Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   Preformance Q & A (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/58943-preformance-q.html)

bugsielo 10-17-2002 10:42 AM

Preformance Q & A

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] lookin for more preformance, what do YOU guys do for more kick outta your 7th gen. keep in mind i already gotta I/H/E upgrade from my 2k2 HX. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

sspem2 10-17-2002 10:51 AM

nitrous. everybody is going to say that.

1955 10-17-2002 12:10 PM

[hr] nitrous. everybody is going to say that. [hr]
Not me,,i say keep the money b4 u feel like the rest of the other unhappy guys.

macrossranma 10-17-2002 01:41 PM

buy another car

nbpEMCivic 10-17-2002 01:57 PM

What brand parts make up your I/H/E combo? If you really want to send more money, try the Aem cam gear or thier pulleys.

MSoft 10-17-2002 03:04 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: bugsielo
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] lookin for more preformance, what do YOU guys do for more kick outta your 7th gen. keep in mind i already gotta I/H/E upgrade from my 2k2 HX. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
HX was the wrong trim level to buy if you are now complaining aobut it's performance. You're 40hp short of the EX and EX owners still think they aren't getting enough HP.

And yeah, unless you have an HP-Racing 4-1 between the I and the E, your IHE isn't giving you the best IHE upgrade out there.

BLUENVY01 10-17-2002 03:24 PM

NO NO NO... phillipe01... please dont tell people to use upgrades if you yourself dont even know what they are capable of doing. the AEM CAMGEAR is a waste of money for our cars...UNLESS...you already have a D17 with internals, P&P, aftermarket/regrinded cam, etc... the camgear is only capable of altering your timing, which will do absolutely NADA with a stock engine.

the best advice i can offer for you at the moment is this:

Intake = CAI
Headers = HP 4-1 Race
Exhaust = Any catback will improve flow, however THERMAL RESEARCH i believe has the best system.
Pulleys = AEM or Unorthodox Racing (UR pullies are better because they include the Underdrive pulley)
CamGear = AEM, however it is useless like i stated above
Internals = Not really anything out yet, however people have been trying out other application internals...
ECU = JET upgrade, Venom VCN-400, and there are a couple others i believe...
Nitrous = Nitrous Express
Turbo = Turbo Performance (Van Nuys, Ca.), or custom (but i wouldnt recommend it)

Im sure there are more engine mods that are capable of producing extra HP, but im not really interested in taking all day to examine all the possibilities for our cars...

devilvtec 10-17-2002 05:00 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: MSoft[hr]
HX was the wrong trim level to buy if you are now complaining aobut it's performance. You're 40hp short of the EX and EX owners still think they aren't getting enough HP.[hr][/QUOTE]

40 hp short, i hope youre exaggerating, ex:127 hx:117

Nuts 10-17-2002 06:01 PM

40 HP? are you nuts man?:susp:

bugsielo 10-17-2002 11:35 PM

40 ponies.....common gimme a break.......... imma go with what bluenvy said, sounds like it would give me around 60+hp gain ....would any of those mods affect my CVT trannie ?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

artychris 10-18-2002 02:06 PM

I don't like it when people say "just get another car"
Unless it's your hobby to haggle with car salesman and calculate the depreciation formula on 7th gen Civics, let the man upgrade his HX. I have an EX 5-speed coupe and it's bone stock except for a few suspension mods. This guy will probably give me a hard time or even beat me with formulated modifications and work on his engine. Imagine an EX getting spanked by an HX? That's the kind of feeling one would get when they post stories about spanking a vette with their (in the near future) K20A2 powered 7th Gens with a custom turbo. It's that feeling that makes this hobby and or lifestyle worth it.

ok, enough of that... I dig the HX for it's fuel economy. Good luck with the mods. If all else fails, get a turbo!

Bartkat 10-18-2002 10:27 PM

"That's the kind of feeling one would get when they post stories about spanking a vette with their (in the near future) K20A2 powered 7th Gens with a custom turbo. It's that feeling that makes this hobby and or lifestyle worth it."

Be sure to PM me when that happens.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]