Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Axle-Back exhaust that will bolt up to OEM pipe??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/50775-axle-back-exhaust-will-bolt-up-oem-pipe.html)

pounds 08-21-2002 12:02 AM

Axle-Back exhaust that will bolt up to OEM pipe???

yes i searched...but didnt really find what i need to know....

im having to put my OEM pipe back on and still want some type of exhaust, even if it is just for looks and sound....anyone know what fits? and if you have it then give a review please

pleeeeeeeeeease help!:)

ak 08-21-2002 12:12 AM

ask peacemaker

AIM sn: peacemaker1ps

he has the n1 style axle back muffler.

rickinthescv 08-21-2002 12:27 AM

HKS rear section
TSUDO rear section
Thermal rear section

All bolt up to the stock rear pipe.

SatinSilver2k1 08-21-2002 12:29 AM

i have the ractive one..it's cheap and i like the sound...not ricey (keep the resonator)...just a nice growl noticeable to the trained and sometimes untrained ear.....my buddy who knows nothing about cars said he likes the sounds...he said it sounds "mean"..i give it a :tup:

edit: and it bolts right up...took me about 1/2 hour to install..

Bartkat 08-21-2002 12:49 AM

HP Racing also makes an axleback with a removable silencer that's prety cheap.

Wanger 08-21-2002 02:17 AM

may i ask why your going back to oem? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Panda 08-21-2002 02:18 AM

there are several axle backs out there...lemme list a few.. Ractive makes a tanabe style, HP racing makes about 4 different styles, HKS has the hiper, and thers thermal and Konig mozart....
I had the mozart and I liked the sound but I sold it cause I like the way the HKS looks....and from what I hear the HKS still retains good low end torque...
installation is simple, it takes all of 15 mins or so

SoNiCcIvIc 08-21-2002 02:27 AM

I would sell my Skunk2 catback if I could get the sound of an Integra Type R/s2000. Wish the RSX-R's axle back fitted our cars... sounds sweet... like a sport bike. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Panda 08-21-2002 02:35 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
I would sell my Skunk2 catback if I could get the sound of an Integra Type R/s2000. Wish the RSX-R's axle back fitted our cars... sounds sweet... like a sport bike. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?[hr]
you could get the spoon rear section, have a shop chop it and customize it to fit our cars....it would be pricey and I doubt it'll sound like the teg or s2k.. but that would be a different sound that nobody has yet...

Mbow 08-21-2002 09:04 PM

I think the HKS axle-back is a sweet looking setup. If I could do it again, that's what I would get.

vino 08-21-2002 09:52 PM

i ordered the hks at optauto.com and its backordered but they said they will have it in next month....you should look into that

Panda 08-22-2002 09:29 AM

I just installed my HKS, it is sooo nice...."JDM" made in japan....they said a 5 hp gain from stock and I do feel it...no loss in low end torque either...my car pulls strong even with my heavy 18's.....