Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/270-10th-generation-civic-2016-2021)
-   -   Seat Covers (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/270-10th-generation-civic-2016-2021/372739-seat-covers.html)

HuMan321 03-13-2018 11:48 AM

Seat Covers

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on seat covers for a 2018 Civic LX (base cloth seats) I am not wanting leather style, but something that looks custom fit, does not interfere with air bags, and is reasonably easy to install.

All input welcome and Thanks!

xRiCeBoYx 03-13-2018 12:45 PM

Re: Seat Covers

Check out the ones on CarID.com. those are the ones I was looking at. Saw on another forum of ones people installed and they look OEM. Leather ran about 290-300 and neoprene was sub-150 iirc

HuMan321 03-14-2018 09:15 AM

Thank you very much for the link and I see a lot of choices there. The pictures don't really show how they deal with side airbags? I did see through the order process you can select you have side airbags, anyone have thoughts on how they accomplish that?

xRiCeBoYx 03-14-2018 09:21 PM

Side airbags are in the A-pillar, not seats.

Saw them personally when I pulled my driver's side a-pillar to route dash cam wiring

HuMan321 03-15-2018 11:55 AM

Hi,

It is my understanding that the "side curtain" airbags are as you describe on the A-Pillar. In addition to those my car has "side" airbags in the seats themselves. I am thinking the seat cover manufacturers have an approved cover for these type that does not interfere with the air bag when deploying and hoping someone had experience on this type to share.
Thanks again

xRiCeBoYx 03-15-2018 02:22 PM

Just verified with my coworker that also drives a 2018 civic, our cars do not have side airbags in the seats, just pillars

HuMan321 03-15-2018 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmmm

Maybe only have them in the sedan? I have tags on my front seats saying "side airbags" and attached is a pic that I could not paste and #2 talks about the seat airbags. (picture in attachment shows location).

SAFETY
1 Two SrS (Supplemental restraint System) front airbags. The driver’s airbag
is stored in the center of the steering wheel; the front passenger’s airbag is
stored in the dashboard. Both are marked SRS AIRBAG.
2 Two side airbags, one for the driver and one for the front passenger. The
airbags are stored in the outer edges of the seat-backs. Both are marked
SIDE AIRBAG.

3 Two side curtain airbags, one for each side of the vehicle. The airbags are
stored in the ceiling, above the side windows. The front and rear pillars are
marked SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAG.
4 An electronic control unit that continually monitors and can record
information about the impact sensors, seat and buckle sensors, rollover
sensor, airbag activators, seat belt tensioners, seat position and weight
sensors, passenger airbag off indicator, and other vehicle information, while
the vehicle is on. During a crash, the unit records such information.
5 Automatic front seat belt tensioners. The driver’s and front passenger’s seat
belt buckles incorporate sensors that detect whether or not the belts are
fastened.
6 A driver’s seat position sensor. If the seat is too far forward, the airbag will
inflate with less force.
7 Weight sensors in the front passenger’s seat. The front passenger’s airbag
will be turned off if the weight on the seat is 65 lbs (29 kg) or less (the weight
of an infant or small child).

carid 03-26-2018 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by HuMan321 (Post 4741752)
Hmmmm
Maybe only have them in the sedan? I have tags on my front seats saying "side airbags" and attached is a pic that I could not paste and #2 talks about the seat airbags. (picture in attachment shows location).

Hey @HuMan321
The custom seat covers we carry for the 2017 Civic sedan will not interfere the front air bags. If you pick any custom seat covers by Coverking, you will see a drop down menu, where you will be asked, whether your seats have side air bags in front. See the screenshot attached.
Here is the link to the custom-fit seat covers we carry for your Civic, you are welcome to pick the ones you like. Just make sure to select the right options.
2017 Honda Civic sedan seat covers at CARiD
If you need any help, feel free to contact us directly.