look at a little box outside of my car door. I venture over to my car and look at the dash and what do I see? My stereo gone, wires hanging out, Subs gone, amp gone. So many of us have had that feeling before, it is a shame and possibly one of the worst feelings one can have. I felt violated, the car was in my driveway with a entry level alarm. The trunk was partially open along with the hood. The battery was disconnected.

The thief put a screwdriver into the window and walked his/her fingers down so that they could open the lock on the door without setting off the cheap alarm. The stereo extraction was clean, minimal harness damage and the amp was unscrewed leaving no sign of abuse. The robbery was pretty professional I must say, the only thing is that they left finger prints on the inside of the window. :eek:

I call the police; they come and take a report. I ask about the finger prints and they say that they maybe can have a detective come out in a week to dust for prints. I feeling pissed still, put my car in the garage and covered it for 5 days. The detective finally showed up to dust. The prints were clean as the night the thief left them. Waiting was worth it.

About a year later, yesterday, I am at home relaxing. I have moved since the car break-in and I pretty much forgot about it. My insurance took care of me so no real harm done. My mother tells me that a detective called about the car theft last year, she said that they matched the prints and found the thief. :)

I gave the detective a call back but he was out of his office. I called again today but again out of his office. I will call tomorrow, again, again until I get hold of the detective. I am so very happy that the bastard was at the least caught. I see posts and posts on this forum about people getting their ICE stolen.

This is a story in progress and I will inform you all when I actually speak to the detective. Until then, be happy that they matched the prints.

xam 08-06-2004 03:41 AM

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ThaitaniumGK 08-06-2004 03:47 AM

That sucka is gonna get SeRved! :kick:

Changu-San 08-06-2004 03:55 AM

Did they let you beat the fuck out of that bastard?

MisterTinkerTrain 08-06-2004 03:58 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

jttegx 08-06-2004 04:16 AM

why does the detective have to come a week later? what if some sort of liquid touches your car (rain) and washes the prints off? :susp:

but i hope they found the sucker and serve him/her big time. if you can, provide his name and location so everyone can spread the word and ruin his reputation more. :)

NoLeadEmSoMuch 08-06-2004 07:56 AM

because detectives are usually busier with rapes and murders and unless it's a locale with a huge car theft or jacking problem, a car theft case usually gets bumped down a little

TeLLy 08-06-2004 08:06 AM

You know the guy will get minimal jail time....but do post up name and location. Because what other people do to a car thief after he gets out is out of your hands....right?

gearbox 08-06-2004 08:25 AM

Always nice to hear when they finally get caught. I bet he's going away for a long time, since there's other jobs he pulled most likely.

acurastype01 08-06-2004 08:54 AM

ahahhaha awesome

EManEX 08-06-2004 10:19 AM

Great!

Ramones 08-06-2004 10:29 AM

Thats kickass man :rockon: ...keep us posted!!

hustlelikem0fo 08-06-2004 10:36 AM

thats fvckin awesome awesome man. i wish i can find the bastards who stole my shit couple years ago. congrats.... keep us updated

dalaw 08-06-2004 10:42 AM

Nice to see the thief is caught, but I can't believe it takes almost a year to match finger prints.

nickm748 08-06-2004 10:53 AM

Dam that took a LONG time but its worth the wait. Im glad to see that bastard got what he deserved

baggedblue02 08-06-2004 10:59 AM

Ah I wish a detective had come take prints on mine. That would be nice. Do you have to go to court about it???

Solidus 08-06-2004 11:02 AM

wow, that is pretty amazing. Man, all these theft stories are starting to scare this shite out of me.

y.0. KiLLa 08-06-2004 11:03 AM

haha the thief was "OWNED" :sweet:

xamracer 08-06-2004 11:21 AM

you said it looked pretty professional and they found his prints on file or caught him so more then likely he commited some other crime. hopefully he gets sent to jail and you can help add some time. Hopefully he goes to the slammer and becomes some ones b/f and regrets it for the rest of his life.

Mr.Modify 08-06-2004 11:41 AM

hahahaha nice!

alienmeatsack 08-06-2004 11:42 AM

Glad to hear you got some results. Most the time its written off, you get a check and everyone moves on.

Stealing is the profession of small minds.

Solidus 08-06-2004 11:46 AM

Say you have a gang of ice. Do you need to take pictures of it for your insurance or does someone have to actually come out and check your car out? Cuz i want to be totally insured for every piece of ice and my rims.

CivicRookie 08-06-2004 11:47 AM

AwesomE!! Definitely keep us posted..

sp3cialk 08-06-2004 12:11 PM

cool

alienmeatsack 08-06-2004 01:26 PM

Solidus, I'd say always err on the side of caution. If you have serious bank in your ICE and bling, take the time to take lots of photos of it. Make sure to get pics of serial numbers where possible and make notes of make and model. Include receipts whenever possible as well.

Because when it comes down to it, the more proof you have the easier it is to get back what you put into it.

Solidus 08-06-2004 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by alienmeatsack
Solidus, I'd say always err on the side of caution. If you have serious bank in your ICE and bling, take the time to take lots of photos of it. Make sure to get pics of serial numbers where possible and make notes of make and model. Include receipts whenever possible as well.

Because when it comes down to it, the more proof you have the easier it is to get back what you put into it.

sweet, thanks for the tip alien

Milamber 08-06-2004 01:35 PM

damn teefs, you should ask the detective if he can hold the criminal while you bash in his balls a few times

Solidus 08-06-2004 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber
damn teefs

:hgrin:

DodgeNeonSRT-4 08-06-2004 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by jttegx
why does the detective have to come a week later? what if some sort of liquid touches your car (rain) and washes the prints off? :susp:

but i hope they found the sucker and serve him/her big time. if you can, provide his name and location so everyone can spread the word and ruin his reputation more. :)

Yes, in the eyes of a cop you are a little punk kid with money put into his car and you don't deserve the same amount of respect as a "real" crime. :susp:

I am glad to see the theif got caught! :D Finally a little justice. I am glad you were patient enough to cover the car, you did the right thing! :)

Congratulations, I hope after he gets off with just a fine and some community service that your closed hand "accidentally" slips into his teeth and bloodies his nice Armani suit that was bought with the profits made off of your system.

ragingSPAM 08-07-2004 06:14 AM

same ish happened to my friend...he went to his car to see that his head unit his Jacket(dunno why) and his calculator were stolen from his car...2 weeks later his car got stolen (98 integra GSR with JDM ITR headlight Conversion with JDM ITR Taillights) and stripped ...it was found 5 weeks later completely stripped with nothing left but the frame...fingerprinted and the guys were caught...buncha mexicans who ran an "auto sound installation shop" otherwise a chop shop were busted cuz they're dumbasses left fingerprints...big break for him...lost everything but got 3x the cars value from insurance...