Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades)
-   -   Tired of all you Le-Hoo-Za-HerZ!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades/132715-tired-all-you-le-hoo-za-herz.html)

SeCosCiV 01-02-2004 10:10 PM

Tired of all you Le-Hoo-Za-HerZ!!!

Ok, dammit.

My refund check is almost here and you guys make me sick. :_puke:

Everytime I make up my mind to get a particular set of woofers and an amp you guys basically bash the choice that I've made in another forum. I am looking for good bass, I'm not tryin to win any contest but above all I want EVERY sound and note clean, and I want to feel it. I am looking for two tens to put in a sealed box and my budget is, well for 2 10" subs I'm not going over $400 the amp can vary as long as I get the maximum that my subs can handle im not picky.

What I have now I guess is a below entry level system that I got from my boy:

2 MTX 10" don't know the model number but they are the ones that came out before the silver ones, all black w/ big MTX logo in center.
1 Sony 1000watt :_doh: (bs) amp pushin em hooked up to an 8 gauge amp kit.

Here are my choices for subs, if you vote please list your reason for picking the package and know that I primarily listen to rap, some techno, R&b, and jazz an christian occasionally. Sub ops are in the poll:

1. JL
2. Audiobahn
3. Kicker
4. Rock Fos

Mystic3030 01-03-2004 12:07 AM

The JL's are definitely what you want for what you described...but your gonna want about 1000 watts of real power for them. I would suggest a JL 1000/1.

LudlamTheory 01-03-2004 02:01 AM

the fosgates and teh audiobahns arent even in teh same league as teh kicker and jl, so take teh fosgate and audiobahn out of your head

the kicker will get loud, but the jl's will sound oh so pretty

HondaLuver 01-03-2004 10:45 AM

why not just 1 12

JohnDoe 01-03-2004 11:23 AM

more output from 2 10s

alex053 01-03-2004 12:48 PM

those rockfords do not work well in a sealed box. if you had about 1.75 ported per sub you would have all the output you could handle. if your looking RF get the Punch HX2's.

out of your choices......you said clean before you said loud, go with the JL

WhiteRabbit 01-05-2004 01:05 AM

no matter what you go with, someones gonna bash it. its my opinion that the w7 is one of the finest woofers out there, but people would bash my car if i ran them based on the name. dont listen to opinions, try to zero in on the more specific opinions, like luds and alexs.

As a general rule, its true that JL's woofers will sound more realistic than rockfords. but its alot easier to get a rockford superloud, comparing similar series woofers. (not comparing the punchZ to the JLw7)

kickers are definitely a loud choice, and can have the ability to play more accurately more often than the rockfords. id count them more like an in between of the JL rockford mix.

theres nothing wrong with the alumQ from audiobahn. whatever it can do, any of your other choices can do better. thats all there is to that. the specs are way off (ill never believe that 96 dB efficiency, ever ever ever)

if it were me, I would personally go with JL. I like the sound of hte v2's, and the w6's can handle some power, get reasonably loud.

however, for bump, itll be hard to beat those rockfords of L7's, and the L7's are cheap too, and have a decent amount of quality. plus name recognition, and even more unique of a look than the w6v2.

bottom line, is its your choice. ill stay out of the poll, but ive given my opinions on each of the woofers :) good luck!

Big_T 01-05-2004 01:01 PM

the v2's are great but what are you going to have powering it. also look into the jbl gti's i like mine

CelCUs 01-05-2004 01:39 PM

I've blown 3 Audiobahn 12's and never going back. AUdiobahn is all show and no go. I voted for the JL just cuz' i've been doing some research and thats what i was going to get next.

SeCosCiV 01-07-2004 04:40 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'm leanin towards JL though. I think what I'm gonna do is just save up and get em. I'd rather wait and be happy than just pounce on the Kickers right now.

GrayGhost 01-20-2004 03:49 PM

I'm running 2 10" Kicker Comp VRs and I'm extremely happy with them.