Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west)
-   -   Club?!?! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west/15634-club.html)

ImmortalEX 11-11-2001 02:48 AM

Club?!?!

Alright.. I want to get a club going. I am torn between 2 names:

Left Coast Motorsports
Fractured Racing/Team Fractured

I am leaning more towards Fractured (Fractured Racing, Team Fractured). I think it just sounds alot better than Left Coast. Let me know what you guys think. And if you want to get the club going with me, let me know. I am open to any & all ideas. The only thing I wish for is to meet about once a month at least and try and get some members. I want it to actually be a club to where we can meet up & also meet other people in the import scene. I would also like to get a website going as well. But anyways, anyone up for it???

BabyLX 11-11-2001 02:57 AM

So is it a club or racing team? Either way I'd be interested in checking it out.

InspectaDeck 11-11-2001 03:19 AM

hey immortal,
sorry man, but i dont think i can join the club. i got recruited to another team. they are rollin pretty thick and they have sponsors so they are gonna help me out a lot. hit me up, cuz i'm sure they'd be interested in another member if you and darkcivic are down. -inspectaDeck

ImmortalEX 11-11-2001 03:42 AM

BabyLX - 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. I would like to race, but it will be awhile before I feel my car is up to it. Need more mods. :)

Inspecta - PM me the details & I will let you know what's up, sounds like a good deal though. Cool?! I would be down for something like that. :)

Basically I am just trying to get together something. There are alot of So Cal/SD people I see here that are novices to all this like me. I would like to get a group together for show/race that are on the same level. No rank, no taking over the club, I want it to where everyone is equal, and have ideas to mod our cars and to get into the import scene here in So Cal/SD. I dont want a thug group, or a bunch of haters. But with those kind of clubs out there, we should all have each others backs, be friends, & be down for our group. But not to the point of starting sh!t cuz people are hating on our 2k1's. I have dealt with trying to get a club movin before & everyone turned out to be flakes. I am seriously wanting to get into the scene & having others like me by my side. our 2k1's are like the black sheep of the import scene it seems & I would like to eventually show those others out there that our 7th gens have what it takes. I am not keeping it closed to only 7th gens, but i would like to exclude total rice & hoop rides :). IMO, that's just embarrasing to a club.

So if this goes thru, I like Fractured Racing/Team Fractured. Let me know your opinions.

BabyLX 11-11-2001 03:54 AM

Hey it sounds good to me, you can count me in.

Email: Tj212001@aol.com or Tjackman3@home.com
AIM: TJ212001

You can contact me and I'll help, I've wanted to get into a team/club environment, where there would be other people to learn from and with, especially other 2k1's.

ImmortalEX 11-11-2001 04:19 AM

Cool. You can contact me as well @

whyarentu1@home.com
AIM: DevillMusick

Let me know your ideas & what you expect out of a club. Maybe we can get this thing rollin. :)

Anybody else interested possibly?!?

HitlistCivic01 11-11-2001 10:18 AM

and what exactly does Team Fracture stand for? is there a meaning to it or it jsut sounds cool? im not tryin to bring down the name but i can already tell other racers out there will start clowning on that name.

ImmortalEX 11-11-2001 08:51 PM

Actually, As I typed this long ass reply, you helped me prove a point to myself. In my reply I had wrote that I wanted everyone that wanted to be on the team to be an individual an be themselves instead of being what everyone else deems "cool". Well, doesnt "team" kinda contradict "individual". So thank you HitListCivic01, for opening my eyes. I appreciate it. Maybe I should listen to what I am saying & just be an individual instead of having a "team".

Immortal

:)

ModNewbieHELPME 11-11-2001 10:33 PM

....wait....so this happenin or not? Heh.
I'd be in but I'd like a little more info before I run headlong into this.

Handsonme 11-11-2001 10:59 PM

No total rice? haha..am I excluded from consideration then? :)

ImmortalEX 11-11-2001 11:56 PM

Handsonme - Like I said it is open to any & all. Plus you're cool, i was at the last meet & youare more than welcome. But I am saying that we should be geared to get knowledge on the scene & get into it. I dont need to have a deep meaning to the club name & that I will get clowned. Do I care? Do You Care? If you are down, show it & post some. Lets get it goin...

ModNewbie - What info do you need/want? I will let you know what I can. P/M me. As for it still happening, yeah, if there are those that are down for starting this with me & not be flakes. I need some people to want to be members & That's my only issue at this point. If I cant get anyone together, then obviously it will die out.

Be an individual & think for yourself and make the decision. If you want to do it alone, cool. I am not hating on that. If you want to do it with those on the same level that are cool & not hating on each & everyone, here it is. All of So Cal are welcome. All I ask is no clowns, no haters.

DarkCivic 11-12-2001 01:42 PM

Immortal- I'm down to join your club or that one that Inspectadeck is gettin' down with. Either way i'd like to have a group to hang with & talk cars, go to meets, etc. Inspecta let me know the details of this club your joining and if they're really looking for people. Let's get this thing going! Oh, I think I like Left Coast Motorsports better than "Fractured Racing" only because fractured is like saying "broken". Just my 2 cents but I'm down either way.

