Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/320-suspension)
-   -   Wheel Bearing Replacement (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/320-suspension/374021-wheel-bearing-replacement.html)

TheBizmark 08-08-2018 05:02 PM

Wheel Bearing Replacement

Hello All!

I am a new member to this forum, and new Civic driver as well. I just have a quick question (I'm sorry if I'm repeating a thread that was already answered!)

I have a 2016 Honda Civic LX-P 2 Door 2.0L.

My front wheel bearing is going bad. It's the usual, making noise as the speed increases. Obviously, I need to replace it.

I've done general maintenance with my car before, but I am having a hard time trying to find a wheel bearing replacement, even the whole wheel hub assembly.

If any of you with more experience replacing these has any recommendations or links to a good quality wheel bearing or hub assembly, I would very much appreciate it.

(I don't want to take it to a mechanic because I want to learn how to fix my own car and learn more about it as I go, plus I know that the repair will be so much more expensive than me just replacing it myself)

Thank you all!

ezone 08-08-2018 09:56 PM

Re: Wheel Bearing Replacement

(I don't want to take it to a mechanic because I want to learn how to fix my own car and learn more about it as I go, plus I know that the repair will be so much more expensive than me just replacing it myself)
How many miles on the car?
Front wheel bearings are covered under the 5/60 powertrain warranty. Take it to your dealership.

EDIT: Make sure you're not hearing choppy tire tread noise first.

TheBizmark 08-09-2018 07:20 AM

Hello!

Unfortunately, I bought the car with a 3/36 warranty. Mileage is 38k right now, and the sound happened right after i passed my warranty.

sdaidoji 08-09-2018 08:09 AM

if they are anything like older models, you will need a press to press them in, so not recommended as starting point DIY job...

TheBizmark 08-09-2018 08:54 AM

I am not sure regarding older models, but fortunately I do have a Hydrolic Press, so that is no issue for me!

ezone 08-09-2018 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheBizmark (Post 4749380)

Unfortunately, I bought the car with a 3/36 warranty. Mileage is 38k right now,

Bumper to bumper is 3/36.

POWERTRAIN WARRANTY IS 5/60.
(unless HONDA cancelled warranty for some reason, which will show up on the Honda dealers VIN report)
READ YOUR OWNERS INFORMATION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT
GO TO YOUR HONDA DEALERSHIP SERVICE DEPARTMENT

TheBizmark 08-09-2018 10:22 AM

Wow, I must have no read or known about that warranty. Thank you so much. I'll be taking it to the dealer.

Sorry about not being informed on that, but thank you once more!

negev 08-12-2022 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4749387)
Bumper to bumper is 3/36.

POWERTRAIN WARRANTY IS 5/60.
(unless HONDA cancelled warranty for some reason, which will show up on the Honda dealers VIN report)
READ YOUR OWNERS INFORMATION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT
GO TO YOUR HONDA DEALERSHIP SERVICE DEPARTMENT

I just wanted to thank you for explaining that wheel bearings are part of the power train warranty ( Which I didn't even think to check myself). I bought my 2018 Civic LX a few months back with 7 years honda certified warranty - 100000 miles or until 2025. I'm brand new in this forum and I have begun to experience a revving or humming noise that gets faster as the civic gains speed. At first I thought it was my CVT but I threw it into neutral going down hill and the noise did not change. Before taking it to honda, I will attempt to do a physical diagnoses by removing the two front wheels and checking the bearings for wear and play. Thanks again !