Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   everywhere i look, theres a new rsx! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/15221-everywhere-i-look-theres-new-rsx.html)

showmedamoney 11-06-2001 03:34 PM

man, i go to school here at university of california irvine right? and this school is full of rsx's. i musta seen at least 20 different ones the past month. nothing wrong with it, just that im surprised they're selling so well here. maybe cuz theres a lot of rich asian kids here. btw im asian too, hehe.

riceboy 11-06-2001 03:39 PM

i wanted to buy 1 but i would'nt have the money to make it go fast and look pretty.so i got the civic instead[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
but i think im better off with a nice civic than a stock RSX

dennis99 11-06-2001 03:48 PM

Be glad...it's better than seeing tons of lifted Trucks with confederate flags in the back window[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] man i can't wait to get out of Texas:)

Dennis

brill 11-06-2001 04:18 PM

<< Be glad...it's better than seeing tons of lifted Trucks with confederate flags in the back window[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] man i can't wait to get out of Texas:) >>

hahahahaaahaha
RSX's are rather rare around here... but thats coz most ppl in BC are poor right now [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

htowncivicEX 11-06-2001 04:19 PM

The RSX isn't all that expensive, right? You can get a Type S for less than $30k, am I correct?

Micks2K1 11-06-2001 04:40 PM

yeah there 24,000 about i love that car

JSH2001 11-06-2001 04:45 PM

I still haven't seen an RSX in person. I'm from WV so I am with Dennis99 and used to seeing jacked up truvks with confederate flags in the back.

ScottieEX 11-06-2001 04:51 PM

i havn't seen many rsx's yet. there are none at my school.. even though there are about 10 2k1 civics including mine.

SpoonSportsd17a 11-06-2001 05:44 PM

My girl lives in Irvine, I see a crap load of them in irvine, Most of the drivers are asians.

TaiChi 11-06-2001 05:48 PM

I like the RSX but they are getting too much everywhere just like taxis...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disturbed.gif[/IMG]
The most rediculous thing is my friend with a RSX Premium attended a RSX meet in Vancouver which turned out there's only 4 cars in the meet!:eek:
There's even one guy with a BASE RSX Model with a RSX liscense plate and some RICE stickers in his back bumper~I dun know why he's so proud of his car with wheel covers...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

toastyghosty 11-06-2001 06:03 PM

i see this guy driving this red rsx downtown by my school everyday. and i laugh at it every day cuz his license plate reads &quot;rar toy&quot;
and he doesn't even have the Type-S!

they're everywhere!

CivicVTec 11-06-2001 06:27 PM

there aren't any RSX here at all....so far i only see 5 max probably not even 5

VTEC808 11-06-2001 06:40 PM

After tests done on the RSX Type-S they say the ride is stiff &amp; choppy &amp; pavement bumps come through as hard rubbery jolts. Overall they say its a rough ride &amp; there's a considerable amount of engine &amp; road noise that gets into the car. I don't think I'd pay $23,650 for that car. I'd want more comfort than that for that kind of money. By the way, I got that info from Consumer Reports. They compared the RSX Type-S to the Subaru Impreza WRX. The WRX turned out to be a better car for only about $900 more than the RSX Type-S but in my opinion the WRX is an ugly car. I'll just stick with my Civic [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

viciousvolpe 11-06-2001 07:14 PM

i saw 1 rsx in person.....test drove a base rsx and a wrx....wrx is by far better...and i love the look of them...if it wouldnt have been 9k more than what i paid for my civic i woulda gotten it

Voiceofid 11-06-2001 07:16 PM

there are 2 RSX in my school, but there are more civic type-r's then anything else

Cozmo 11-06-2001 07:21 PM

saw my first RSX tonight... it was Sweet! it looked like it had a OEM body kit on it and man did it look nice!!:eek::eek:.. im gonna test drive one for fun

AzNmiKex215 11-06-2001 07:22 PM

lol civic type r..
way too many riced out accord type R's around here in philly.

Booohahaha 11-06-2001 08:18 PM

hahaha.. i like the wrx cuz of its turbo and raw power of AWD!!!
if i ever get it, i tink get intimidated by one and i want one hahaha. nothing like smoking a few cars that think im heavy and slow:)

NukEX 11-06-2001 08:23 PM

Hey we should raise our civic and put confederate flag in our back window....:):):):):) that's what i call be different...:):):):):)