Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Is MAACO any good for car ding repairs? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/152858-maaco-any-good-car-ding-repairs.html)

kenji4861 05-02-2004 04:33 AM

Is MAACO any good for car ding repairs?

I have a few dings from people opening their door without looking...

Thinking of going to MAACO to get it repaired, are they any good? Any pointers would help. Thanks!

XxSoVeReiGNxX 05-02-2004 05:54 AM

your paying for name. They're popular and 'professional', but they're also overly busy and charge way too much (just because of the sheer amount of car owners who don't know jack about cars that go to them)

Last summer, I went to them looking to get my grill's lip painted. They wanted $100 for it, plus it would take 3 weeks. But thats for painting

I'm going to look around for a smaller shop that specializes in car repair or just dings, that way i can be one-on-one with them, so to say. It's not like a door dent will re-dent itself because of a bad repair job :p I would do it myself if I had the tools. Some of my dings I think have to get filled and and painted over :(

hustlelikem0fo 05-02-2004 09:40 AM

Thats weird xxsovereign cuz I also went to maaco to get my grill painted cuz the body shop that did my kit wanted 120 bucks to paint a piece of plastic? Maaco did it for 40 bucks and I picked it up the next day. The paint matched perfectly.......

Maybe its a good Maaco? That just shows it all depedns where you go, all Maacos are diff.

dragoon 05-02-2004 09:55 AM

I would just take it to a PDR place.

BassKadett 05-02-2004 07:59 PM

The Maacos in my area are KNOWN for being the WORST place to take your car for paint/body work. I guess it just depends on where ya live and who you know that has gone there.

thomusvoo 05-02-2004 08:28 PM

UH OH, Better get MAACO.

tripledoublegs 05-02-2004 08:46 PM

I've heard Maaco sucks
Just search a bit on this site, there's a bunch of threads related to Maaco

rysbrnr 05-03-2004 04:52 PM

The maaco by me does the patented " scuff and spray" , ends up just flaking in spots. That's for the whole car though, not sure how well they do small parts.

Civicious 05-03-2004 05:13 PM

I've just heard they are really inexpensive and the paint will last about 2 years. It depends on the pigments in the colors you use. I've heard simpler colors last longer.

You get what you pay for.

cryption 05-03-2004 05:24 PM

my friend got screwed by maaco

Civicious 05-03-2004 05:25 PM

Originally posted by cryption
my friend got screwed by maaco
How so?

88AccordDX 05-03-2004 06:45 PM

if the dings arent that bad, try your luck with the Ding King!

doctor 05-03-2004 07:21 PM

Paintless dent removal is better

Boilermaker1 05-03-2004 08:07 PM

Maaco seems to be known for not doing all the prep work right... thats why they don't charge so much and you get what you're paying for.
Personally, I like the local place who actually has to work to get business. Might pay a little more, but usually they stand behind what they do, so they do it right.

cryption 05-03-2004 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Civicious
How so?
they didn't prep it and after like a few months the pain is allready peeling. He paid for a good thing with clear coaqt etc and they didn't do any of that, and when he told them and all that they said they'll just give him 1/2 off if he wants them to do it again.

I'll never go to maaco

cdmx 05-03-2004 09:01 PM

MACCO IS WORST FOR PAINTING THE WHOLE CAR

macco is ok for lip kits...but i wouldn't suggest full body kits

now for dings...i mean comon its just a small ass spot

they will pay extra detail cause its a smalll ass spot and they wont rush through it like they might with the WHOLE car

so i think its perfectly fine to go to macco for minor things

Civicious 05-04-2004 10:28 AM

Earl Scheib (sp)? is another terrible place to go. They did my friends car and his paint looked better primed than it did painted. Pretty sad.

I wonder what a decent paint job would cost at a regular shop? I need to get my ride painted soon.