Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   Got my HKS on last night. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/171463-got-my-hks-last-night.html)

bobbyd 09-01-2004 09:45 AM

Got my HKS on last night.

I ditched my Magnaflow catback for a stock b-pipe and HKS axle back and I am very happy with the choice. It seems I picked up some lost low end, nothing much but a little. The sound is quiet but I am sure after the new resonator and muffler loosen up it might get just a tad bit louder. Fitment of the HKS was perfect and build quality looks very very good. The polished finish was flawless.
:sweet:

Master 09-01-2004 09:54 AM

it should still be pretty quiet when you take out the resonator. But give it a couple of months and it will get a little louder

bobbyd 09-01-2004 10:14 AM

Oh, I am not taking the esonator off...I just put the stock one back on was all. ;)

But yeah, I figured in a month or so it will get a tad louder.

Silversleeper 09-01-2004 11:03 AM

Good choice!!

FuzzBeC00L 09-01-2004 11:11 AM

pic's

sw388integra 09-01-2004 11:14 AM

negative! it won't be quieter!!! pm ur phone number and i'll let you hear how loud: header, no cat, and a magnaflow "resinator" is!!! wake up the neighbors.....in the next town

sw388integra 09-01-2004 11:16 AM

oh yeah, good choice by the way...it's loud, but it's a good loud..not apc, wal-mart loud!

Master 09-01-2004 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by sw388integra
negative! it won't be quieter!!! pm ur phone number and i'll let you hear how loud: header, no cat, and a magnaflow "resinator" is!!! wake up the neighbors.....in the next town

ummm dude he just has the rear section on.

sw388integra 09-01-2004 12:23 PM

ummm dude, thanks...i know....just trying to help...ummmm

bobbyd 09-01-2004 12:26 PM

You lost me. :rofl:

sw388integra 09-01-2004 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Master
it should still be pretty quiet when you take out the resonator. But give it a couple of months and it will get a little louder

bobbyd..just responding to this comment...

Master 09-01-2004 12:33 PM

ummm dude, thanks...i know....just trying to help...ummmm

not trying to piss you off or get you to TRY and make fun of me but how is it going to help when he obviously doesn't have the same set up as you.

sw388integra 09-01-2004 01:56 PM

nobodies trying to make fun of you, i was referring to ur first comment...

sKwiD 09-01-2004 04:06 PM

So compared to your Magnaflow, which one has more overall power? Or which one do you like better?

joski 09-01-2004 04:47 PM

Do you have any pics? :D

EM2003 09-01-2004 06:24 PM

mine is only loud from 1 to 3 gears, its silent when your cruising. still turns heads though.

born2xLr8 09-01-2004 06:27 PM

yeah, post some pics. How much did it go for?

JDMPanda 09-01-2004 11:36 PM

If u want it quiet don't touch the resonator on the mid pipe...unless u want the N1 sound all the time....I had the HKS with a straight pipe before and it was mad loud...a bullet reso will tone it down a bit and give you a better sound but unless u want to sound like a Endurance car..keep the stock reso on..

JDMPanda 09-01-2004 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a crappy pic of the HKS i took....

ZdS03Civic 09-01-2004 11:51 PM

^^ do you have road clearance issues?

bobbyd 09-02-2004 07:10 AM

Let me try to answer all of the questions. :D

Compaired to my magnaflow I have no clue which one makes more power. LOL I think the HKS gave me my low end back which is what I missed with daily city driving. Have not taken it on the expressway yet. But in reality, I think they are about the same.

Pics should be up this weekend. I wil clean the car and snap pics this weekend. :D

I got it for a little over $300.

I am for sure keeping the stock mid pipe together.

This question was not for me but I can say that with my Eibach prokits I have no ground clearance issues at all now. I don't scrape in places I scraped with the Magnaflow.

:D

JDMPanda 09-02-2004 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ZdS03Civic
^^ do you have road clearance issues?

Nah u'll clear most anything unless fat chicks are riding in ur back seat lol...all u gotta watch out for is if ur gonna park "valet" style i.e back the car into the spot...the muffler will scrape against those concrete barriers if ur not careful....

bobbyd 09-02-2004 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by JDMPanda
Nah u'll clear most anything unless fat chicks are riding in ur back seat lol...all u gotta watch out for is if ur gonna park "valet" style i.e back the car into the spot...the muffler will scrape against those concrete barriers if ur not careful....

Good point! Watch those concrete parking blocks and high curbs when backing up! :sweet:

bobbyd 09-02-2004 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by MREEZYSMRS
BOBBY! :sweet:

Get some pics up here dammit!

I wasn't aware that your car ever had the CHANCE to get dirty!

It's my daily driver now...I don't have a choice.

Aznnp77 09-02-2004 09:17 AM

I've never seen someone praise the magnaflow time after time. Now you say you "ditched" it like a bad habit. Thats what I wanted to get though after I heard the clip. It's got that gurgling sound I always wanted.

bobbyd 09-02-2004 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Aznnp77
I've never seen someone praise the magnaflow time after time. Now you say you "ditched" it like a bad habit. Thats what I wanted to get though after I heard the clip. It's got that gurgling sound I always wanted.

The sound of the Magnaflow is great and I still like the sound of the Magnaflow. Afte lowering my car I relized that the exhaust hangs way too low and now that this car is getting driven more I realized that the Magnaflow vibrates off of my under body. Not cool so that is why I ditched it.

Silversleeper 09-02-2004 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aznnp77
It's got that gurgling sound I always wanted.

Go buy a mustang! :rofl:

streetglower 09-02-2004 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Master

no it will not be quieter when you take out the resonator. It will be much louder. The muffler and resonator are what quiet the exhaust. The cat also helps, but not much.

And your post doesnt make since. How would it get louder in a few months? An exhaust doesnt get louder over time unless you have holes in your exhaust piping.

R1Style 09-02-2004 02:26 PM

I'm running the same setup, HKS Hi Power Axel back and stock midpipe...

BTW... the muffler will get a little louder... but not that much. I still love mine.