Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   whats up with every1 having a fire extinguisher? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/73657-whats-up-every1-having-fire-extinguisher.html)

slicksivik 01-27-2003 01:44 PM

whats up with every1 having a fire extinguisher?

i got no clue, ur car gonna blow up or turn on fire?

nme3 01-27-2003 01:47 PM

cause it looks badass :)

bobbyd 01-27-2003 01:51 PM

Who knows...if I had one it would be hidden and not in the open..:lol: But my old autoshop teacher always said if your car catches on fire to let it burn all the way down then call the Fire Dept. Cause it will be a wiring nightmare to get straight. :lol:

EManEX 01-27-2003 02:02 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: nme3
cause it looks badass :)[hr]
Exactly there is no better mod for the interior of your car then a fire extinguisher.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

TeLLy 01-27-2003 02:02 PM

When the hamster is running the wheel at 7000rpm, he might actually catch fire. LOL, nah, it's mostly looks.

jkim1978 01-27-2003 02:04 PM

you ain't a baller if you don't have the big chrome extinguisher... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] j/k

bboysushi 01-27-2003 02:07 PM

I got one I got one!
its hidden under the carpet mat near my spare tire.
how pointless can ya get? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Bboysushi

jkim1978 01-27-2003 02:11 PM

you ain't a baller.... you still don't have it on the pillars... where everyone can see your extinguisher status... and your baller status hehehe [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 01-27-2003 02:37 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: black03rice
i got no clue, ur car gonna blow up or turn on fire?[hr]
It's always good to have one around. My buddy set his grass on fire once when he spilled charcoal fluid. I got my handy extinguisher out of the car and saved his yard and maybe his house. Kinda the same idea as having a first aid kit and hope you never need it.

Intruder 01-27-2003 02:47 PM

Mine is on my floor by the rear seat, well outta sight. I was a Jeep Jamboree USA trail guide for two years (NY and NJ) and have seen just how easily and how often fires can break out and get out of control. Even if the car doesn't start the fire, your campfire or grille can....

gotti 01-27-2003 03:02 PM

I think its actually a good idea. If you do a lot of DIY wiring and stuff there is a chance that you'll botch something up sooner or later and your switches / electronics could spark. Better safe than sorry, plus it looks kewl! :tup:

Baghead 01-27-2003 03:24 PM

fire extinguisher on a lightly modded civic = rice. no your car wont catch fire. if it does youd be experiencing horrible driving for a while before it caught fire. i could see having one for nitrous maybe...if youre dumb enough to run a shot that will blow the engine.

edit: to the trained eye it doesnt look "cool" it screams "stupid."

thats my opinion

nbpEMCivic 01-27-2003 03:31 PM

Its for when your floor falls apart and a fire starts after it sparks. Duh!

RedDragon333 01-27-2003 03:39 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Phillippe01
Its for when your floor falls apart and a fire starts after it sparks. Duh![hr]
Um yea like that one time um that in the Fast and the Furious movie. :_please: Heh that was the coolest movie ever :_doh:

amhtown01 01-27-2003 03:45 PM

i think u answered ur own question...

when ur car catches on fire dont come running to us...thats all i got to say

MadWheel 01-27-2003 03:59 PM

I dont know if insurance is the same everywhere...in NH if you have one in your car it actually lowers insurance. I'm thinking about getting one just for that reason, although it will be sleeping in my trunk

Jon 01-27-2003 04:50 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: TeLLy
When the hamster is running the wheel at 7000rpm, he might actually catch fire. LOL, nah, it's mostly looks.[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] poor lil hamster doing all the work in our motors; speaking of just-for-looks shit, i just saw my first pair of fake hood pins today, on a plymouth duster with a huge ass wing pffff

Baghead 01-27-2003 04:51 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: amhtown01

i think u answered ur own question...

when ur car catches on fire dont come running to us...thats all i got to say[hr]
guess you arent part of the "civics are SO reliable" group. lol trust me youd be very hard pressed to make a new car catch fire.

mykungfuisthebest 01-27-2003 04:55 PM

why....
http://www.robhelms.com/robsturboparts/DSC01148.JPG
http://www.robhelms.com/robsturboparts/DSC01145.JPG
just dont put 1 on each a piller in a stock vic :susp:

gotti 01-27-2003 05:12 PM

agreed.

I'd rather have the thing than wind up having my vic look like that poor integra.:tdown:

dirtEsanchez 01-27-2003 05:56 PM

Screw that. If yoru a quick mofo like me just rip out your head unit and grab your cd's and a jacket if you got one in your car and let the bitch burn! The roof the roof the roof is on fire!

And if yo a really quick mofo like me jack the acr up and tkae the rimmz off and pop the springs out, then stand back and watch the fun.

nongv 01-27-2003 06:28 PM

its for when you are smoking in the car and the ashes burn your carpet. then the car catches on fire. then your screw if you don't have it.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

kjgracing 01-27-2003 07:06 PM

Shouldn't this topic be in the "what defines a ricer" thread?
Halon fire extinguishers are for ballers
not the cheessy chromed out kitchen one

Baghead 01-27-2003 07:20 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: kjgracing
Shouldn't this topic be in the "what defines a ricer" thread?
Halon fire extinguishers are for ballers
not the cheessy chromed out kitchen one[hr]
let me explain something to you. if you are driving a civic you are NOT a baller. all these "its baller" defenses for the fact that some mods are rice, they are hilarious.

what would be funny if something actually did catch fire in the interior and you tried to put it out with halon while sitting in the car...
you know what happens if youre breathing in halon? you die.

Royando 01-27-2003 07:41 PM

not on my civic, too slow to even get up to the 7k rpms why get one:):)

aki 01-27-2003 11:37 PM

Why do ppl have extinguishers? Cus' lottsa ppl here are ricers. They just don't want to admit it.

Just in case? Gimme a break. You just wanna look cool w/ one inside, as if your ULEV crash safe vehicle will ever catch on fire. If you had a Pinto, I'd understand. A high compresssion engine churning out 1000 HP, I'd understand. But a 115hp Civic w/ bolt ons churning out 40mpg? You gotta be kidding me.

If you want safety, get rid of those environmentally unfriendly plasticky body kits, those high-flow cats that are polluting our air. Get rid of those rubberband low profile tires that will puncture and make you swerve out of control. If you want safety quit drivin like a reckless teenager, being deceived that u're a character out of Initial D, and have 100 more hp than you really do. Get rid of spoilers and wings that pronounce understeer (if your car can ever reach those speeds). Get rid of those wannabe HID lights that burn out after a couple of months, or provide worse-than stock lighting, or those HID's whose beams aren't suited for our car.

I know you flamers are all ready to pounce, go for it. But you know I, as well as the majority of population have a point. So many ppl here dog on Fast and the Furious, but then they turn around and go copy the movie. Go figure.

-Aki

BlkCivicAngel 01-28-2003 05:32 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh god no please dont think about it :shake:

CarbonFly 01-28-2003 05:38 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: mykungfuisthebest
why....
just dont put 1 on each a piller in a stock vic :susp:[hr]
You are gonna need a he|| of a lot more than that little extinguisher to put that out.

BlkCivicAngel 01-28-2003 06:58 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02

why....
You are gonna need a he|| of a lot more than that little extinguisher to put that out.[hr]
I second that motion [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

nme3 01-28-2003 10:03 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: BlkCivicAngel

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02

why....
You are gonna need a he|| of a lot more than that little extinguisher to put that out.[hr]
I second that motion [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][hr]

at that point forget about your car, and just spray that mofo on yourself