ImmortalEX 11-12-2001 02:57 PM

OK, Everyoen that would like to be a part of this, post if you would rather have the name Left Coast Motorsports or Fractured Racing/Team Fractured. This way we can have a majority rule.

THanks!

Handsonme 11-12-2001 03:45 PM

I know you have to choose one or the other......but in my opinion, I think Fractured sounds painful (as in car crash time?)...Left Coast to me sounds sort of ghay...like we're stuck in the Westsiiiiiide phase. LOL
If I had to pick, I would pick Fractured (it sounds better)...but it's still sort of shady to me...I'm thinking it's a jinxy name. *knock on wood*

edit: Hey, Immortal, yeah, I think it would be really cool if like everyone (unless they already belong to a racing team) from the last meet joined. It would be really cool, (I think so) because we already have this "2k1civicbond". haha [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I mean, club sounds better than racing team...I'm not there yet also. Club would be nice....ahh..our own auto club. :) It already feels like the SoCal region has our own "network" already.... in a way...like we're all closer to each other than the other regions are. Dayam...I'm sounding all wishy-washy here. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

DarkCivic 11-12-2001 04:27 PM

I know it sucks but I'm gonna throw more names in the mix- tell me which are OK. Let's try to get about 5-10 finalists and have and all out vote. Everyone who's in one this should try to contribute as well.

Empire Motorsports
Empire Import Design
Backlash Motorsports
Balanced Racing Design
Import Custom Works
Import Development
SoCal Import Design
Diego Motorsports
SD Import Design
SD Custom Works

I don't know if any of these are used already but these are just falling out of my bored-at-work head.

Handsonme 11-12-2001 05:27 PM

Here's a stupid one..but I thought it would be cool:
KKK
(Killa Kali Kars)

DarkCivic 11-12-2001 05:44 PM

<< Here's a stupid one..but I thought it would be cool:
KKK
(Killa Kali Kars)
>>

Are you trying to get us shot? Or hanged? Or shot and hanged?

Inspired2k1 11-12-2001 07:28 PM

Im cool with a club as far as the name you can always try one of mine - GoofyLogic Racin and Inspired Racing

BabyLX 11-12-2001 08:38 PM

You know I'm down for it. As for the name out of the two I like fractured better, and as for DarkCivic's name's also thats another option we can all consider :). [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

DarkCivic 11-13-2001 12:32 PM

Hey Inspired- are you going to be a the meet again? I need you to take a few more pics for me if it's alright. :tup:

BlackKnight 11-13-2001 04:41 PM

I only problem with me joining is that all u live in san diego and going 2 mettings would blow snice i have 2 drive 2 hours 2 them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

ImmortalEX 11-13-2001 06:35 PM

Dark - Some of those names were pretty cool. I am still all for this. keep em commin.. .:)

ImmortalEX 11-14-2001 06:02 AM

I like the ones listed below. THe Empire one might give someone the wrong idea considering that San Bernidino is called the Inland Empire. Someone might think we are from there with those 2. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG], I arrowed the ones that I like. How about a majority rule? I see the problem with fractured.. "so I am not good for creating names" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Anyway, My #1 choise would be SD Import Design. Kinda sounds like a store, but I dont have any concerns over that.

Empire Motorsports
Empire Import Design
Backlash Motorsports &lt;--
Balanced Racing Design
Import Custom Works
Import Development
SoCal Import Design &lt;--
Diego Motorsports &lt;--
SD Import Design &lt;--
SD Custom Works

BabyLX 11-14-2001 07:06 AM

SD Import Design or Diego Motorsports! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

Handsonme 11-14-2001 09:38 AM

SD? but I'm not from SD.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
haha
Talk more at meet.

ShinyGreenSuit 11-14-2001 02:53 PM

Wow, I just found this forum! Good deal, I'm in!

I kind of like SD Import Design. Motorsports seems kind of NASCAR to me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

And, incidently, I can do the website. Its what I do for a living actually. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

DarkCivic 11-14-2001 03:47 PM

So, SD Import Design- can I get an amen!

ImmortalEX 11-14-2001 09:46 PM

Amen!!!!!!! Can I get A witness!!?!?!?!?!??!!

Shinygreensuit - Any pages that are up for exaples of your work?

JDock 11-14-2001 10:17 PM

Just throwin out some names (hopefully there aren't other clubs by these names haha, that would suck [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] )

Hi-Calibur Motorsports (Hey, look, it has Cali in it [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] )
Southern Speed (We in the south right?)
Frizzled Rice (Pwuahahah)

I'm j/kin bout the last one [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

Anyways, I'm stumped...

ImmortalEX 11-15-2001 01:25 AM

Should we do a So Cal one? Maybe more members that way.. What do you think Dark? I like the SD Import Design though.