Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west)
-   -   Got My Sportlines (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west/14032-got-my-sportlines.html)

ImmortalEX 10-25-2001 03:14 AM

WEll, FINALLY! I got this mofo lowered.... got my sportlines & it makes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of a difference in the handling... It was a hassle to get them put on though.

Hey Inspecta, I got them thrown on by Tipton Honda. Made the appointment last friday, dropped off tuesday @ 8AM. Thought I should have it by noon & at 5 PM @ the latest...

WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Apparently my car was the first 2k1 they lowered. So they had some issues. I got a call @ 5 PM tuesday saying they had the rear done, but the fronts were not going to be done until wednesday morning. I asked what the hell they have been doing with it all day considering that the springs were supposedly ordered on friday when I made the appointment. Anyway, I was told that my car should be ready @ 11 AM wednesday. So I call @ about 9:30 AM this morning to see what's up, thinking that BY SOME MIRACLE, it would be done. They said they would call back w/ an update. They called & said that the springs were done, just the alignment needed to be completed. So I decide to head down about 11 AM hoping that my presence there would accelerate the process. I show & I am told 10 more minutes & we would be good to go. so 10 min goes by, no car. 20 minutes go by, no car. then a service "advisor" comes out & says the alignment is about complete & it will be a 1/2 hour more. I let him know my displeasure with all this considering it was to be done tuesday. SO, a 1/2 hour - 45 minutes goes by & another service "advisor" comes out & says I need a camber kit for my front passenger side tire and it would be "Blah Blah $$ & take another 1 1/2 hours"... I was like "WHAT?!!?". They wanted to put 1 camber kit on!?!? And these people are working on my suspension.... I said I wanted my car, i didnt want any camber kit(s) and I would like it done a bit quicker. So he says ok, that I will eat up the inside of the tire. I told him I would take the loss that I just wanted the damn car done. Then about 10 minutes later he says it was done & they had to take it off the lift & finish my paperwork. It took another 15 minutes to get it off the lift and another 15 to get the paperwork ready.... I finally got out of there about 1 PM.

So to end it all here, my advice if you go thru Tipton Honda of El Cajon, make sure they have the springs in stock & that they can guarantee to get it done the same day.. I made the mistake of leaving the car there & taking off, so I am pretty sure it wasnt even started tuesday like it should have been. They more than likely let it sit all day and got to it at their convenience... I guess I should have not givin them the benefit of the doubt.

Just thought I would share....

wsking77 10-25-2001 12:03 PM

u took the car to dealer to lower it?
how much?

spoonsportsd17's uncle lowered my car it took 2 hrs...

CivicHX01 10-25-2001 01:58 PM

well, i lowered my car myself... my friends and i did it, but i had some problems... first the wheels got dis-aligned... but other than that... it was pretty easy..

DarkCivic 10-25-2001 04:44 PM

Hey immortal, got any pics?

ImmortalEX 10-25-2001 10:36 PM

No pics as of yet. And let me say the price was competitive to most of the shops here in SD. I paid a bit much for them I think, But most of the other shops I was dealing with were sad & I would not trust them to do work on my suspension. I paid $250 for the springs + labor = $450. I only went to them cuz they warranty the work for a year & it was done by Honda Certified Techs... (Sometimes I wonder what it takes to get certified hence my little story above :susp: ).

I was in a rush to do it (As Usual), so of course I paid a little extra than if I was patient. I probably got ripped, but either way, I am happy with them for what I paid.

ScottieEX 10-26-2001 12:16 AM

darn.. i wanna drop mines tooo want it cheaper than 450 tho..

DarkCivic 10-26-2001 02:13 PM

Congrats man! I'm sure it looks tight. I got quoted for Neuspeed springs & install for $350- hurry up Christmas!

HShadow 10-27-2001 06:06 PM

DarkCivic, If you dont mind a drive to L.A. I think this place will install those springs cheaper for ya. If ya want you can call (562) 861-9383. Ask for mario. He also has a web site <a target=_blank href="http://www.rs2motorsport.com">RS2MotorSport</a> ask him and see if he will beat it for you. Say you want it for $300. or something.

BabyLX 10-30-2001 12:51 AM

I bought my Civic at Tipton Honda, its the only shop I know where you have to schedule an oil change a week in advance. Not to happy on how long it takes them to do an oil change either, my first one took 90 minutes to do, I can do my own oil change in 20 minutes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]. They're a little slow on service for my taste, but very nice at least so far [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG].

wsking77 10-30-2001 10:53 AM

immortal, do u hear any noises from the front suspension?

CapYoda 10-30-2001 02:21 PM

at least the work has warranty with it...

should have went with the camber kit...

if I ever lower my car, I'd go all out. but at least u got an alignment done, unlike most people.. they just drop and roll... screwing up their alignment, and bottoming out their tires eventually.

wsking77 10-30-2001 02:36 PM

<< at least the work has warranty with it... >>

warranty??? on the suspension?..thats good
i asked Honda World @ downey....they do lower cars...for $400 with spring and the guy told me it will voids the warranty

HShadow 10-30-2001 02:44 PM

WsKing77 you got your car there at honda world in downey? I al,ost got mine there too but the dudes there were pricks. I went to Brena Park Honda and got a sweet deal. They also said they will allow performance parts to an extent. Check there if your able to. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

srfdog88 10-31-2001 11:47 AM

tipton honda sucks, they are slow and last time i had a car in there it took them 3 weeks longer to fix it and it still wasnt done right. they suck, never get anything done by them

wsking77 10-31-2001 12:38 PM

i got my civic at costamesa honda....but honda world is close to my house

HShadow 10-31-2001 03:02 PM

Then do they have say in warrenty voids since you did not get the car there?

ImmortalEX 10-31-2001 08:50 PM

My warranty was not voided by the sportlines per Ty Tipton. The warranty I got was basically for 1 year, if anything went wrong with the work or the springs, they would fix/replace them free of charge to me. That on top of the Eibach warranty (which I am not to clear on). As for the springs, I have heard 1 or 2 light pops in the rear but I was going out of a driveway at an angle. But that has been all. As far as the fronts, havent heard anything out of the front. The passenger side seemed to be settling alot faster, but it has since leveled out. Every dealer says something different as to what voids the warranty.

CivicHX01 10-31-2001 10:00 PM

so how much of a drop is it?