Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west)
-   -   I need a good shop!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/26-west/12820-i-need-good-shop.html)

Elusiv1 10-12-2001 06:56 PM

I need a good shop that does quality work and does not try to sell me BS. I live in Monterey, CA...so i guess somewhere in the bay area would be good for me. Please let me know the name an number of a good shop plesae!!!

LOWBOY 10-12-2001 08:08 PM

Try the phone book. I go with whoever has the best ad. It worked for me.

IRace4Fun 10-12-2001 08:12 PM

Phone book would be your best bet...

BigD 10-13-2001 01:32 AM

I need a shop that is aftermarket friendly. I don't want to lose my warranty just for putting on a new intake. Any ideas?

ripper 10-15-2001 12:32 PM

Dude, I've got a killer mechanic, he's an old hot rod guy, and done all the work to my cars and friends cars. I know he doesn't BS cuz I've known him since I was 8 years old. One look at his 39' ford, and you'll know. It's Outlaw Performance in Campbell. The number is 408-374-4706.

Elusiv1 10-15-2001 12:47 PM

Hey BigD....there is a great shop in your town...its called MASwheelhouse. They are good they install superchargers and everything. I would go to them alot but they are 2 hours away...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] but thanks the advice Ripper..once i get into the hard stuff ill probaly give him a call..

silvervtec01 10-15-2001 08:29 PM

heard a lot of good stuff about MAS Wheelhouse. i havent been yet, but from what i've heard so far, i could recommend them anyway!

Elusiv1 10-16-2001 05:09 PM

Yeah they are coo'...juss talked to them!! I orderd my DC exaughst from them...they told me it was on backorder so they hookd up a good price. I cant say how much but alot less then most people have them for on the web. So far they are the best...!!

ayzan 10-17-2001 12:47 AM

MODACAR in Pleasanton is a good shop and so is MAS. I also highly recommend Motorsport Dynamics, but they are located in Sacramento.

SacMan 10-18-2001 10:23 AM

Motorsport Dynamics is going to be installing my Pro Kit next week. I've seen some nice cars come out of there. They actually came recommended from Ground Control when I was looking at kits.

I live like 6 mins. from Ground Control and they don't do any installs ... for the public. They have some nice rides up there too.

Not sure who else ... Oh, there's a place called Mach Performance in Elk Grove right at Hwy 99 & Grant Line Rd ......... they have some nice rides, but were like $40 more to install my kit - so for now, I'm going the cheaper route.

Good Luck

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]