Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   Product Review: Beltronics Vector FX2 performance meter (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/170067-product-review-beltronics-vector-fx2-performance-meter.html)

RiceBuRNeR 08-23-2004 03:49 PM

Product Review: Beltronics Vector FX2 performance meter

I've always been sceptical of theese G meter based performance meters you always see in magazines. There one of thoose products that almost sound too good to be true. A $200 device that accurately displays 1/4 and 1/8 miles times and speeds while telling you your wheel HP and much more, who are thay kidding right? Well there not actualy.

While browsing through my local Circuit City yesterday me and "BlkDak99RT" began playing w/ the floor model of the FX2. A salesman quickly assured me that it actualy was accurate so I figgured "ahh why not, if its inaccurate Ill return it". No sooner than we had gotten into my truck we plugged it in and threw it in the windshield, a quick 1/8 mile dash and it said I was making 80 HP.... :_doh: I laughed and said it was a piece of shit. the whole way home we played w/ the G meter function wich is pretty interesting, we learned the hard way the the stock tires on an s10 are only good for .71 g's while cornering.

After reading the instructions like we should have in the first place we found out that you have to enter your vehicals weight, drag coeffecient, and drive train layout. The manual even gives the drag coeffeciant of several vehicals, so its not very hard to set up. In fact theres even advanced settings to compensate for less acceleration pitch b/c of a lower and or stiffer suspension. I cant find the results from the 2nd run w/ my truck but we set it up for his and after comparing it w/ some real timeslips its w/in 2 tenths and the HP figures were w/ in 5hp.

Later that night we tested it in my girlfriends V6 Z24 Cavilear, It reccorded an 80.1 MPH mid 17 1/4 at a peek of 151HP w/ borla exhaust and a K&N drop in , considdering that the speed was w/ in .5 mph of the speedo and her car un modded is supposed to make 146 hp Id say that this thing is a very accurate and usefull tuning tool. So do yourself a favor and stop guessing and go buy one. :sweet:

Nick 08-23-2004 03:55 PM

how much?

HoldDaMayo 08-23-2004 07:21 PM

i suggest reading his post before asking a question... he said 200 bux in the first paragraph...

blkdak99rt 08-23-2004 08:10 PM

it was very very fun..... i believe the info we got off of her car but im not sure if we didnt go on the light end for my truck on weight..... my horsepower numbers were a bit low but that could also be attributed to ^^^Riceburner having a bit to much fun within the first 60+ ft burning rubber hahaha its a very fun little toy though lists for 240$ but was in the computer @ 200$ and as everyone knows the computer is always right

Nick 08-23-2004 08:25 PM

oops didnt read the begining.