Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mid West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/27-mid-west)
-   -   Moved to Indiana from Cali (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/27-mid-west/174151-moved-indiana-cali.html)

speedcreations 10-06-2004 02:31 PM

yeah it pretty much sucks.....
Indy is pretty cool though...that's about it

jyoung 10-06-2004 02:31 PM

there is a lot of decent stuff to do here in indy. i'm downtown everyday and there is always stuff going on, decent amount of bars, not too many clubs, they usually get erected and then 6 months later getting shutdown because they get ghetto as hell, up in castleton on the northside though there are a lot of nicer places. i used to live by the track, its kind of eventful during the races, its like a huge carnival full of drunk people, and it occasionaly rains mace when they get a little wild. speedway's got a strip where some import fans go, i haven't been there for a while, last time i went there were a bunch of yuppies from fishers with there bimmer's and suv's. circle center and castleton's mall are the nicer malls around... thats about all i can think of right now. what side of town do you stay on?

98vicchick 10-06-2004 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by jyoung
there is a lot of decent stuff to do here in indy. i'm downtown everyday and there is always stuff going on, decent amount of bars, not too many clubs, they usually get erected and then 6 months later getting shutdown because they get ghetto as hell, up in castleton on the northside though there are a lot of nicer places. i used to live by the track, its kind of eventful during the races, its like a huge carnival full of drunk people, and it occasionaly rains mace when they get a little wild. speedway's got a strip where some import fans go, i haven't been there for a while, last time i went there were a bunch of yuppies from fishers with there bimmer's and suv's. circle center and castleton's mall are the nicer malls around... thats about all i can think of right now. what side of town do you stay on?

Are you talking to me? I don't stay in Nap.

speedcreations 10-06-2004 02:34 PM

I work on the east side (56th & Post) but I'm only here as long as I have to be...If I go anywhere, I go to Castleton/Keystone

I used to live on Washington & Emerson (talk about ghetto)

jyoung 10-06-2004 02:34 PM

ah my apologies then, i'd say if anywhere in indiana, nap's where it's at. that or bloomington. thought you were in IN for some reason when i looked at this thread. my bad.

i used to hang on west washington for a minute, post is no joke though, i know a lot of fellas from my highschool days that are very uh... aggressive that live on post. post and 38th/college is probably two of the roughest areas i've ever been. plenty of 'whiteguy' comments when i was around those places.

98vicchick 10-06-2004 02:38 PM

ah my apologies then, i'd say if anywhere in indiana, nap's where it's at. that or bloomington. thought you were in IN for some reason when i looked at this thread. my bad.

hahahah I'm confused......

I am in Indiana......just not Indianapolis

jyoung 10-06-2004 02:42 PM

ohhhhh sorry. kind of get caught up here at work, looking at forums and jumping back to work heh. do you live like anywhere close to indy or somewhere down south or somethin?

98vicchick 10-06-2004 03:02 PM

ohhhhh sorry. kind of get caught up here at work, looking at forums and jumping back to work heh. do you live like anywhere close to indy or somewhere down south or somethin?

I guess where I'm at is like an hour and a half or so from Indianapolis....its north of it...... :shrug:

jyoung 10-06-2004 03:10 PM

ah uhm. guess i'll just withdraw from this conversation heh. no idea about the north of indiana, gary, thats about it. srry i'm no help now.

varmin 10-07-2004 01:34 PM

here's my 2 cents about indy and cars.

IRP - indy raceway park. my friends go run 1/4's on tuesdays, i don't know their whole schedule...irponline.com

IIP - indy import performance. this shop's on the west side, near the airport. the guy's pretty cool. you can find their website at indyimport.com.

98vicchick 10-07-2004 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by varmin
here's my 2 cents about indy and cars.

IRP - indy raceway park. my friends go run 1/4's on tuesdays, i don't know their whole schedule...irponline.com

IIP - indy import performance. this shop's on the west side, near the airport. the guy's pretty cool. you can find their website at indyimport.com.

Ahhhhh Thank you VERY much.!! :)

varmin 10-07-2004 01:55 PM

i got my exhaust at IIP, and he beat the online price (+no shipping!)

speedcreations 10-07-2004 03:01 PM

we ordered JDM B18 from them last year...super clean and a fairly decent price