Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west)
-   -   Northern Cali Members (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west/5707-northern-cali-members.html)

silvercallx 07-24-2001 10:16 AM

Let's get an idea of how many Northern Cal members there are in here and whether you'd be interested in setting up our own Northern Cal meetup. Hit a park somewhere, do a cookout, talk shop and take some pics of our cars.

I tried to organize one a while back but there wasn't enough No Cal people on here yet. Fresno is too far to drive for a meet.

Post a message in reply and we'll set something up. Please post your location and which weekend would work best for you (suugested weekend-August 18-19 or 25-26). That should give people plenty of time to schedule this in. BTW, I originally was trying to plan this for Pleasanton but I think there are enough Bay Area folks we could probably do this in the east bay or on the peninsula.

SacMan 07-24-2001 11:28 PM

Hey, I'm up here in Sacramento. Looking for a place to drive. What up with Pleasanton in August or September. Good Guys meet down there - could make for a nice afternoon.

I'm game. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

2k1TypeR 08-01-2001 12:19 AM

Count me in...im in Sacramento, but I go out to the east bay two to three times a month on the weekends...so it doesn't matter to me...Oakland, Pleasanton, Sac.

slim 08-01-2001 04:15 PM

i'm in Redwood City / Sunnyvale.. i'm down to meet wherevers

silvercallx 08-01-2001 09:12 PM

It looks like something around 680/580 would be convenient for almost everyone which makes Pleasanton a likely choice. Plus if any of us need to pick up some goods, Modacar is over that way.

Everyone OK with Saturday Aug 25th?

ayzan 08-01-2001 10:43 PM

how bout 25-26?

2k1TypeR 08-01-2001 11:11 PM

Pleasanton sounds good to me...

2k1TypeR 08-01-2001 11:12 PM

the 25th of August would be better for me.

Elusiv1 08-02-2001 01:33 AM

:)yeah im there....make it for the 25th, that be coo' if not ill hit up the next one....HEY EVERYONE!! how about a Nor/So Kali meeting in Pismo Beach?

silvercallx 08-02-2001 06:25 PM

So far the joint meeting thing btw south and north hasn't worked out. I think it would be easier for the first Northern Cal meet to just try to get as many Northern Cal folks together as possible.

OK: The date for the meet will be August 25, 2001 at or near Pleasanton, California @ 11:00 a.m. I'll scope out a good location and post it here and then hopefully everyone can confirm. If anyone off the top of their heads has a suggestion around Pleasanton, shoot. Otherwise I'll just pick a cool location and we'll go from there (maybe like the Alameda County Fairgrounds?). Looking forward to it!

Do those mods you've been meaning to get to (or just wash your stock ride and bring it on out) and have your ride ready for the 25th!

abalonie 08-04-2001 10:59 AM

im in fairfield, which is half way between frisco and Sac.
so anywhere from the bay area to past sac county is fine with me.

Elusiv1 08-04-2001 11:57 PM

So whats going on? From what it sounds like the 25th sounds coo'....Where's it going to be at??? Pleasington? San Mateo? N/e where is coo' I juss want to see some cars!!!

silvercallx 08-05-2001 11:32 PM

The date is definitely the 25th. I have to go out to Modacar this week so I'll scope out a location. I'm still taking suggestions on a location at or near Pleasanton.

Looks like we got about 6-7 folks already who are planning on showing up.

BigD 08-06-2001 12:19 AM

Pleasanton is coo, I am in San Mateo so I will make it up if I am not working that day. I work too damn much. But the main thing for me to show off up there is the 2.5 thou sound system I just had installed. Damn I love that system.

eX2ooo 08-07-2001 01:29 PM

The 25th huh....
Sounds coo with me....!!:)

SilverStreak 08-07-2001 01:37 PM

SILVERCALLX- I live in Pleasanton...(Moraga is where I go to college) so if you want any help on finding a place, IM me. Alameda County Fairgrounds would be perfect though. Count me in but can we have it earlier than the 25th? I think that the 18th/19th would be better because my friends and I who live here and would be going are leaving for school that next weekend. Thanks so much!

Elusiv1 08-07-2001 03:19 PM

alright ill be there on the 25th...just post the location and im there....

silvercallx 08-07-2001 05:53 PM

Silverstreak: I don't have your IM name. Do you think AC fairgrounds will be open for us? Since you live out there you probably know better than I where to meet. Some place we can cook up some burgers and such, maybe drink some beer.

PikaQ007: Why doncha do some DIY stuff if you don't have much cash on hand?

Folks, this is looking good. Sounds like we might have around 10-12 peeps there at least. Course bring your signif others/friends and we'll make it a party.

See y'all on the 25th.

I wish there was a place where we could do some good natured speed tests. Hmmm.

SilverStreak 08-08-2001 10:11 AM

SILVERCALLX~ Yeah, it is a perfect place for what you are wanting. I wish that I could go but make sure to take lots of pix.

Elusiv1 08-08-2001 10:20 AM

aight this thing sounds like its going to happen.....well ill be there with my camera's so come in your best form...are we going to a park? do i need to bring some chips and dips...some shmirnoff ice n/e body?

silvercallx 08-08-2001 02:54 PM

Depends how long everybody wants to hang. If we're just talking shop and taking pictures maybe we'll hang for an hour or two. If we all bring some beer and want to pull out a lawn chair or two and put down a few (responsibly), then we'll hang longer.

Definitely bring some eats and drinks if you can.

I'm trying to get a few more mods done to my ride that I've been meaning to do before the 25th.

SilverStreak 08-09-2001 02:03 PM

Can we please do this on the 18th/19th? I can get you more people to come on that day who live here and I will even help you reserve that area at the Fairgrounds since it is right down the street from me! ***SILVERCALLX***

Elusiv1 08-09-2001 03:19 PM

Hey *silvercall* post a sign up for the 25th on a new thread...im going to go to MODACAR that day so it should be coo' maybe we all can go there and haggle a group discount out of them over at MODACAR...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

silvercallx 08-09-2001 10:33 PM

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting an exact location yet. Believe me I'm still on it. I just haven't gotten out to Pleasanton in the last few days.

I think we should stick with the 25th myself since most people have said yes to that date. Anyoe want to weigh in on Streak's date change suggestion?

Also, I'm posting a new thread for a sign up sheet.

BigD 08-19-2001 12:36 AM

Just like I said on the other thread, I don't know if any of you are also members of ClubSI, but they are also having a meeting on the 25th, adn it promises to be huge. It is not only for SIs, but all Civics are welcome, in fact, the majority is not SIs at all, but anyways, for any of you that want to go, it would be coo to roll down there (Pismo Beach) as a group and represent. Let me know what you all think.