Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Tanabe Super Racing Medalion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/68360-tanabe-super-racing-medalion.html)

xHoteKx 12-22-2002 05:38 PM

Tanabe Super Racing Medalion

ok, im interested in this setup, but how loud is it? can someone compare it to some other cat-back system?

CarbonFly 12-22-2002 05:47 PM

I'm going to record mine when it arrives and post it up for all to hear.

xHoteKx 12-22-2002 06:00 PM

you just told me that on AIM [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

RSXtypeIvtec 12-22-2002 06:45 PM

i think its pretty loud, if you have ever heard the Greddy Evo, i think its just a little bit louder than that, and the Evo isnt even that loud.
The tanabe isnt as loud as it seems from the inside, but outside its pretty loud.
Louder than most exhaust, i'd probably say its around the "loudness" of the Skunk2, not as loud though
Just loud enough for me:)
cant go wrong with it!

Sweetpants 12-22-2002 07:14 PM

would it be louder than my CAI, because my intake is louder than the current cat-back i have on there right now

AllEyEsOnMe 12-22-2002 07:30 PM

The tanabe isn't that loud. It kind of a low deep sound. If I could still hear my intake then the exhaust isn't that loud. If it was really loud I would have gotten rid of it, because I hate loud noisy exhausts.

CarbonFly 12-22-2002 07:57 PM

You all have to put it into perspective. Are you talking about the exhaust with or without the silencer?

RSXtypeIvtec 12-22-2002 08:05 PM

im talking about without the silencer, most people are im guessing since not many people put that in
it really isnt as loud as people think it is, i can still hear my intake(cai) clearly
maybe cause our D17 just sux but yea...

xHoteKx 12-22-2002 10:45 PM

hmmmm.. i can't hear shit from my intake (stock, but when i take out the intake resonator) with my exhaust.. all i can hear is the exhaust goin BBRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnn BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnn BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]custom piping

RedDragon333 12-22-2002 10:54 PM

The tanabe sounds great its a low deep throaty sound not high pitched but its not too loud from the cabin. Its a great deep sound, its puts a smile on my face everytime i turn on the car

civicvtec1ps 12-22-2002 10:55 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: xHoteKx
hmmmm.. i can't hear shit from my intake (stock, but when i take out the intake resonator) with my exhaust.. all i can hear is the exhaust goin BBRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnn BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnn BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]custom piping[hr]
boooorommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
got mustang?

[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

get dc tcs. dont change ur mind

CarbonFly 12-23-2002 08:18 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: civicvtec1ps

get dc tcs.[hr]
That exhaust is so overrated. Tanabe ownz any system on the market.:_bow:

3rdcivic 12-23-2002 10:29 AM

DC Sports TCS exhaust system sucks donkey balls!

CivicPro01 12-23-2002 11:18 AM

have you even tried the dc sports tcs???? i totally love the exhaust. i love the looks because you know that no one around me is gonna get it and the sound is awesome very deep

redcivic 12-23-2002 11:43 AM

The tcs is not bad, except for who ever desinged it must have been on crack, have yhou seen where the muffler is I mean it's all twisted around and crap.:)
you can not go wrong with the Tanabe super racing medalion, I did a lot of thinking about a lot of exhaust's and believe me you won't be sorry. but seriously don't get tcs sitck with japanese stuff like tanabe or a'pexi.

bake 12-23-2002 01:46 PM

yea im not much on the design of the dc tcs, and half of this board has it, so during the spring im gettin the tanabe, dc kinda reminds me of alteeza's when it first come out it was the thing to get and then it just gets old and becomes that 4 letter word that is used on here alot r-i-c-e!!!!

redcivic 12-23-2002 04:26 PM

hey what's wrong with altezza's, I have some and I think they look good.

CarbonFly 12-23-2002 04:32 PM

I don't see anything wrong with altezza's. They just get a bad rap from people seeing them on movies like F&F or seeing them at car shows. I recently sold mine because I was tired of getting revved on by every little hothead kid who thinks he's got a spoon engine under the hood.

redcivic 12-23-2002 04:55 PM

ya i guess that's true about there reputation. I still like mine alot thou.

RSXtypeIvtec 12-23-2002 05:31 PM

yea i agree, nothings wrong with altezza's...dumb movie
still say Tanabe! only heard good things about it so far