Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   The dumbest question ever asked... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/73513-dumbest-question-ever-asked.html)

Exodus 01-24-2003 10:58 PM

The dumbest question ever asked...

OK, maybe I exaggerated, but I still need to know. Why are there two holes in my driver's side floor mat? The holes seem to line up with two cutouts in the fabric below my seat, but I still have no clue what they are for. It seems like a system for keeping the mat in place, but there is nothing to connect the two. If anyone has any info please help me out.

slikor 01-24-2003 11:00 PM

If you bought mats, they should have come with little retension clips that go in the floor (in those carpet cutouts you mentioned) to hold the mat in place. My 01 Ex Coupe came with them cause I got the mats installed at the dealership.

4bangin 01-24-2003 11:01 PM

take it back to the dealer. there should be two little black/tan hook type things that go into the holes in the mat to keep them in place.

damn beat me too it.

Mbow 01-24-2003 11:03 PM

Maybe they forgot to install the little clips or something...that what they are for like slikor said though...

Do you have an ex?

born2xLr8 01-24-2003 11:11 PM

I bought my LX and got the mats for free (with my car) and I didn't get any hooks. You think they will give me complementary hooks if I go back?

RyzRocket02 01-24-2003 11:14 PM

Yeah they're for the hooks. The Bastards at the dealership didn't give me any either and the mats slide all over the place...

sadboy916 01-24-2003 11:24 PM

nah the dumbest question was the guy who asked how to double clutch his automatic

Exodus 01-24-2003 11:33 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to the dealer tomorrow and holding everyone hostage until I get free clips - wish me luck.

Mbow 01-24-2003 11:50 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: sadboy916
nah the dumbest question was the guy who asked how to double clutch his automatic[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Damn! I wish I could have seen that one! I needed that.

sadboy916 01-25-2003 12:05 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow

nah the dumbest question was the guy who asked how to double clutch his automatic[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Damn! I wish I could have seen that one! I needed that.[hr]
you joined in 2002 so you missed it

KeNsHiN 01-26-2003 07:51 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: RyzRocket02
Yeah they're for the hooks. The Bastards at the dealership didn't give me any either and the mats slide all over the place...[hr]
me too, biitches! am going tom. and demanding some![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

supernootz 01-26-2003 07:59 PM

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll:):):):):):):):):):)

CivicRicer02 01-26-2003 08:10 PM

I have an lx and i got both the matts and the retaners wwith my car(oh did i mention a extra set ofmatts for the front for free they were in my trunk when i got home i noticed them)

XxSoVeReiGNxX 01-26-2003 08:25 PM

w00t! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] LoL!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:cry:[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:cry:[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]:tup:

HondaSales 01-27-2003 07:57 PM

anyone who did not get the retaining clips installed with their floormats should go back to the dealer. They would have a huge lawsuit on their hands if your floormat slid up and the accelerator got stuck and caused an accident. I work at a delership so don't let them blow you off...