Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Worried about your bumpers? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/59093-worried-about-your-bumpers.html)

Boilermaker1 10-18-2002 11:53 AM

Worried about your bumpers?

3M Invinca-Guard is a clear Urethane cover that goes over your bumper and hood. Keeps stones and people from chiping your paint. I thought it was only for BMWs (Bavarian Autosport was the only place I've seen it before). It's too late for my bumper (too many highway stones already). I came across it trying to help out Ducksause with his bumper strips (PMed him about it already), but I'll just tell the rest of you too.

01SOHCcivic 10-18-2002 12:14 PM

Do they come in sheets?
I want to put some of that stuff on the bottom of my car too many rocks:shake:

DaCurryman 10-18-2002 12:49 PM

Since it's too late to save my stock bumper and hood, do you guys think this would be a good investment if I decide to get a kit and CF hood? Would it look right on a CF hood?

DaCurryman 10-18-2002 12:51 PM

Also, apparantly, according to their mainpage, you can get 20% off if you order from their website with Discount Code "ISBY4"

KeNsHiN 10-18-2002 01:43 PM

yeah sounds cool but how hard is it to put it on

Boilermaker1 10-18-2002 01:52 PM

From reading about the one for BMW's, it's a 2 man job (to keep the stuff from folding or bubbling, more hands the better), and it is possible to put it on as a DIY. It looks to be like 'window tint' for body panels, spray on glue and roll it on. It seems like it can be done at home if you have a clean place to do it and you're careful, otherwise, I'm sure a detail shop could do it.

TYPE7RS 10-18-2002 02:06 PM

i'd like to wrap my entire car in that stuff, to protect it from other cars in the parking lots and stuff.:_doh:

notsodiseased 10-18-2002 02:35 PM

i might be wrong but i think they had an article about thats stuff in the back of one of the last couple car and driver magazines,,,spose to be the good stuff.. im considering

sevenincubus 10-18-2002 03:30 PM

there's an article about this in the oct issue of import tuner. they covered the front bumper and side mirrors of a wrx.

Nuts 10-18-2002 05:30 PM

its this stuff noticeable? or is it completely unnoticable. is it easy to take on and off or is it permanent?

PicCoLoboi02 10-18-2002 05:39 PM

i need that...i have 4 rock chips on my hood already [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I think they're pretty much unnoticable

Boosted2k2 10-18-2002 05:54 PM

I think I read that it is unnoticable unless you have a white car in which case it darkens the color by 4% which is still pretty unnoticeable. I was looking into this a couple months ago. They make them for your lights too.:tup:

Boosted2k2 10-18-2002 05:55 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Nuts
its this stuff noticeable? or is it completely unnoticable. is it easy to take on and off or is it permanent?[hr]
I think it may be permanent in the same relation that tints are "permanent"

aetobatus 10-18-2002 07:29 PM

Deluxe Kit (includes the Standard) -- $229 :eek::eek:

My car is just a civic :)

windowtint 11-01-2002 10:54 PM

the clear vinyl sheilds are widely available ~ you name the car, it's probably available in a precut kit form. Many shops also carry it in plain roll form so they cut there own patterns

i suggest you go pay a window tinter or vinyl guy to install it ~ like most everything else of a technical and delicate nature ~ you're smarter if you pay a pro.

anyway... the stuff has been around for many many many years, shouldn't be to hard to find someone local who carries it for you

(there are dozens of manufacturers of the stuff)