Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/217-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   Emissions showing "Not Ready" (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/217-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/355425-emissions-showing-not-ready.html)

stephen25 05-13-2013 08:07 PM

Emissions showing "Not Ready"

Hey, guys here are the details I aplogize for the length, I just bought a 97 civic HX and had to get emissions. When i went to get my emissions done it showed a not ready so i checked through everything and found out the 7.5 A back-up fuse was blown that holds the memory for the ECU. After replacing with a new fuse i drove it until the drive cycle was complete and it threw a code P0453-Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor this car does not have one I've looked every where. I soon got frustrated with that and tried to sort thru my butchered radio harness from the previous owner I suddenly lost power to the ciggarette lighter and radio back up. I checked the fuse and it was fine tried to pull the code again and it shows not ready once again. and I still have no power on that circuit ive metered my brains out and dont know why this is???? Please HELP:hithead:

ezone 05-13-2013 09:13 PM

Re: Emissions showing "Not Ready"

P0453-Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor this car does not have one I've looked every where.
It has one according to my info. Keep looking.

FTP sensor is attached to the bypass solenoid, under the car, near the drivers side front corner (?) of the gas tank.

and tried to sort thru my butchered radio harness
Sort out the radio wiring.
Disconnect the battery while you work with the wires so you don't blow more fuses.

I suddenly lost power to the ciggarette lighter and radio back up.
The cig lighter socket doesn't use the BACK UP fuse.. It uses a different fuse. #27, 10A, dash fuse box.

The back up fuse (engine compartment box) is probably blown again too. A simple test light would verify this without pulling it out to look.

ezone 05-13-2013 09:16 PM

http://0.tqn.com/d/autorepair/1/0/M/8/83235845.gif

stephen25 05-13-2013 09:33 PM

The constant power to the lighter ties into the same circuit as the radio back up and the ecu, the lighter doesnt have power after the switch is turned off with out it it actually uses two circuits i think. I have dropped the entire tank and the sensor isnt there??? i promise in the time since ive replaced the back up fuse again but is there any way i canbe sure that the ECU back up has power?

ezone 05-13-2013 09:51 PM

it it actually uses two circuits i think.
Lighter socket should not have constant power on any of these cars. It is always wired to use ACCY power from the ignition switch.

I have dropped the entire tank and the sensor isnt there???
See the picture I posted?

Everything I have here says it's at the left front corner of the fuel tank.

is there any way i canbe sure that the ECU back up has power?
Voltmeter.

White/Blue wire, PCM cavity B-21 or C-10, depending on which version of the car you have.

Same wire at the back of the radio, also at the heater control panel.
Also goes to the TCM if you have a CVT trans.

stephen25 05-13-2013 10:09 PM

Thank you ezone. I dont mean to come across wrong just frustrated, the picture will not load it just keeps showing a circle loading? thats what I found even the local honda dealer gave me the exploded view of the sensor and its not where it says it is. Could it be different on a HX? I had a friend pull one from his ex and it was where it was supposed to be? I'm confused

stephen25 05-13-2013 10:15 PM

The blue and white wire in the back of the stero is the remote wire for an amp which powerson and off the memory to the ecu should obtain a constant 12v?

ezone 05-13-2013 10:21 PM

Ok you are into something I'm not super familiar with. I don't think I've ever seen an HX or a CX in my time at this dealer.
I'm using the factory info website though.

Is this a stock car? Stock engine? Stock ECM? If it is giving the code, then it needs to see a sensor.

This thread has the same pic (and a similar situation, but a wrong ECM for the car), see it it loads for you http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3041264

More clues yet?

ezone 05-13-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by stephen25 (Post 4640509)
The blue and white wire in the back of the stero is the remote wire for an amp which powerson and off the memory to the ecu should obtain a constant 12v?

Get that out of your head.

White/Blue in the factory wiring is not the same as Blue/White in an aftermarket stereo.

Shouldn't the remote turn on circuit be solid blue anyway?

ezone 05-13-2013 11:35 PM

Here's another one, different location but labeled as 99 LX though.
http://www.justanswer.com/honda/4db4...ad-sensor.html

Is the car USA or Canada? California?
2 door or 4?
Hatchback?
Which trans?

stephen25 05-18-2013 03:14 PM

Ok, guys sorry it took me so long to get back I've been traveling all over the united states for work. I looked at the radio harness and there isnt a blue and white wire there is a white wire with a blue stripe and a solid blue wire. Would it be the slid blue wire?

stephen25 05-18-2013 03:15 PM

The car is a 1997 2 door 5 speed, HX

ezone 05-18-2013 03:39 PM

Factory wiring only, we don't care about anything but what the factory put in the car.
Gray connector that went to the original radio.
White/Blue wire. That's a white wire with a blue tracer stripe.

ezone 05-18-2013 05:55 PM

Is this a USA car?
Does it have an engine swap? PCM swap?
What is the part number on the PCM?

stephen25 05-18-2013 06:33 PM

Yes, this is a usa car and the grey connector was cut off of the harness. It has the stock wiring,motor, and PCM let me get the # off of the PCM though

stephen25 05-18-2013 08:22 PM

and it has the P2N PCM

ezone 05-18-2013 10:57 PM

Ok, what is the complete part number on the PCM, and what is the VIN of the car? I'd like to see if my parts catalog says they match.
Is this a California emissions car or 49 state? (2 different PCMs)

There's gotta be a legitimate reason that the car doesn't have that sensor-- yet the computer is looking for one.

Just looking at different years, for example a 2000 HX has the FTP sensor and a different computer number than the 97, which seems to not have an FTP sensor. I'm still thinking your car probably doesn't have the correct PCM.

stephen25 05-19-2013 04:48 PM

Let me get the full #, the thing is it passed emissions last year. I don't think it could be something that bad you know

stephen25 06-05-2013 07:48 PM

White with blue stripe stripe was it!!! Thanks Ezone it passed 40 mins after tapping my newly ran power to the white/blue wire.