Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades)
-   -   Installing Power locks for keyless entry system (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades/179558-installing-power-locks-keyless-entry-system.html)

Dell500 10-21-2004 09:03 PM

Installing Power locks for keyless entry system

I have a 2003 Ford Focus Sedan, base model, prolly an LX, whatever... So I was wondering if there is a way to get powerlocks for a keyless entry system for my car. Most other focus boards are boring. Friend mentioned this board and signed me up. Any help would be great, thanks.

BTW, newb here, and I need lots of explanations for a lot of stuff. So the mroe info, the better. THANKS! :sweet:

Dell :rockon:

tbaleno 10-21-2004 09:45 PM

If you buy a keyless entry system you can have solinoids put in to unlock/lock the doors when you activate the keyless entry. It will cost extra. I think it cost me about $50 per door when I had mine done 4 or 5 years ago on an old car.

Caucasian.Asian 10-21-2004 10:20 PM

yeah, any ordinary keyless entry/alarm should provide you with what you want. just go to a car audio place and ask them to help you find what you want and they will be happy enough to help you. and get it installed where you buy it, you'll save a lot of money that way...

Dell500 10-22-2004 12:56 AM

I'm just going to buy a 4-door keyless entry power locks kit from a1electrical.com, they have a pretty good buy for the combo, but first i must get my alpine headunit and infinities in my car, woohoo....

dell :rockon:

darklegacy540 10-22-2004 06:05 PM

You should of bought an SVT!

Caucasian.Asian 10-22-2004 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dell500
I'm just going to buy a 4-door keyless entry power locks kit from a1electrical.com, they have a pretty good buy for the combo, but first i must get my alpine headunit and infinities in my car, woohoo....

dell :rockon:

i would buy from a car audio place and try and bull sh!t with them till they give me a phat deal

Dell500 10-22-2004 07:59 PM

Ya, SVT would of been the way to go, but i was and still am on a budget. I just found out my insurance just went down about $70-80. So i'll start addin some shit to my car like audio and such, then performance, but the keyless entry thing has intrigued me. On www.a1electrical.com they have a good keyless entry/4-door lock system for about $140 i think. BTW, what head unit do you guys recommend for all around MP3 playback and such. My buddy Dishwasher said the 9533 or something. It's about $300 retail. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Dell :rockon:

sls_turtle 09-14-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Installing Power locks for keyless entry system

hi i was reading the post and recognized that you have a ford forcus and are looking into getting power door lock if im not mistaken ford focus dosen't user conventional actuartor but a cable system which are sometimes a little more expecive. i would double check befor i order

unTuned 09-14-2008 10:40 PM

Re: Installing Power locks for keyless entry system

errr is it just me or did you just reply to a msg thats 4 years old? haha