Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Does a spolier really give you HorsePower??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/16186-does-spolier-really-give-you-horsepower.html)

greencivic805 11-16-2001 01:17 PM

Does a spolier really give you HorsePower???

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
i was reading the forum about civic ex 2001 and civic 00 si racing he mentioned
"My Civic is stock and the Si had exhaust and 2 nice looking gauges, jejeje....and a big Fast and
the Furious spoiler. I think the big spoiler was giving him like 25hp more.........jejejejeje.."

Well and ways is it true that a big spoiler can give you 25hp or more.
Does the stock honda spoiler for 2001 give you any HP????
Thanks id appericate they question being answered im really curious about this.

BLiTz 11-16-2001 01:25 PM

HAHAHHAA!! Never in my life have I eva heard of that.. So that's why ppl put on those [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]ugly airplane wings on their cars!!!

In other words...uhhh..NO.... Spoilers don't make you go fast but stickers do....!!!:):tup:

DRJ 11-16-2001 01:26 PM

uh... no.

DogstyleEX 11-16-2001 01:30 PM

you can't be serious... no really..

LOWBOY 11-16-2001 01:30 PM

I just have to know...... Is this a joke? If it is, I give you praise!

macrossranma 11-16-2001 01:36 PM

no, spoiler dont give you hps, it give you like 30+ more torque, stickers give you mid-high end hps and torque, hanging a doll on the windshield give you nos like power. Man, i had too much[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

antidote11 11-16-2001 01:39 PM

If you take your wheels off, that will give you a ton more horses....
No, really, all a spoiler does is give you less air resistance and better looks.

Bartkat 11-16-2001 01:43 PM

Sure, the right spoiler can reduce air drag and seem to improve power. They can also make your car stick to the ground better or screw it up. It's all a matter of design. Watch the race cars that adjust the angle of the spoiler at different points on the track.

macrossranma 11-16-2001 01:48 PM

o, and also, if you put water instead of engine oil, you'll feel like driving V12 engine car:)

macrossranma 11-16-2001 01:48 PM

man, i have like 20 post today, i'm bored to death

htower 11-16-2001 01:49 PM

<< My Civic is stock and the Si had exhaust and 2 nice looking gauges, jejeje....and a big Fast and the Furious spoiler. I think the big spoiler was giving him like 25hp more..... >>

he was being sarcastic or just joking, either way the answer is no

macrossranma 11-16-2001 02:01 PM

heh, i know, just also playing sarcastism with him, and im so bored, hahaha[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

VNlilMAN 11-16-2001 02:08 PM

it's supposed to give you more traction cause the wind hits it and causes your car to stick to the ground more. however i don't think it really makes a difference in front wheel drive cars like ours... maybe in a rear wheel drive...

reLaXedinca 11-16-2001 02:13 PM

horses no. down force yes!!!!

macrossranma 11-16-2001 02:22 PM

no, it make a slight different going 120kmh+, the car is more solid on the highway:tup:

pogi2k1ex 11-16-2001 02:55 PM

<< Sure, the right spoiler can reduce air drag and seem to improve power. They can also make your car stick to the ground better or screw it up. It's all a matter of design. Watch the race cars that adjust the angle of the spoiler at different points on the track. >>

just to add to what BARTKAT said:

A spoiler is an aerodynamic add-on that goes across the trunk or back of a vehicle to deflect the direction of airflow and reduce drag. A front spoiler is technically an "air dam" because it prevents air from getting under the car and increasing drag.

jonavin 11-16-2001 03:15 PM

All the spoiler does is SPOIL the fun :)

If you are looking for HP, just add a Type R stickers. I hear it makes your car go really fast.

Civic316 11-16-2001 03:49 PM

I've heard that a 2k1civic.com sticker can add 15+ HP...

hehehehehe

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Civic316

pogi2k1ex 11-16-2001 04:12 PM

oh yea, removing your badges is considered a Level 1 weight reduction.....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

aZnVoYCe 11-16-2001 04:32 PM

Also if you add an additional spoiler on the roof it will add an additional 25 hP a total of 50 hP! ...No... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

KurupTLX 11-16-2001 04:33 PM

LOL i thought it was bad that people were actually thinking that lime green civic with 2 spoilers and daisy rims was real.... now someone actually thinks a spoiler can give you HP??
chant everyone! NEWBIE FORUM........ NEWBIE FORUM......... NEWBIE FORUM.......

K-lx

StLVtec 11-16-2001 04:46 PM

I hope to god that this question was a joke

piemaroon 11-16-2001 05:38 PM

lollololololololololololololololololololololol ect................:)

DarkCivic 11-16-2001 06:22 PM

OMG there are no words.:tdown::tdown::tdown:

Voiceofid 11-16-2001 06:22 PM

remember.. sugar has a higher octane rating than good 'ol regular gasoline, sugar water is the best for your engine![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

2k1BlackBeautyOwner 11-16-2001 09:47 PM

Actually, a spoiler is supposed to keep your wheels on the ground to keep the car from actually "flying". But that only works when you're going at more or less around 100 miles per hour.

ALLMAN 11-16-2001 10:36 PM

Why do I get the feeling that these questions are intentionally ment to disrupt our site!!!!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG].I mean if you wanted to know how the aerodynamic functions of a wing works, that one thing....but to ask if it actually gives HP, that is a little hard for me to believe......I would believe that the question is ment to make our site look like ignorant ricers to others or belittle our site more.....so therefore I'm considering this a rediculous post that in my eyes does more harm than good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!